• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calgary Comic And Entertainment Expo, April 16-19, 2015

287 posts in this topic

Tired from all day wandering around. Met greggy there. Lots of great books - many got sold. Tomorrow will be good to try meet more of you guys. :devil:

You should have said hi, today. :hi: maybe on Friday? :wishluck:

Yep, Will try find you somewhere. Can't find your booth by number yesterday. PM you my number.

A good friend of mine in Vancouver asked me to look for one game - Nintendo DS type. It's called "Civilization" what he told me. I understand that it's supposed to be a rare game.

Do any of you guys know where to get one? I'm kind of trying help him out with it.

Here is a photo at the show. I had no idea they are valued that much :o

Gregs%20photos%20190_zpsifpsop44.jpg

For $300 each, I hope those are 'rare' sealed Nintendo games else more expensive with original factory sealed box.

fanboy,

Thanks for posting those Calgary expo pics. Deep stock of Marvel back issues already looks better than Vancouver Fan Expo. Heck, even http://ifconvictoria.com 2 day Oct/15 con has a solid media guest list.

Never too early!

Less than a year to go! :whee:

Also, we no longer overlap with C2E2! Which means both cons might get a hell of a lot more creators and guests :gossip:

Nice boardie dinner tonight at the Hose and Hound. I'm trying to upload a pic, but it doesn't appear to be working. (shrug)

It was great seeing Mister Magik Woo today, as well as many other guys that I'm happy to call my friends. Myself, 500club (Brian), Ryan (kimik),

thehumantorch (Dave), YKOil (Jaysen), artboy99 (Karl), FantasticThor (Thor), Piper (John), greggy (Greg), joeypost (Joe), skinnywhiteboy (Josh) and my friend (Dave) enjoyed a great night out. Fun friends = fun times. :headbang: thanks so much for the fun night, guys. :whee:

Also nice to meet Fan Boy, as well. (thumbs u

I'm beat. Day of driving and setup and 2 days selling. Nice to go out for beer and food with a great group of guys and nice to meet Josh and Joey for the first time. Thanks for picking the pub Thor, casual with good food and room to sit. I was cheering Vancouver every time they scored.

Decent selection of books for sale. Bit of resistance to our prices that now reflect the exchange rate and I think buyers are a bit less keen to spend thanks to the drop in the price of a barrel of oil but we're doing pretty good.

Bummer that Stan Lee cancelled at the last minute but at least they replaced him with Neil Patrick Harris :tonofbricks:

Tomorrow will be packed navel to butt cheek......

Allan, nice to see Magic but sorry you didn't make it.

I have to tell you I was blown away by everything associated with this show.

Great people everywhere. I have had more people apologize for bumping into me or getting in the way this weekend than i have in the last 10 years in the States. You can tell they really enjoy themselves in the great white north. Watched hockey at every meal and it has been so much fun talking about the game with the board members that have offered to break bread with Greggy and I.

Board members have been great. Accommodating and professional in every sense. Add in lots of great books and I will be back.

I have to tell you I was blown away by everything associated with this show.

Great people everywhere.

Board members have been great. Accommodating and professional in every sense. Add in lots of great books and I will be back.

I am still amazed at how strong the organization and promoters are at Calgary expo. Their queue of back up media guests to draw upon (Neil Patrick Harris appeared Friday only) is better than Fan Expo Vancouver's primary guests.

Would say main drawback of the Vancouver Fan Expo is lack of communication between the Eastern promoters and Vancouver/Victoria vendors trying to reserve a booth OVER 2 months ahead of time. Sorry to hear about lack of communication between doh! Vancouver Fan Expo and their top comic guest Mike Zeck.

Outside chance I may be at Calgary Red and White Con in Sept/15 as my buddy Nick already prepaid for 2 dealer's tables in the same location. (thumbs u

Heard that there were 6 Hulk #181's at Calgary expo. 4 at the Citadel Comics/Clobberin' Time booths alone. That is more than I saw at Emerald City Comic-con, Seattle, WA with attendance over 85k people. Think there was only 1 copy of Hulk #181 available at Vancouver Fan expo and it was sitting flat on a back table for security, not hanging on a wall, as the Vancouver vendors are more layed back and may not even bring or make a comic wall rack.

Sounds like Calgary expo will set another attendance record well on it's way to 100k fans, cosplayers and collectors for this 3.5 day show.

Glad that Bernjak came out of retirement from Winnipeg, MB to sell at Calgary expo next to Comic Finders booth. He may have had the most unusual PROP (shrug) comics there: stack of ASM 1 and AF 15 with blank :o inside pages for sale.

Humantorch said something about there being another seller with Canadian Whites like the ones he picked up last year at the show. Did anyone else see them?

He mentioned something called Better Comics 1 in vf

Humantorch said something about there being another seller with Canadian Whites like the ones he picked up last year at the show. Did anyone else see them?

I heard whispers but haven't seen them yet.

That bugger is so damned lucky, it's unbelievable. :frustrated:

Gonna go see if I can triple his money for them. :busy: