• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cole Schave collection: face jobs?

4,963 posts in this topic

If a corner was bent a little and then pushed back in place, do I care? No, but if there was a book length fold or half a dozen non-color breaking spine stresses that were smashed out and in the process the staples are stressed and the pulp of the body is squished out a little, do I care? Yes, and I think everyone else here does too, whether they want to acknowledge it or not. Because I don't think any body that loves comics wants them looking like this. No matter how much you like your books flat. ;):foryou: Mr. Bedrock.

Excellent comments. I agree, wholeheartedly.

I had the same thought on the Action #77 Pennsylvania, which can be seen in its previous 9.4 holder on Heritage. The page fanning and peekthrough on the bottom edge are more pronounced now, same as the Showcase.

Am I seeing things or does this look much worse sold CC 6/13 relisted in new Event auction.

sho1_2702a_zps86652b65.jpg

sho1_2876c_zpsa82863d1.jpg

.... I think the main diffence here is just different scanner settings..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

To whomever is pressing these books - QUIT WITH THE TWIST!

Thank you.

Has CCS finally made a public statement denying their involvement? ???

They have neither confirmed nor denied they were the ones that pressed these books. They say they do not reveal who they worked on books for.

One could say, though, that if they didn't work on these books, they could say, and probably would say, that they didn't.

So, we'll never really know unless the submitter comes here and names them outright. ;)

IOW, to answer your question - no.

-slym

Am I seeing things or does this look much worse sold CC 6/13 relisted in new Event auction.

sho1_2702a_zps86652b65.jpg

sho1_2876c_zpsa82863d1.jpg

.... I think the main diffence here is just different scanner settings..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Might want to look closer.

agreed; it does look schaved, jimbo.

It's a Costanza, but compared to some of the others and the new-to-market Hulk #1 it's not so bad.

The Showcase was graded 8/13/2013 . Any thought to it simply being a 'bad batch' type of mistake is has now been disproven. Obviously the creator of these mutations did not view it as a mistake and kept on churning them out, even for clients other than Schmell. This is terrible.