• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

GOTHAM: Plenty Of New Footage In BTS Featurettes

---------------------

Fox's Batman prequel series will be with us in just two weeks, and in anticipation of the première, TV Guide have released four new behind-the-scenes featurettes which contain quite a bit of new footage of the various heroes and villains of Gotham City.

---------------------

GOTHAM Voted "Most Promising New Show" By TCA; Plus New Banner

---------------------

In their second annual poll, the Television Critics Association have selected Fox's Gotham as the most promising series of the upcoming season, followed by The CW's Jane the Virgin and Showtime's drama The Affair. The upcoming DC Comics based show also topped the drama category, with The Affair landing in second place edging out How to Get Away With Murder.

---------------------

10hij4Ml.png

GOTHAM S1, E02 Synopsis And Cast List Revealed; Episode Will Be Called "Selina Kyle"

------------------------

GORDON AND BULLOCK INVESTIGATE A CHILD TRAFFICKING RING ON AN ALL-NEW "GOTHAM" MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, ON FOX

Detectives Gordon and Bullock investigate a child trafficking ring preying on Gotham's street kids, including Selina Kyle (Camren Bicondova). Meanwhile, Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor) resurfaces in the countryside and begins to make his way back to GOTHAM, leaving victims in his wake in the all-new "Selina Kyle" episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Sept. 29 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

------------------------

Looks like Gotham's set is even a dangerous place to be.

Ben McKenzie Suffers Nasty Head Injury On The Set Of BATMAN Prequel GOTHAM

-----------------

"Fight sequence gone awry," McKenzie captioned one of the photos below before adding "Don't ram your head into concrete pillars, kids. #gotham" and "Holy concrete wall, Batman!"

-----------------

:eek:

Christopher Nolan’s Batman reboot helped make ‘Gotham’ possible

-------------------

Batman News: Shows like “Arrow” and “Smallville” have proven that mainstream superhero shows can be successful ventures. How have those shows had an impact on the production and development of “Gotham?” Would a show like “Gotham” even be possible say ten or fifteen years ago?

Bruno Heller: Oh, that’s a good deep question. Yes, I would say. Both the shows you mentioned are Warner Bros. shows, and the DC Universe is now very much a part of Warner Bros. culture. I’ve been talking with DC for many years before we got to this point and landed on “Gotham”. I think you’re probably right, ten years ago it wouldn’t be possible and I think that’s a combination of the brilliance of what the Nolans did to revivify the Batman franchise and also the shows you mentioned. […] I would say that the difference between those shows and this is that those were cable shows and this is network, and there are slightly different demands there. The analogy would be those are arena shows and this has to be a stadium show and we have to appeal to an even larger audience. So it has to appeal to both people who love Batman and love Gotham and love that world, and also people who have no particular love for the world and you just have to grab on the strength of the story and the characters.

-------------------

I'm usually skeptical about network television, but I've got to admit this looks really promising. It certainly has a cinematic look to it.

Ditto.

Creators for network fare may be slowly waking up to the fact of an afterlife on Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and the like. There's such a competition for quality series now. So even if a network botches things with bad time-slots and poor support, it's not necessarily "the end".

I'm usually skeptical about network television, but I've got to admit this looks really promising. It certainly has a cinematic look to it.

Yes, from the previews, the production value does seem quite high. Will be interesting to see if that is actually true, and also if it will be maintained.

‘Gotham’ review: you’ve never seen a city quite like this

----------------------

Gotham will offer unique Batman stories that fans have never seen before. Have you been hoping to see a live-action version of Hugo Strange? He’ll be on Gotham. The show will introduce well known characters from the comics that haven’t been on screen before. It will also re-imagine some fan favorites like Mr. Freeze and Harvey Dent. It’ll have the characters Batman fans want to see, and exciting, suspenseful storylines to bring in casual TV fans. I loved the first episode of Gotham and encourage you all to check it out when it premieres on Monday, September 22nd.

----------------------

I'll be there!

One of the favorites from the Batman Copper Age.

GOTHAM Showrunner Talks Future Villains; Teases Possible 'Killer Croc' Appearance

--------------------

Regardless, we're going to see a lot of different characters, and it sounds like one of the most unique might be about to make his live-action debut somewhere down the line! "There are certainly characters that would be very difficult to put on the screen. That crocodile guy [Killer Croc] is a tough one - although we may go there..."

--------------------

:o