• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

i think Gotham is going to be one of those shows that is going to need a couple episodes to find it's footing.

+ 1

I'll be watching to see where the Gotham ride goes.

Why did Pison Ivy become Ivy Pepper? Thats a stupid name first off, and nothing was wrong with Pamela Lillian Isley. Also anyone have an issue with the age discrepancy? I always thought Catwoman, Ivy and Batman/Bruce Wayne were the same age. The preview picks shown Wayne and Ivy as like 12-13 year olds, while Catwoman looks older, like 17 maybe 18.

I get mhy Jim Gordon is there, thats how it deviates from the comics so thats fine and all, just dont like the name change and I'm confused with the age difference...

Why did Pison Ivy become Ivy Pepper? Thats a stupid name first off, and nothing was wrong with Pamela Lillian Isley. Also anyone have an issue with the age discrepancy? I always thought Catwoman, Ivy and Batman/Bruce Wayne were the same age. The preview picks shown Wayne and Ivy as like 12-13 year olds, while Catwoman looks older, like 17 maybe 18.

I get mhy Jim Gordon is there, thats how it deviates from the comics so thats fine and all, just dont like the name change and I'm confused with the age difference...

The actress playing Selina is supposed to be the same age as the other child characters. She just looks older in some shots.

David Zayas is Salvatore Maroni in ‘Gotham’

---------------------------

David Zayas has been cast as Salvatore Maroni in Gotham. Zayas is best known for his role as Angel Batista in Dexter.

In Gotham, mob boss Salvatore Maroni is one of the city’s most dangerous gangsters. As he strives to gain more territory in Gotham, he’ll find himself on a crash course with his rival Carmine Falcone for control of the city.

I liked him in Dexter. He was one of the more balanced characters for the longest part of the show. I just can't see him as a mob boss. But I guess we will see how this turns out.

David Zayas is Salvatore Maroni in ‘Gotham’

David Zayas has been cast as Salvatore Maroni in Gotham. Zayas is best known for his role as Angel Batista in Dexter.

In Gotham, mob boss Salvatore Maroni is one of the city’s most dangerous gangsters. As he strives to gain more territory in Gotham, he’ll find himself on a crash course with his rival Carmine Falcone for control of the city.

I liked him in Dexter. He was one of the more balanced characters for the longest part of the show. I just can't see him as a mob boss. But I guess we will see how this turns out.

He played a pretty good dictator in Expendables a few years back.

He can pull it off ;)

In a time — heck, on the same network — that we have a show like Sleepy Hollow, which takes genre conventions and goes as far over the top with them as it can while relying on the chemistry and skill of the lead actors to sell these bizarre ideas, Gotham needs to pick a side and figure out how to do what it’s doing in a way that makes sense, if only by its own logic. And maybe get a better -script. Right now, the show has done neither.

Ouch!

But it seems to be consistent with a few other reviews. I'll still watch it and give it a try like I did with Agent of SHIELD. At least for a few episodes to see if the directing team shakes out the bugs.

Something makes me feel like this is going to be better after a while.

That's too bad. I'll watch it though - don't lose hope: Agents of Shield managed to do a complete 180 and went from painfully unwatchable to must-see.