• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign for iOS - Anyone Playing?

134 posts in this topic

Wolverine / Patch *** at Level 166 is my "go to guy."

My usual rotation has been tough to beat. I include Wolverine and one of the following then anybody else to act as filler. If the opposing team is pretty tough, then I pick Wolverine *** and two of the following.

Character and Current Levels:

1 - Captain America / Steve Rogers *** - 166

2 - Black Panther *** - 166

3 - Deadpool *** - 116

4 - Storm *** - 146

5 - Storm ** - 94

6 - Wolverine / Patch *** - 166

7 - Wolverine / X Force **** - 200

8 - Magneto / Classic *** - 153

9 - Hulk *** - 120

10 - Doom *** - 104

I currently am trying to level up Storm*** to 166 and Deadpool to 153. After that I may try to build up Thor*** and Nick Fury****

Strangely in some battles Iron Man* is still effective.

Wolverine *** is great in taking out the minion guys who don't match colors or if you have built up 18 green or so to use that green power twice. Because he is self healing I have him getting back 465/109 health every turn depending on how many yellow tiles are on the board.

I have his powers split at:

5 green - 2,087 damage - if you strike a second green attack after the first the second increases due to the strike tiles already placed.

4 red - 161 damage per each tile on the board bearing his icon (does a lot of damage)

4 yellow - (passive) If there are ten yellow on the board he regains 435 health. If less than ten yellow he regains 109 health.

Edited by Buzzetta

I still :luhv: using ** hawkeye

I have his purple at full so if you hit a 5 star combo or 6 angle combo it puts 3 or 4 ( can't remember ) speed shot count down tiles that do a lot of damage.

This game reminds me of a slot machine and that hawkeye hit is like getting a match on a slot.. It's just fun.

One thing I cannot say often enough is to enter every tournament and play at least once regardless of whether or not you think you are going to win or even do well. Even if you lose, you will be ranked and receive some type of bonus at the end. On top of that everyone else in our group will benefit.

Wolverine *** is great in taking out the minion guys who don't match colors or if you have built up 18 green or so to use that green power twice. Because he is self healing I have him getting back 465/109 health every turn depending on how many yellow tiles are on the board.

I have his powers split at:

5 green - 2,087 damage - if you strike a second green attack after the first the second increases due to the strike tiles already placed.

4 red - 161 damage per each tile on the board bearing his icon (does a lot of damage)

4 yellow - (passive) If there are ten yellow on the board he regains 435 health. If less than ten yellow he regains 109 health.

Wolverine Patch couples pretty good with Squirrel Girl. Drop the green Wolvie power, then use the purple Squirrel Girl power, which does extra damage for each strike tile your opponent has. A pretty strong finisher if you're fully powered up. And you still get a chance to swing after using those powers.

One thing I cannot say often enough is to enter every tournament and play at least once regardless of whether or not you think you are going to win or even do well. Even if you lose, you will be ranked and receive some type of bonus at the end. On top of that everyone else in our group will benefit.

I totally agree (thumbs u

I totally agree (thumbs u

Okay! I get the message. I'll start entering more of the tournaments.

lol

Wasn't directed towards you

For us to get the better prizes we need 20 playing daily.

To win the top prizes .. 20 hi levels playing.

But if we can get 10 playing daily we might get a middle prize. Extra purple and a few gold coins is always nice.

I can't emphasize this enough. Black Widow (3 star) is the best character (with 3 stars). Makes SIX GREEN TILES which you choose placement, AND shoots for 4000 damage to everyone. If you're not maxing her out, you're not doing it right, max her out on green and pink. And her red ability does not suck either.

I like to pair with ASM (3star) who makes pink shields and ties people up (and occasionally heals) while collecting enough pinks to translate into greens for Black Widow Sniper Rifle.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to use invisible woman properly, although I don't have her too powered up.

I just put in a request as I just started playing. IGN zekebarrett

I just checked and the system has not processed it yet or something as you do not show up as someone to approve.

This happened with Aggiez... give it a day or two apparently. Just so you know, I am not ignoring you. We only have 13/20 slots filled. The more the merrier.

I can't emphasize this enough. Black Widow (3 star) is the best character (with 3 stars). Makes SIX GREEN TILES which you choose placement, AND shoots for 4000 damage to everyone. If you're not maxing her out, you're not doing it right, max her out on green and pink. And her red ability does not suck either.

I like to pair with ASM (3star) who makes pink shields and ties people up (and occasionally heals) while collecting enough pinks to translate into greens for Black Widow Sniper Rifle.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to use invisible woman properly, although I don't have her too powered up.

She's a bit of a "glass cannon" in the vernacular. If you can get her powered up she can wipe out a team, but she has such low HP that she may not make it there. Wolverine (X-Force) can do a ton of damage and has pretty good hp. In the current challenge my Wolverine (X-Force) with my Captain America (Steve Rogers) and my The Hood (Classic) can team up to wipe out the Family Reunion VII challenge pretty regularly (Level 254 Iron Man - Model 35, Level 255 Magneto - Classic, and a level 255 Don). But once I get the last two Green covers for Black Widow she's definitely one I'm leveling up.

I have 13 covers for Invisible Woman.

I have received extra covers and choose to sell the excess.

I, as you, have no idea what the benefits are to putting her on a team.

The only 4 Star characters I have seen tremendous benefit from are X-Force Wolverine, Fury and Female Thor.

She's a bit of a "glass cannon" in the vernacular. If you can get her powered up she can wipe out a team, but she has such low HP that she may not make it there. Wolverine (X-Force) can do a ton of damage and has pretty good hp. In the current challenge my Wolverine (X-Force) with my Captain America (Steve Rogers) and my The Hood (Classic) can team up to wipe out the Family Reunion VII challenge pretty regularly (Level 254 Iron Man - Model 35, Level 255 Magneto - Classic, and a level 255 Don). But once I get the last two Green covers for Black Widow she's definitely one I'm leveling up.

Agreed Wolverine (4star) is def better than Black Widow (3star), but I think she's the best 3 star character, of course you have to protect her, for which I use Spiderman. Hood is the real 'glass' character to me. Sooooo small, but sooo great with Cap.

If there's still room, I'd like to join.

Screen name is Velero.

Buzz, should I leave the group and reapply? I see all the members and it just says Pending by my IGN.

No, I just checked again and it showed up. Velero is in as well. Strange, Velero showed up immediately and you took a little over a day.

There is space for more.