• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 300 Test Your Grading Skills Against CGC

42 posts in this topic

I just want to know how so many of you can give copy C a 9.6 when the two top corners show damage and the back cover has color breaks.

(shrug)

My guess:

A - 9.0/9.2

B - 8.5/9.0

C - 9.4

And the Survey Says? I love it when people start these threads then never give you the grades (shrug)

It's not me. Still haven't gotten the books back. The website said they shipped last Wednesday and I expected to have them by now but no such luck. Will post the grades when the books come in.

I just want to know how so many of you can give copy C a 9.6 when the two top corners show damage and the back cover has color breaks.

(shrug)

My guess:

A - 9.0/9.2

B - 8.5/9.0

C - 9.4

Maybe because the bindery tear is allowed all the way up to 9.8 (shrug)

Copy A 9.0

Copy B 8.5

Copy C 9.4

Copy B is tough for me, as I don't know how CGC will treat the rubbed areas on the back. I went with some leniency.

It's very hard to differentiate the 9.X grades with scans this size.

Me too.

Copy A - 9.2 with one dog ear at the top spine corner and slight round corner at the bottom spine. Few tinks on the spine on the BC

Copy B - 9.0 with multiple stress marks on the spine on the spine.

Copy C - 9.4

Copy A = 9.2

Copy B = 9.2

Copy C = 9.6 IMHO!

Not back yet but I couldn't pass this one up. But I feel I am getting better and hope to be back here soon!

Peace!

Tim

And the Survey Says? I love it when people start these threads then never give you the grades (shrug)

It's not me. Still haven't gotten the books back. The website said they shipped last Wednesday and I expected to have them by now but no such luck. Will post the grades when the books come in.

Sure you'll be able to tell which copy was which? ;)

Copy A 9.0

Copy B 8.5

Copy C 9.4

Copy B is tough for me, as I don't know how CGC will treat the rubbed areas on the back. I went with some leniency.

It's very hard to differentiate the 9.X grades with scans this size.

This is exactly what I had.

A - 8.0

B - 8.0

C - 9.0

:foryou:

:facepalm:

(shrug) what's the issue? Everyone gets a guess right? Am I too assume you've seen the inside of each book too?

Also, what's wrong with being conservative?

A - 8.0

B - 8.0

C - 9.0

(shrug) what's the issue? Everyone gets a guess right? Am I too assume you've seen the inside of each book too?

Don't take it personally, no offense intended. It was just a reaction to your guesses, since they are way off. And I submitted the books so yes I have seen the inside of each book.

A - 8.0

B - 8.0

C - 9.0

Don't take it personally, no offense intended. It was just a reaction to your guesses, since they are way off. And I submitted the books so yes I have seen the inside of each book.

Whoops! lol I'm face palming myself right now, I didn't realize that you were the OP! My bad.

In my defense, it's hard to predict how CGC handles that rubbing on the BC. You never know.

That said, I'm sure your books are higher than my guesses, at least I hope they are! No harm meant :foryou:

So books just arrived. Here is what I thought before I sent them in.

Copy A 9.0

Copy B 9.0

Copy C 9.4/9.6

The grades on the website were

9.2, 9.4 and 9.6.

Here is what I think CGC graded them

Copy A 9.4

Copy B 9.2

Copy C 9.6

Now to go open the boxes. :popcorn:

I got all 3 correct !

I'll pat myself on the back, collect my no prize

and walk away quietly.

Not quite. Your A and B are reversed, which I would have expected as well. No one got all 3 right. Not one person thought B was higher than A... except CGC I guess.