• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your first DC/Marvel Key.

62 posts in this topic

Marvel: Incredible Hulk #181.

DC: Batman #232

Holy smokes! Those were mine too! :o

(Although, the DC could have been HOS#92. Not sure if I bought that before or after the Bats).

Edit: Also, I'm not counting my younger days when I picked up early McFarlane Spidey back issues. If I count that, then I guess ASM300 would be the first legit Marvel key (bought for $4).

I remember my first big purchase though.I bought the AF 15 I still currently have(5.0ish)grade in 1982-83 for 500.00.I saved for that sheit a long time,but I couldn't stop smiling for a month.Heck I'm even happier now that I still after all these years never sold it. :cloud9:

:golfclap: that book will pay for a new hip! ;)

Wolverine Limited #1 which I won in a silent auction at the Cinderella City comic shop in Denver for a senses-shattering $5. It nearly broke my bank account, being 11 or 12 years old at the time.

I remember my first big purchase though.I bought the AF 15 I still currently have(5.0ish)grade in 1982-83 for 500.00.I saved for that sheit a long time,but I couldn't stop smiling for a month.Heck I'm even happier now that I still after all these years never sold it. :cloud9:

Everybody's a joker. :eyeroll:

Marvel: Incredible Hulk #181.

DC: Batman #232

Holy smokes! Those were mine too! :o

(Although, the DC could have been HOS#92. Not sure if I bought that before or after the Bats).

Edit: Also, I'm not counting my younger days when I picked up early McFarlane Spidey back issues. If I count that, then I guess ASM300 would be the first legit Marvel key (bought for $4).

That's funny! I just happened to come across those and a Tomb of Dracula #10.

the 1st i can remember is a con in my HS gym and i picked up x-men 12, iron fist 14 and hulk 181 for about 300 (mid 90's)....though my x-men 14 may predate these, i don't remember just at that time i was HEAVY into all things x-men

the iron fist got a 7.5, and hulk got a 3.0, never got the x-men graded

OH COME ON!…. :baiting:

I'm probably not that far behind you. I certainly wasn't born in the 80's or 90's like some of these whippersnappers! And who says kids aren't in to comics (shrug)

Hulk #181- Purchased at a LCS in 1989. I still have it; Submitted it and got Universal 6.0 OWW, so I sent it to joey and he turned it into a Universal 7.0 OWW :applause:

t8w2SPd.jpg

Beautiful wrap on a very nice looking 7.0! :golfclap:

OH COME ON!…. :baiting:

I'm probably not that far behind you. I certainly wasn't born in the 80's or 90's like some of these whippersnappers! And who says kids aren't in to comics (shrug)

:preach: Your sig. line is looking good too! Too bad you can't quite get it like mine. :baiting:

:boo: