• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Epic Illustrated fan club

116 posts in this topic

Anyone knows anything about this?

Its the retailer preview/ sampler issue of Epic Illustrated.

image.jpg

16-page promotional retailer sampler featuring teaser pages from the first issue of Epic Illustrated, advertised as a new experience in adult fantasy and science-fiction adventure from Marvel Comics. Shares issue #1's cover art by the legendary Frank Frazetta and includes sample pages by Ray Rue, Bob Larkin, Jim Starlin, Wendy Pini, Ernie Colon, Arthur Suydam, and more. 16 pages, full color.

I just picked these up last week for next-to-nothing and they are all in fantastic condition! I never knew there was Silver Surfer/Galactus stories in these magazines! :cloud9:

20160702_064651-1_zpsn3datnjt.jpg

I also got dozens of copies of Heavy Metal magazine from 1977-78 in the same purchase. Some great stuff that I never saw when I was a kid. :cool:

Yeah I was surprised to see Silver Surfer in there too when I first read it. But it was a good story and made the mag a little different from Heavy Metal

I've seen images online but not purchased yet, but is Eclipse Magazine in the same spirit as Epic Illustrated and Heavy Metal?

I just picked these up last week for next-to-nothing and they are all in fantastic condition! I never knew there was Silver Surfer/Galactus stories in these magazines! :cloud9:

20160702_064651-1_zpsn3datnjt.jpg

I also got dozens of copies of Heavy Metal magazine from 1977-78 in the same purchase. Some great stuff that I never saw when I was a kid. :cool:

And they are out there. I just left someone who had 30 #2's

Any #1s? Looking to pick one up.

I've seen images online but not purchased yet, but is Eclipse Magazine in the same spirit as Epic Illustrated and Heavy Metal?

It was an anthology title like Epic, and was the first appearance of several characters, such as Ms. Tree, Coyote, and Masked Man. I'm definitely in the market for a set of these myself, as I have a complete run of Ms. Tree and would like to add the Eclipse Magazine issues.

Any #1s? Looking to pick one up.

Only two :sorry: and I'll be holding onto those. :cloud9: