• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rare golden age comics titles

51 posts in this topic

hey guys I'm making a key issue booklet with all the comic book eras and I don't know where to start with rare comics from the golden age by title other than the ones I've found if you have any to add please do so!

action comics

adventure comics

batman

Detective comics

marvel comics

flash comics

superman

whiz comics

four color

mickey mouse magazine

all-american comics

captain america

more fun comics

pep comics

archie comics

all-star comics

let me know if I might be missing any other valuable comic book titles from the golden age

recently added

wonder woman

world's finest

green lantern

Suspense Comics

Nedor titles

Rangers Comics,

Triumph Comics with Nelvana,

Little Dot Comics with richie rich

sensation comics

planet comics

phantom lady

Are you looking for titles with key issues, or titles that are rare? Those are two very different things.

clarification is necessary. If you want a list of rare golden ages a list of the books with a Gerber Scarcity Index of 7 or higher (50 or less books) this is a complete list here:

http://members.shaw.ca/dtreble/gerber7project/g7_titleissue.htm

If you want scarce key issues specifically (200 or less), go through Overstreet and take note of anything with the word "scarce" in the description, that is where you should start.

Good luck! :) (thumbs u

Are you looking for titles with key issues, or titles that are rare? Those are two very different things.

sorry I wasn't specific enough I'm looking for titles with key issues that are valuable from the golden age

clarification is necessary. If you want a list of rare golden ages a list of the books with a Gerber Scarcity Index of 7 or higher (50 or less books) this is a complete list here:

http://members.shaw.ca/dtreble/gerber7project/g7_titleissue.htm

If you want scarce key issues specifically (200 or less), go through Overstreet and take note of anything with the word "scarce" in the description, that is where you should start.

Good luck! :) (thumbs u

I'm looking for key issue titles that are valuable and thanks for the website link

Suspense Comics (Continental), Nedor titles, early Rangers Comics, all Canadian whites like Triumph Comics with Nelvana, early Little Dot with Richie Rich. :headbang:

thanks I'll add these to the list!

hey guys I'm making a key issue booklet with all the comic book eras and I don't know where to start with rare comics from the golden age by title other than the ones I've found if you have any to add please do so!

action comics

adventure comics

batman

Detective comics

marvel comics

flash comics

superman

whiz comics

four color

mickey mouse magazine

all-american comics

captain america

more fun comics

pep comics

archie comics

all-star comics

let me know if I might be missing any other valuable comic book titles from the golden age

recently added

wonder woman

world's finest

green lantern

Suspense Comics

Nedor titles

Rangers Comics,

sensation comics

Silver Streak Comics (Lev Gleason Pub.)

Phantom Lady (Fox Pub.)

Cat-Man Comics (Continental Pub.)

USA Comics (Timely Pub.)

All Winners Comics (Timely Pub.)

Mystic Comics (Timely Pub.)

Daring Mystery Comics (Timely Pub.)

Human Torch Comics (Timely Pub.)

...& many more!

you will also need to define the threshold for what you consider valuable. $1,000 dollars or more? $5,000 dollars or more?

you're right what I consider to be valuable is $1000 dollar and up

action comics

adventure comics

batman

Detective comics

marvel comics

flash comics

superman

whiz comics

four color

mickey mouse magazine

all-american comics

captain america

more fun comics

pep comics

archie comics

all-star comics

recently added

wonder woman

world's finest

green lantern

Suspense Comics

Nedor titles

Rangers Comics,

sensation comics

Silver Streak Comics (Lev Gleason Pub.)

Phantom Lady (Fox Pub.)

Cat-Man Comics (Continental Pub.)

USA Comics (Timely Pub.)

All Winners Comics (Timely Pub.)

Mystic Comics (Timely Pub.)

Daring Mystery Comics (Timely Pub.)

Human Torch Comics (Timely Pub.)

...& many more!

thanks I'll add these to the list when I come back from work!

virtually every single GA title has "rare" books worth $1000 or more...might as well list them all (thumbs u

lol I know but it's good to have a list in front of you when writing down key issues

virtually every single GA title has "rare" books worth $1000 or more...might as well list them all (thumbs u

lol I know but it's good to have a list in front of you when writing down key issues

Out of curiosity why are you making a list? As most have suggested that list already exists in a myriad of places in multiple formats? No need to reinvent the wheel (shrug)