• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cincinnati Comic Expo - September 19 - 21, 2014 (5th anniversary show)

31 posts in this topic

bump for beer

I need someone to get me some of them Beer Agent cans (preferably a full six pack!) Send me a PM if this is something you can do. I'll cover costs and offer to get some exclusives from NYCC at cost for you.

tumblr_n9yjpgVCRO1r3wfa4o1_500.jpg

bump for beer

I need someone to get me some of them Beer Agent cans (preferably a full six pack!) Send me a PM if this is something you can do. I'll cover costs and offer to get some exclusives from NYCC at cost for you.

tumblr_n9yjpgVCRO1r3wfa4o1_500.jpg

They are really sweet looking. I tried to buy one at Cincy Comic Con but you couldn't take a full can out of the room, they had to open it and pour it for you there. Seeing as how I wasn't ready to drink a beer at 11:00 am, I passed. Maybe the Expo won't be as weird about it.

had a great time at the Comic Expo this year, this was my 5th year straight setting up at the con, and this was my best year ever in terms of sales, expected to do as well as I did last year, but surprisingly ended up doing a fair bit better.

attendance was very good (especially on Sat.) which was great considering this weekend in Cincy was also the October Fest downtown and a home game for the Bengals (3-0 whoo hoo) on Sunday.

Friday set up day, crowd was sparse but decent. did about $250 or so. not bad for only being open to VIPs from 3-7pm.

Saturday was crowded and busy, isles were crowded and was hard to maneuver though.

I did not expect much on Sunday, but, was surprised by the amount of people and sales on the last day.

met alot of new collectors/dealers and caught up with alot of old Friends/boardies, etc.

here's a quick list of a few items I sold:

Incred. Hulk #340 $50

Incred. Hulk #180 $120

2 copies of 1st print Killing Joke $40 each.

Dark Knight Returns issues 1, 2 & 3. $20 each.

Batman: Mad Love (fine plus condition) $35

New Mutants #87 (2nd print) $5 oh yeah!

Green Arrow Long bow hunters TPB $25

Shazam #28, Teen Titans #2 $110 for the pair. (both were mid-grade copies)

Popeye #1 (Action Comics #1 homage cover) $15! oh yeah!

plus alot of TPBs, death in the family, death of Superman, Dark Knight returns, Daredevil-Born Again, among many others,

I had just a few Green Arrow comics and TPBs, but I sold all of them, wish I had the foresight to bring more, but Green Arrow was moving. lol

sold a few toys I had, Superman Kingdom Come figure, batmobile, bat-signal, etc.

only sold a few Harley Quinn items, expected to sell alot more of her, but oh well.

as for what I bought, I bought a 7.5/8.0 copy of Batman #232 from Leroy Harper, and he gave me a GREAT price, he had two copies of the book and sold both, I got the better copy,

also bought a page of original art by Doug Manhke from Jon Jesper, Batman/Robin annual #2. love it!

plus Henry Winkler, Lou Ferrigno, and Julie Newmar.

Andrew puts on a great show and it gets bigger every year.

see everyone again next year :grin: