• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you ask yourself before committing to a $++ book?

42 posts in this topic

Number one how understanding is the wife on your addiction :)

^^

I have the same issue, so I chose a different path.

A. What time is the FedEx truck delivering it, and sneaking out of work to get the package and hide it from the wife.

B. save enough secret money so wife does not notice it

C. Tell wife "I already had the book, you have a bad memory"

Three rules to collect by.Very Good!

Excellent. THNX

When you're on the fence on if it's the best time to buy a book, what helps you make up your mind?

I talk to Delekkerste. Afterwards, I feel so depressed and anxious that I spend the money on guns, ammo and canned food instead.

Guns, fuel, chickens and :( barbwire ...

When you're on the fence on if it's the best time to buy a book, what helps you make up your mind?

I talk to Delekkerste. Afterwards, I feel so depressed and anxious that I spend the money on guns, ammo and canned food instead.

:roflmao:

You don't so much ask yourself anything - you just ignore your better judgement, your survival instincts, and the consequences, and pull that trigger, ensuring that if everything goes belly up later in a miasma of buyer's remorse, at least you enjoyed that solitary and brief rush of excitement and adrenalin when the book instantaneously, through the enabler that is the internet, became yours.

I thought you just raised the taxes on the serfs working on your estates?

Correct. Which reminds me - how did you escape the checkpoint guards, the snipers and the searchlights? Next time, it'll be ankle bracelets and leg irons.

You don't so much ask yourself anything - you just ignore your better judgement, your survival instincts, and the consequences, and pull that trigger, ensuring that if everything goes belly up later in a miasma of buyer's remorse, at least you enjoyed that solitary and brief rush of excitement and adrenalin when the book instantaneously, through the enabler that is the internet, became yours.

Correct. Which reminds me - how did you escape the checkpoint guards, the snipers and the searchlights? Next time, it'll be ankle bracelets and leg irons.

Oh my... did I just enter into indentured servitude by joining the boards here? :o

Oh my... did I just enter into indentured servitude by joining the boards here? :o

I'm afraid so. You will be assigned your number, barracks and bunk in due course.

"Is it worth the price to me?"

Not guide, or GPA, but to me. If it is, then I buy it. If it isn't, then I don't

Can confirm. I've seen Bill flip through a book, smell it, weigh it in his hands, and say "This feels like a $10,000 book..."

hm

Even if it is the Action 1 9.0 :sumo:

"Is it worth the price to me?"

Not guide, or GPA, but to me. If it is, then I buy it. If it isn't, then I don't

Can confirm. I've seen Bill flip through a book, smell it, weigh it in his hands, and say "This feels like a $10,000 book..."

hm

Even if it is the Action 1 9.0 :sumo:

lol

Because you foolishly allowed me to read some Mr. Miracle comics.

"Who is the seller?" is of prime importance to me.

There are some Big Names in the hobby that I wouldn't give the time of day to, let alone money for a big book.

Because you foolishly allowed me to read some Mr. Miracle comics.

Knew I should've only allowed you Silver Age Lois Lanes and Jimmy Olsens. doh!

I just ask one question - "Would I rather have the book (or whatever) or the money?"

I just ask one question - "Would I rather have the book (or whatever) or the money?"

Usually I'd rather have the book than the money ...and the occasional whatever too just because I'm greedy that way. lol

The more difficult question has to do with the practical allocation of resources when involved in multiple business endeavors. :juggle:

the practical allocation of resources when involved in multiple business endeavors. :juggle:

A fancy way of saying "I have a bunch of mess going on."