• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I thought there were hints at two characters possibly becoming Harley.  The first was Barbara Kean lying "dead" on the floor.  The second was Lee Thompkins stepping onto the train at the end wearing a red and blue scarf that looked like colors worn by Harley.

55 minutes ago, apollobuzz said:

Hide contents

I thought there were hints at two characters possibly becoming Harley.  The first was Barbara Kean lying "dead" on the floor.  The second was Lee Thompkins stepping onto the train at the end wearing a red and blue scarf that looked like colors worn by Harley.

Spoiler

Sounds like someone may have picked up on the real hints.

^^

Gotham: Drew Powell On Finding Out Butch's Secret Identity

15vAxgl.jpg

During a recent appearance at Heroes & Villains Fan Fest in Nashville, Gotham actor Drew Powell joined ComicBook.com to talk about the shocking revelation, made at the end of the season finale last month, that his character was in fact a proto-version of the DC villain Solomon Grundy.

Did Powell know all along, or was the Cyrus Gold revelation new information?

“I think the producers wisely tell us actors very little, so if they had planned it for a long time, I certainly didn’t know about it,” Powell told ComicBook.com. “It’s very exciting, and look — the truth is, I don’t know very much about what’s coming next, and that’s the thing about Gotham: it keeps you guessing, so you’ve got to stay tuned to see. That was a cool reveal, and I was surprised by how many people knew who Cyrus Gold was. I mean, I knew - but it’s kind of been my business for the last three years. I was amazed on social media that people were freaking out right away. I would get the texts, about three-quarters of the way through the show, that ‘Oh no, you’re dead,’ and then like ten minutes after that, ‘wait, what?’ I got a lot of those over the course of the finale night.”

Gotham Season 4 Draws from Long Halloween & Batman: Year One Comics

Gotham-TV-Show-Cast.jpg?auto=format&cs=t

The new season of Gotham will draw from two of the most definitive Batman tales from the comics.

CBR was on hand at Gotham‘s SDCC panel where it was revealed that the first half of the new season will be loosely based upon Batman: The Long Halloween. Meanwhile, the second half will take cues from Batman: Year One. While the arcs won’t be recreated verbatim, fans of the two stories will get to enjoy a number of plot elements from the books.

The Long Halloween was created by writer Jeph Loeb (the current head of Marvel TV) and artist Tim Sale. In it, Batman is confronted with Holiday, a serial killer who uses his namesake to kill someone once a month. The story takes place during Bruce’s early years as the Dark Knight, so it’s a fitting story to bring to Gotham. It also includes a variety of rogues, including Mad Hatter, Poison Ivy, Solomon Grundy, Scarecrow, Catwoman, the Penguin, and the Joker. Considering all of those characters exist in some form on the show — assuming Jerome is Joker — a fairly faithful version of the story could make it to the screen.

Year One, meanwhile, was crafted by Frank Miller and artist David Mazzucchelli. The 1987 story serves as the inverse of The Dark Knight Returns, with Miller retelling the first year of Bruce’s journey as Batman. Also inspiring an animated film and parts of Batman Begins, Year One is the perfect story for the writers of Gotham to look to. Not only does it flesh out Batman’s early years, but it reaffirms what the character is all about.

DC TV Watch: GOTHAM Solomon Grundy Origin Story

Solomon Grundy's origins revealed - Gotham wasn't ready to say goodbye to Butch Gilzean (Drew Powell) in the finale last spring, and instead the DC Comics series surprised viewers by revealing his real name while he lay in a coma in the hospital: Cyrus Gold, aka iconic zombie super-villain Solomon Grundy. And while he won't be seen in the season four premiere, executive producer John Stephens told EW that Butch's transformation into Solomon Grundy will happen quickly. 

"He's been in a vegetative state at Gotham General and so in order to clear up space for more beds, the administrators at the hospital have him dumped in Slaughter Swamp, as one does in Gotham," Stephens said. "So he emerges reborn out of Slaughter Swamp as the character we know as Solomon Grundy [with no memory] ... We begin the story of a very unlikely friendship between these two [Solomon and Ed Nygma, played by Cory Michael Smith] who are sworn enemies but now, all of a sudden in season four, are best friends as they move through Gotham."

REJOICE!

'Gotham' EP Confirms Fish Mooney Is Gone For Good

Things seemed final for Fish when Jim Gordon accidentally shoved a sword through her stomach in the Season Three finale. However, since Fish had a long history of coming back from the dead, fans continued to believe they might see her again.

During an exclusive interview with ComicBook.com, Gotham EP John Stephen shut down those notions very quickly.

"I'm afraid that's it," Stephens told us of Fish's death. "Now, that one was it. At a certain point, you gotta say 'Definitely.' People die at a certain point, and that's the second or third time they die [on Gotham]."