• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Spine Realignment Therapy, turn your 8.5's into 9.2's!

3,329 posts in this topic

From the CGC feedback page

“a tremendous impact”"

I am looking forward to shipping thousands of books to you in the future. I really believe in your service & KNOW that it will have a tremendous impact (for the better) on our hobby. I look forward to having a part of the success CGC will bring (already has) to our hobby and will do all that I can on my end to use and promote this service."

Mark Wilson

PGC Mint

“...accuracy, consistency, professionalism and beauty of the end product...”"

The level of accuracy, consistency, professionalism and beauty of the end product at CGC has revolutionized, energized and stabilized this hobby, lifting it to a height that would have otherwise been impossible."

Mark Wilson

PGC Mint

Troublemaker (tsk)

Not sure if a week is long enough for them to come to a conclusion on any new policy they might put in place. Regarding an issue as important as this, I would want a well thought out answer compared to throwing something out for the sake of expediency.

:gossip: It's actually been a month since Paul commented in this thread that a change in their ridiculous policy on tape was forthcoming:

"3) On the issue of the tape "loop-hole" - CGC has taken your suggestions very seriously. They have been very helpful and as a result we are in the process of re-evaluating our tape policy and plan to modify our current practice as necessary to address the situation. Your input has been valuable and we thank you. Anyone who has not voiced their opinion can still do so and we would welcome your thoughts. Please look for a separate announcement in the near future. Books that are currently in holders with tape would be considered “Grandfathered in”."

I weep for the books that have been defiled in the interim while CGC slow-plays this...c'mon Paul, what's the deal here? (shrug)

That's true, but how long has it been since CGC has had the books in hand to make the decision on?

There will be an update within the week, if not and hopefully sooner, with respect to the reverse spine issue.

CGC is also continuing to work on the tape, as well as some other grading issues, and those updates will be issued over a period of time up to and likely before SDCC.

From the CGC feedback page

“a tremendous impact”"

I am looking forward to shipping thousands of books to you in the future. I really believe in your service & KNOW that it will have a tremendous impact (for the better) on our hobby. I look forward to having a part of the success CGC will bring (already has) to our hobby and will do all that I can on my end to use and promote this service."

Mark Wilson

PGC Mint

“...accuracy, consistency, professionalism and beauty of the end product...”"

The level of accuracy, consistency, professionalism and beauty of the end product at CGC has revolutionized, energized and stabilized this hobby, lifting it to a height that would have otherwise been impossible."

Mark Wilson

PGC Mint

While CGC has not identified the name of the individual submitter, I will state that there is absolutely no evidence that Mark Wilson is involved with this controversy.

Hey Mark :hi:

Why is your name a different shade of blue? (shrug)

Postings that I make from this account indicate I am speaking on behalf of the corporation. :gossip:

You're joking....right?

My guess? No... he is not joking.

-slym

CGC is also continuing to work on the tape, as well as some other grading issues, and those updates will be issued over a period of time up to and likely before SDCC.

Will these updates actually be posted on the CGC website, or will it be status quo and only posted in this thread?

Good question. I will check.

Will these updates actually be posted on the CGC website, or will it be status quo and only posted in this thread?

Good question. I will check.

(thumbs u <---- the good one.

From that article:

Want to hear the crazy part? One auction expert and the card's owner think this turn of events will increase the value of the card.

Through a Diamondbacks spokesperson, Kendrick — the card's current owner — told Yahoo! Sports:

"As a collector of rare cards and a fan who enjoys the history of the game of baseball, today's news does not change my pride in owning the Honus Wagner T-206 card. In fact, I've been advised that the notoriety of this turn of events has actually increased the value of the card and I will continue to enjoy having it as part of the 'Diamondbacks collection.' "