• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign for iOS - Anyone Playing?

134 posts in this topic

Oh... and remember... for all challenges this week you get an increase in purple stuff...

So instead of 70/140 its a surprisingly beneficial 140/280.

It really adds up quickly to boost your characters.

Ok. Need some advice from boardies playing this. I have 10 *** characters I can level up to 166 and want to decide which to level up. Who would you level up and how do you use them?

Wolverine - Patch

Psylock - Classic

Thor - Modern

Spider-Man - Classic

Storm - Mohawk

The Hulk - Indestructible

Daredevil - Man Without Fear

Blade - Daywalker

The Punisher - Dark Reign

Captain Marvel - Modern

I should mention that my current A-Team is:

Wolverine - X-Force (lvl 250)

Captain America - Steve Rogers (lvl 166)

The Hood - Classic (lvl 166)

I also have:

Sentry - Dark Avengers (lvl 166)

Falcon - Mighty Avengers (lvl 166)

Ok. Need some advice from boardies playing this. I have 10 *** characters I can level up to 166 and want to decide which to level up. Who would you level up and how do you use them?

Wolverine - Patch - when xforce wolvie is low I switch to this guy. And he renews damage points during a fight. I like him

Psylock - Classic

Thor - Modern - a power fighter. I like him as a 2nd strong.

Spider-Man - Classic

Storm - Mohawk - can be powerful as a 3rd.

The Hulk - Indestructible - when I need a big brute.

Blade - Daywalker

Captain Marvel - Modern

I also have:

Added some texted next to some characters above

So, I say wolverine patch, Thor, hulk. Is what I would work first.

Wolverine - Patch - when xforce wolvie is low I switch to this guy. And he renews damage points during a fight. I like him

Psylock - Classic

Thor - Modern - a power fighter. I like him as a 2nd strong.

Spider-Man - Classic

Storm - Mohawk - can be powerful as a 3rd.

The Hulk - Indestructible - when I need a big brute.

Blade - Daywalker

Captain Marvel - Modern

I also have:

Added some texted next to some characters above

So, I say wolverine patch, Thor, hulk. Is what I would work first.

Hulk is big, but he's only good if you're taking damage. If you're doing things right, you shouldn't be taking too much damage most of the time. Same with Captain Marvel. Pass and Pass.

Patch is great for the early rounds of tournaments and the easy rounds of stories, because of the regeneration. Maybe

Blade is only really good with Daken. YOu don't have a leveled Daken? Pass.

Daredevil, Punisher, and Psylocke are average.

THor, Storm and Spiderman would be my recommedations. Storm is one of the best ways to get into a cycle loop for beating really hard bosses. And sometimes you need spider man to tie a mothereffer up. Thor is just effing strong.

What's the best way to level up your characters?

the fastest way is to pay the $$. the other way is to just play all the tournaments at least a minimum amount. Like for Lighting Rounds get to 100, and for real tourney's play get to at least 400.

the fastest way is to pay the $$. the other way is to just play all the tournaments at least a minimum amount. Like for Lighting Rounds get to 100, and for real tourney's play get to at least 400.

Are you in a big alliance?

Why aren't you with us??

Wolverine Patch is my recommendation

There is also a lot to be said for Black Panther and Deadpool. I have their group attack powers at five covers. When Panther strikes, he takes away 3,500+ from each enemy. Deadpool drops a whale and even at level 124 he is taking about 3,000 from each as well.

I am working on leveling up Storm*** and Deadpool as well as Wolverine X Force.

I also have been seeing the benefit of Captain Marvel Danvers ***

There is also a lot to be said for Black Panther and Deadpool. I have their group attack powers at five covers. When Panther strikes, he takes away 3,500+ from each enemy. Deadpool drops a whale and even at level 124 he is taking about 3,000 from each as well.

How do you "work on leveling" those characters up? Are you buying covers to be able to level them up or just focusing on the fights where you have the opportunity to win those specific covers?

Are you in a big alliance?

Why aren't you with us??

I'm in an ok one, probably average. I tried joining at the beginning, it was full, didn't really bother again.

Finish all the missions then replay them as much as possible after the points reload. I try to time the mission/tournament ends when I have more time to play right before they end. You're more likely to finish with a higher rank in the tourney.

How do you "work on leveling" those characters up? Are you buying covers to be able to level them up or just focusing on the fights where you have the opportunity to win those specific covers?

Just play a lot and the covers will come. Once you get to a level that you can place in the versus tournaments you can start to get all the three star covers you need. Actually crystals are the main thing keeping me from leveling up characters, not covers. I wish there was a way to gift covers to team-mates. I get tons of three star covers I can't use.

Just play a lot and the covers will come. Once you get to a level that you can place in the versus tournaments you can start to get all the three star covers you need. Actually crystals are the main thing keeping me from leveling up characters, not covers. I wish there was a way to gift covers to team-mates. I get tons of three star covers I can't use.

I have said the same...

I just received two character tokens and received back to back Storm ***. I set her powers as:

Green x 3

Yellow x 5

Black x 5

So what did I get? A yellow and a black cover. Someone else could have used that. Instead I sold them for 1000 Crystals.

I could not complete the Squirrel Girl mission as I do not have a single cover for her.

The best thing is that you are basically getting 4000 ISO, 1 guaranteed free cover along with two tokens, each good for a two star or better cover.

I collected 100 of the basic tokens and here are the results:

And yes, it was tempting to use them as I went along...

Three Star Covers = 4

Gamora - Green

Mystique – Purple x2

Squirrel Girl - Purple

Two Star Covers = 14

Ares - Red

Black Widow – Blue x2

Black Widow – Purple

Bullseye - Black

Human Torch – Green

Human Torch - Black

Magneto – Blue x2