• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP Al Feldstein

51 posts in this topic

"...he was a wildlife and landscape painter in Montana, outside Livingston."

Oh, man. I really wished I'd known that - I'm two+ hours from Livingston.

I just read an article about him authored by a friend. I was amazed by what he'd done in his life. All I knew about his previously was that he did weird covers for EC and then Mad Magazine. He did a heck of a lot more then that. RIP :sorry:

RIP Mr. Feldstein... :(

I had the opportunity to chat with him briefly at a con (I can't remember if it was SDCC) several years ago, and feel lucky that I had a chance to meet him...he was truly one of the legends...

RIP Mr. Feldstein.

Gentlemen, my apologies for my late addition to this thread. Al Feldstein was an incredibly talented and intelligent man. I was deeply saddened to hear of his passing. I have very fond memories of my interview with Al from when I hosted the Comic Zone. If you'd like to learn more about him, please listen to the interview-

http://comiczoneradio.com/interviews/?q=al_feldstein

Sincerely,

Vincent

Yeah, Ayers and Feldstein. EC's New Trend represented the most consistently high quality comic books ever produced. Amazing art and very creative writing. If I ever get back into comic books I think EC would be a primary focus for me.

RIP Mr. Feldstein.

Gentlemen, my apologies for my late addition to this thread. Al Feldstein was an incredibly talented and intelligent man. I was deeply saddened to hear of his passing. I have very fond memories of my interview with Al from when I hosted the Comic Zone. If you'd like to learn more about him, please listen to the interview-

http://comiczoneradio.com/interviews/?q=al_feldstein

Sincerely,

Vincent

Cool interview Vince. I remember it when it first came out. Great you are keeping these online. Feldstein had a tremendous influence on EC.