• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Contests

7 posts in this topic

So I'm really enjoying the one we are having now. I'm still alive but maybe for only about 3.5 more hours. Thanks to Christian for running it and everyone who donated to the awesome prize list :applause:

Regardless, what is stopping us from having these more often? Initiallly I though monthly, but that would lose the appeal of the tourney, but maybe every 3 months or so, at least twice a year? Any rules stopping this or whats the status with that from a "regulatory" perspective? I'd be more that willing to organize one in a few months (assuming thats ok with everyone and there isn't one already in the works?)

Maybe one to celebrate the start of the NFL season? That would put these about 6 months apart...

Comments? concerns?

Wouldn't that take the specialness of it away? You know too much of a good thing and all?

Well thats why my original thought of having it monthly was :insane:

You think every 6 months would be too often??? I think that would be alright...

Wouldn't that take the specialness of it away? You know too much of a good thing and all?

I think we already have one every 6 months? I could be wrong though. hm

If that is the case, my apologies for wasting everyones time.

I think the March Madness tournament should be followed up with a Fall Classic. Twice a year would be great in my opinion. I'm not able to organize one myself but the whole thought of participating in another tournament would be awesome.

Kudos to Christian for doing a wonderful job on the March Madness tournament. My only regret is that it is elimination style and one lousy round by me or one super round by my opponent and I'm on the sidelines. Wish there was a way to keep everyone in the tournament similar to the contests that I think Nik used to run?

Was there one last fall? The March Madness seems to be a given every year. Since Nik passed, I think the fall one is iffy.