• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

Speaking of which.

Danny Cannon On Creating The "Romantic, Gothic, Dickensian" World Of GOTHAM

"It was daunting at first, because you're following three masterpieces. So I settled with the fact that -- what we talked about when we first pitched this was, "20 years before Batman." A world that's starting to see a corrupt city rotting from the inside. It reminded us of New York in the late '70s and early '80s. That was our first meeting, and we kind of spring-boarded off of that. Luckily, that's uncharted territory. Hopefully in the atmospherics of Gotham we created a romantic, gothic, Dickensian kind of world."

This looks dumb as hell. I don't understand why they do like this instead of a regular superhero show like Arrow or Flash.

Peace,

Chip

+1

That selina kyle really bugs the hell outta me

They forgot to add 'Marvel's Gotham' as the title. Then it would rock, right?

(:

hm

This looks dumb as hell. I don't understand why they do like this instead of a regular superhero show like Arrow or Flash.

Peace,

Chip

+1

That selina kyle really bugs the hell outta me

They forgot to add 'Marvel's Gotham' as the title. Then it would rock, right?

(:

hm

lol

‘Gotham’ premieres Monday, September 22nd on FOX

On Monday, Sept. 22, origin story GOTHAM (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) kicks off. The series follows one cop, destined for greatness, as he navigates a dangerously corrupt city teetering between good and evil, and chronicles the rise of the great DC Comics Super-Villains and vigilantes. The entirely new, untold chapter comes from executive producer/writer Bruno Heller (“The Mentalist,” “Rome”) and stars Ben McKenzie (“Southland,” “The O.C.”), Donal Logue (“Vikings,” “Sons of Anarchy”) and Jada Pinkett Smith (“Hawthorne,” “Collateral”).

More Shots Of Our (Possible) Future 'Joker'

So this chap is doing his stand-up routine at Fish Mooney's club, and she seems to like what she hears, while Cobblepot feigns amusement. He's very happy with himself until Fish "has to deal with a little business in the club." I'm sure you can all guess what that business might be. There's no real indication that this guy will actually become The Joker of course, but we do know the character is expected to show up at some stage, and, in Alan Moore's the Killing Joke he was given a back-story as a failed comedian who must turn to crime to make ends meet.

If this turns out to be true, it will be interesting to see where they go with it. I never pictured the 'Fresh Beat' kid in this role.

Canada's CTV has a full trailer with new scenes. To me, this looks like it has potential versus just a rehash of old content.

it has a lot of potential for the fact that it can give us how the effect of the Wayne's wave through the city and Bruce.

Apparently A Potential 'Joker' Will Be Teased In Every Episode

-----------------------------------

We all speculated that the comedian seen doing his routine in Fish Mooney's club in the pilot of Gotham could well become the Joker further down the line, but it seems Jon Beavers is just one of many actors who'll be featured as a potential clown prince of crime in each of the following episodes. Bleeding Cool have heard that "every episode in the first season will introduce a character that might be a future Joker, each emphasising aspects of the character’s iconography, a card sharp, a flower seller, a clown, or just a guy with a very big grin."

-----------------------------------

Those tricky studio people.