• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cole Schave collection: face jobs?

4,963 posts in this topic

If the goal of this thread is to raise awareness, the title of this thread is its own worst enemy. I wish it were more direct as it doesn't encourage casual viewers as much as it could. Just a thought as I'm upset by what's happening with these books and max awareness is the easily achievable goal/ most realistic goal.

Tangent/ too late I suppose...

If the goal of this thread is to raise awareness, the title of this thread is its own worst enemy. I wish it were more direct as it doesn't encourage casual viewers as much as it could. Just a thought as I'm upset by what's happening with these books and max awareness is the easily achievable goal/ most realistic goal.

hm

FYI, I had somebody contact me that recently submitted books to CCS, not yet graded = he doesn't know what they look like. He is paranoid that he is going to get a Shave. I'm sure others are thinking the same. Perhaps our thread is making a difference. It's funny but if CCS simply came out and made a strong statement, assuring the community this will stop, I think all will be well again.

With over 150,000 views, I am sure it's making a difference. At the very least, more people are aware.

mitch! get off mike's computer.

hm

lol

I see what you did there!

FYI, I had somebody contact me that recently submitted books to CCS, not yet graded = he doesn't know what they look like. He is paranoid that he is going to get a Shave. I'm sure others are thinking the same. Perhaps our thread is making a difference. It's funny but if CCS simply came out and made a strong statement, assuring the community this will stop, I think all will be well again.

With over 150,000 views, I am sure it's making a difference. At the very least, more people are aware.

:signfunny: now that is a funny post

Yes it was. lol

Yes it was. lol

hm

1197 serial number FF #3 on Clink.

Link

What an ugly book :sick:

9.2, seriously ? :facepalm:

But it's so FLAT. Don't you know that 90% of the grade is based on how flat the book is. I have no doubt it will eventually see 9.4 after the new owner decides it can even be more flat.

1197 serial number FF #3 on Clink.

Link

What an ugly book :sick:

9.2, seriously ? :facepalm:

But it's so FLAT. Don't you know that 90% of the grade is based on how flat the book is. I have no doubt it will eventually see 9.4 after the new owner decides it can even be more flat.

I am ashamed if this is what the hobby has became...

Whatever CCS does or doesn't do, if CGC came out with a statement that cover shrinkage would get a strong downgrade or a green or purple label this would stop immediately. If it is given a pass there is no reason for any presser doing this to stop it. Even with all the outrage here, a large segment of buyers won't know or won't care as long as the label says something good.

Whatever CCS does or doesn't do, if CGC came out with a statement that cover shrinkage would get a strong downgrade or a green or purple label this would stop immediately. If it is given a pass there is no reason for any presser doing this to stop it. Even with all the outrage here, a large segment of buyers won't know or won't care as long as the label says something good.

Obviously CGC isn't going to throw CCS under the bus.

Obviously, but since CCS isn't admitting to anything they could have plausible deniability to this. If CGC says it will downgrade for this, and CCS has already said that they won't create this side effect in their pressing, what's not to love in that scenario?

Obviously, but since CCS isn't admitting to anything they could have plausible deniability to this. If CGC says it will downgrade for this, and CCS has already said that they won't create this side effect in their pressing, what's not to love in that scenario?

What about all the books already constanza'd? Tough mess for those that bought them? (shrug)

There is no plausible deniability. Any submitter that received back such books could throw CCS under the bus if they chose to do so.

What about all the books already constanza'd? Tough mess for those that bought them? (shrug)

There is no plausible deniability. Any submitter that received back such books could throw CCS under the bus if they chose to do so.

What about all the blue label books with taped up spines? It's pretty much tough mess for people that bought those, isn't it? (shrug) Plenty of those out there from the years that CGC gave a wink and a nod to that practice that ruined books. Better to make the change now that only a handful of books seem to have been affected, IMHO.

All I meant was that CCS has neither confirmed nor denied that they pressed the books in question. Although most of us suspect that they did in fact do them, there is nothing to prevent CGC from changing their stance on this because they wouldn't be throwing CCS under the bus. Basically, CGC announces a hardline stance on cover shrinking, CCS says what they have already said about it, and books stop being ruined.

Submitters can do whatever they want, but as of yet none have come forward that I'm aware of to say definitively that CCS Costanza'd one of their books. I imagine any settlement for damages would have a non-disclosure statement associated with it though. And anyway, another press will fix them right up. :idea:

Submitters can do whatever they want, but as of yet none have come forward that I'm aware of to say definitively that CCS Costanza'd one of their books.

Actually, it was established earlier in this thread that CCS Costanza'd someone's books.

Submitters can do whatever they want, but as of yet none have come forward that I'm aware of to say definitively that CCS Costanza'd one of their books.

Actually, it was established earlier in this thread that CCS Costanza'd someone's books.

I missed that, does anyone have a link or a general zip code of page?

I don't have a problem believing that, and I'm definitely not trying to be an apologist for CCS. I simply meant that officially they hadn't taken ownership of any books, so a change in CGC's stance wouldn't officially have to appear to throw CCS under the bus. But frankly if CCS or anyone else is wrecking customer's books they ought to get a public hand slap at the very least. It's better than continuing to ruin books, and condone the ruining of books, under the pretense of saving reputations.