• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cole Schave collection: face jobs?

4,963 posts in this topic

I'd like to see the TOS#40 get "fixed" but CGC already rewarded that piece of work with a higher grade so I guess everything is ok. :eyeroll: Heaven forbid that we dare question anything on their chat board. Keep drinking the cool aid. (thumbs u

All you seem to drink of is the warmed, flat remnants of the bucket o' beer upon arriving late to happy hour. Question away, it's all you seem to do -- but amazingly (though not surprisingly) you don't seem to learn a damn thing either.

:blahblah::blahblah:

I'd like to see the TOS#40 get "fixed" but CGC already rewarded that piece of work with a higher grade so I guess everything is ok. :eyeroll: Heaven forbid that we dare question anything on their chat board. Keep drinking the cool aid. (thumbs u

All you seem to drink of is the warmed, flat remnants of the bucket o' beer upon arriving late to happy hour. Question away, it's all you seem to do -- but amazingly (though not surprisingly) you don't seem to learn a damn thing either.

Peter, why are you even wasting your time on this buffoon? Every time he has tried to make a claim about anything he has only shown his level of ignorance. Put him on ignore and life will be much better (thumbs u

..... ironically, the TOS 40 was an undergraded 9.2 and could have had a real good shot at a straight resub to 9.4. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Peter, why are you even wasting your time on this buffoon? Every time he has tried to make a claim about anything he has only shown his level of ignorance. Put him on ignore and life will be much better (thumbs u

Glad to know I have my fans amongst the "slow" crowd. I'll always try to keep you in mind, and use smaller, easier to digest words. :)

Glad to know I have my fans amongst the "slow" crowd. I'll always try to keep you in mind, and use smaller, easier to digest words. :)

You are so magnanimous.

-slym

This is very simple. Shrink the cover until the defect is small enough to fall into a 9.8 holder. It doesnt matter if the pages fan out an inch on all edge. (thumbs u

1. Shrink the cover

2. Trim the interior pages

3. Slab it Universal

Trifecta! :acclaim:

This is very simple. Shrink the cover until the defect is small enough to fall into a 9.8 holder. It doesnt matter if the pages fan out an inch on all edge. (thumbs u

1. Shrink the cover

3. Slab it Universal

It wouldn't work. Folks would notice the smaller CGC cases.

1. Shrink the cover

3. Slab it Universal

It's ok. They can be pressed to increase their size.

I read most all the pages -- may have missed some here and there. I think the CGC staffs' knowledge of, and experience with silver age Marvels -- their general appearance, propensity for shrinkage, overhang and what have you, probably extends beyond this thread and also predates it.

What is pretty clear (for some of the parties) is the intent of their debate. :)

Do you work for CGC....or merely suckle at its teat?

I'm partial to teat suckling

You know all of this will be moot when the market dictates that collectors should encapsulate every page individually. Covers will have a value and a specific set of grading criteria. Interior pages will have another value. Centerfolds, splashes etc. All individually graded, priced and sold. CCS will specialize in comic disassembly. There will be separate smaller holder for staples and they will get their own special grade.

That is going to be so cool!

You are so magnanimous.

-slym

Please don't quote Captain Spin, reading his post lowers your IQ.

You know all of this will be moot when the market dictates that collectors should encapsulate every page individually. Covers will have a value and a specific set of grading criteria. Interior pages will have another value. Centerfolds, splashes etc. All individually graded, priced and sold. CCS will specialize in comic disassembly. There will be separate smaller holder for staples and they will get their own special grade.

On the bright side, the book could be read.

I read most all the pages -- may have missed some here and there. I think the CGC staffs' knowledge of, and experience with silver age Marvels -- their general appearance, propensity for shrinkage, overhang and what have you, probably extends beyond this thread and also predates it.

What is pretty clear (for some of the parties) is the intent of their debate. :)

Clearly you've got something you're aching to say to me. Let 'er rip. (shrug)

You are so magnanimous.

-slym

Please don't quote Captain Spin, reading his post lowers your IQ.

Hmm, someone hearts me. And it's not even Valentine's Day yet! :)

Not at all. I just enjoyed your usage of teat suckling and i wanted to use it in a sentence

Did it again :):cloud9:

Not at all. I just enjoyed your usage of teat suckling and i wanted to use it in a sentence

Did it again :):cloud9:

Fair enough... lol

1. Shrink the cover

3. Slab it Universal

They would increase in the summer.

On the bright side, the book could be read.

:idea: Pure win (thumbs u