• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calgary Comic And Entertainment Expo, April 16-19, 2015

287 posts in this topic

He missed them this year, but he is keeping it quiet. I asked who the dealer was and he said he would not share since the guy said there were more where these books came from.

I think I know who that BC vendor is keeping things quiet for now.

If you see a batch of AF 15 or ASM #1 at Calgary expo and they look too good to be true then they are FAKES:

XnqN2il.jpg

Back covers to ASM #1:

SfMovkF.jpg

Heard that there were 6 Hulk #181's at Calgary expo. 4 at the Citadel Comics/Clobberin' Time booths alone. That is more than I saw at Emerald City Comic-con, Seattle, WA with attendance over 85k people. Think there was only 1 copy of Hulk #181 available at Vancouver Fan expo and it was sitting flat on a back table for security, not hanging on a wall, as the Vancouver vendors are more layed back and may not even bring or make a comic wall rack.

Sounds like Calgary expo will set another attendance record well on it's way to 100k fans, cosplayers and collectors for this 3.5 day show.

Glad that Bernjak came out of retirement from Winnipeg, MB to sell at Calgary expo next to Comic Finders booth. He may have had the most unusual PROP (shrug) comics there: stack of ASM 1 and AF 15 with blank :o inside pages for sale.

I can confirm on Hulk 181 books. I had seen all 6 up on display ... have not seen that many. Another key l had seen most often is ASM 300 - l see it in almost every booth. One booth has 5!

Yup, there will be a new record in attendance ... Over 100 K for sure. I got the inside word from someone. Exact number not known yet with tomorrow still to come.

Great, great con! The people got the job bang on! :sumo::applause:

With the exception of the booths run by our boardies, prices were outrageous. Selection was generally limited to the usual SA/BA keys and Harley Quinn & Deadpool moderns.

The highlight for me was definitely the wings and beer at the pub with the guys!

Well, it pays to ask questions. :whee:

Will be bringing a new collection to market tomorrow morning. :headbang:

Well, don't keep us in suspense! :baiting: What you got in the new collection there? And will you give us boardies first dibs here? :devil:

I got back home ... my head still abuzz from all the sights I saw inside the building. You know I had seen 4 different versions of Groot? One was like the "mini-me" version (he's a boy)!

Coming out from Calgary Herald and Calgary Expo - :news: A new record in attendance! For total of 4 days - 102,000 fans went to the Calgary Expo. That is 5,000 more from last year's record.

dear joeypost,

There is a 2.5(?) day Edmonton expo run by the fine folks of the Calgary expo usually in Sept/15. You may be able to see Connor McDavid play with the Edmonton Oilers: history in the making?

Also heard that all the faux copies of AF #15 and ASM #1 were sold out at Calgary expo.

Congratulations to the Edmonton Oilers for winning this years draft lottery.

Thank you. Hopefully he brings more championships to the Oilers than the combined total of the Sedins in Vancouver, but if MacT is still at the helm as GM with the team that is highly unlikely....... :tonofbricks:

Heard that there were 6 Hulk #181's at Calgary expo. 4 at the Citadel Comics/Clobberin' Time booths alone. That is more than I saw at Emerald City Comic-con, Seattle, WA with attendance over 85k people. Think there was only 1 copy of Hulk #181 available at Vancouver Fan expo and it was sitting flat on a back table for security, not hanging on a wall, as the Vancouver vendors are more layed back and may not even bring or make a comic wall rack.

Sounds like Calgary expo will set another attendance record well on it's way to 100k fans, cosplayers and collectors for this 3.5 day show.

Glad that Bernjak came out of retirement from Winnipeg, MB to sell at Calgary expo next to Comic Finders booth. He may have had the most unusual PROP (shrug) comics there: stack of ASM 1 and AF 15 with blank :o inside pages for sale.

We had 6 Hulk 181s at our booth. Sold 3 or 4.