• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st Wolverine art @ $140K with 22 days to go!!

519 posts in this topic

:applause:

Rip, I think that's game, set and match yet again. While RMA keeps saying this is all opinion and there is no knowable fact, intelligent, rational people can weigh the evidence and decide what is plausible/probable/virtually certain and what is just cockamamie, delusional speculative nonsense of the highest order. Kind of like that utterly ludicrous book that a fellow Boardie had me read about how Jack the Ripper was a Irish revolutionary assassin - another case of where I can't 100% prove it wasn't the case, but where I'm 100% sure nonetheless. ;)

(snip)

Agree to disagree. Not going to have this discussion anymore, because you and others can't do it without making it personal. Nothing I say will mean anything, because you are only interested in confirming your opinion, not searching for the truth. And you can say the same about me, so why waste our time?

:foryou:

In the future I would recommend a complete re-haul of your debate style. You need to bring more facts to a debate and cool it on the various logical fallacies. :gossip:

And remember its OK to admit you're original premise was wrong.

Edited by Rip

Rip, I think that's game, set and match yet again. While RMA keeps saying this is all opinion and there is no knowable fact, intelligent, rational people can weigh the evidence and decide what is plausible/probable/virtually certain and what is just cockamamie, delusional speculative nonsense of the highest order. Kind of like that utterly ludicrous book that a fellow Boardie had me read about how Jack the Ripper was a Irish revolutionary assassin - another case of where I can't 100% prove it wasn't the case, but where I'm 100% sure nonetheless. ;)

As usual, none of this is even close to anything I have said, and is, in fact, completely contrary to it.

Let me spell it out for you once more: the conclusion is what is opinion, not the facts supporting the conclusion.

Delekkerste, honest question: have you ever had a disagreement with someone where you did not resort to devices like argumentum ad populum, extreme hyperbole, and the like? You do know that these are fallacious arguments, do you not?

hm

Shadroch said this to JC, and it applies perfectly to you as well:

Frequently mistaken, but never in doubt.

RMA's goalpost.

AP151330610562.jpg

(snip)

Agree to disagree. Not going to have this discussion anymore, because you and others can't do it without making it personal. Nothing I say will mean anything, because you are only interested in confirming your opinion, not searching for the truth. And you can say the same about me, so why waste our time?

:foryou:

In the future I would recommend a complete re-haul of your debate style. You need to bring more facts to a debate and cool it on the various logical fallacies. :gossip:

And remember its OK to admit your original premise was wrong.

Thank you for your recommendation, but at this time, I think I'll be sticking to what works for me. I disagree with your analysis, and simply say again: if you're only interested in confirming your own opinion, no debate style has any meaning.

As for "bringing more facts to the debate"...no one brought more facts to that debate than I did. How can the person who brings the most facts need to "bring more facts"....?

hm

I'm too late now, having read Claremonts thoughts on Wolverine. But I was thinking along those lines earlier today. Wolverine to Marvel was a key player in an ensemble. He worked well with the other XMen, and XMen was the most successful title in the 80s. S I can see how Marvel wouldn't feel the need to break him out of it in his own adventures, out of continuity.

Of course they did that for Spidey and the Thing, so the precedent was there. So maybe Claremont managed to overrule any money grabbing ideas Marvel had for a Wolverine series. After all, Marvel was doing very well back then so squeezing a few more bucks didn't seem of paramount importance.... S they never finagled with the ongoing XMen franchise.

RMA's goalpost.

thanks-for-the-huge-picture_o_1517721.jpg

:lol:

-slym (should really blow that up for maximum comedic effect) hm

Delekkerste, honest question: have you ever had a disagreement with someone where you did not resort to devices like argumentum ad populum, extreme hyperbole, and the like? You do know that these are fallacious arguments, do you not?

Your lack of self-awareness is truly astounding - it's like you're describing yourself and your debating style and don't even realize it. Nearly 12 years on the Boards here and never have I met a more delusional personality. :screwy:

Your lack of self-awareness is truly astounding - it's like you're describing yourself and your debating style and don't even realize it. Nearly 12 years on the Boards here and never have I met a more delusional personality. :screwy:

8ezem.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

:popcorn:
Mmmmm....fresh popped.

:popcorn:

Speaking of popcorn....I love popcorn, but I can't eat the stuff at the theatre anymore. It's a chemical nightmare. That goes for microwave popcorn, too.

:(

Better to have organic corn popped in organic oil at home.

:cloud9:

Still, it's hard to get quite the right flavor.

It still amazes me that everyone involved these days can't get together and put out a film that chronicles the events of Hulk 180-181.

Would Wolvie have to be in his cute yellow uniform?

It still amazes me that everyone involved these days can't get together and put out a film that chronicles the events of Hulk 180-181.

Would Wolvie have to be in his cute yellow uniform?

Better question:

Would people consider Wolverine's first entering the plot of the movie to be in the first, second or third act?

It would have to be a cameo in the end-credits of part 1, so really, people would think Wolverine is the star of pt 1 but they have to come baclk for pt 2 to see him fully, therefore making the second film more popular and "worth more" to Hollywood.

(:

-slym