• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grader Notes

1,754 posts in this topic

Just got this via email (so they have mine)

Get CGC Grader Notes!

Ever wondered how CGC grades are determined? Our professional graders often take notes on the comic’s or magazine’s condition as part of the grading process. Now we’re making these notes available to you.

CGC Grader Notes can help you research and describe a comic or magazine you want to buy or sell, or just gain insight into its grade. They’re delivered electronically for a fee based on the grading tier the collectible was submitted under:

WalkThru — $30 / collectible

Express and Standard — $15 / collectible

Economy, Value and Modern — $5 / collectible

To get started, visit our free Certification Lookup tool on the CGC homepage or at CGCcomics.com/Cert

Dealers: Ordering CGC Grader Notes is easy. Select the notes you want, and we’ll add it to your next invoice. :news:

Get CGC Grader Notes!

Ever wondered how CGC grades are determined? Our professional graders often take notes on the comic’s or magazine’s condition as part of the grading process. Now we’re making these notes available to you.

CGC Grader Notes can help you research and describe a comic or magazine you want to buy or sell, or just gain insight into its grade. They’re delivered electronically for a fee based on the grading tier the collectible was submitted under:

To get started, visit our free Certification Lookup tool on the CGC homepage or at CGCcomics.com/Cert

Dealers: Ordering CGC Grader Notes is easy. Select the notes you want, and we’ll add it to your next invoice.

I like the part where it's easy for dealers. "Select the notes you want, and we’ll add it to your next invoice".

:facepalm:

Get CGC Grader Notes!

Dealers: Ordering CGC Grader Notes is easy. Select the notes you want, and we’ll add it to your next invoice.

I find this quote . "Now we’re making these notes available to you." to be misleading.

They've always made those notes available to us.

It should read . "Now we’re making these notes available cost prohibitive to you.

Get CGC Grader Notes!

Dealers: Ordering CGC Grader Notes is easy. Select the notes you want, and we’ll add it to your next invoice. :news:

lol

Unless I missed it, I gather CGC has not responded at all to these complaints/feedback on this new policy. I notice the boardie who posted that he sent in questions for the the "Ask CGC" forum has not been posted or answered.

I find their lack of response to be very concerning and poor business practice. They should at least address the issue with their loyal customer base and provide some rationale for the change in practice.

I'm sure they'll respond...by deleting this thread.

Did they send the sub-grades (the grades each of the 3+ graders gave)?

Dan

This entire thread brings another thread to mind: Some Guys Get All The Breaks (This was waaay before Ewert got busted for trims. )

Seller thought book was a weak 8.5 (spine tear) and decided to sell. The grader's notes were 8.0, 8.5, and 8.5. Then after Ewert's miraculous resub the grader's notes were...(drum roll)... 9.2,9.2,9.2.

After that crapstorm I seriously doubt individual grades will be on the menu, at any price.

I wonder what PGX's staff is thinking...do they provide Grader Notes?

mm

Orangutans can write? :o

Until they get their act together, I'm done.

I've always been on the fence about slabbed books and still believe that they have their place in the hobby, but I find CGC's "you'll take it and like it" attitude (not just this grader notes situation but the price increases and overall delays in their backlog also.) very disturbing,

I'm just done submitting.

Did you know when PGX Books are consigned to HERITAGE

they either re-submit them to CGC or sell the comic "raw" with

their own grade depending on what makes sense for the comic

in question.

mm

I haven't gotten a response to the e-mail asking that they not sell any notes pertaining to any of my submissions until I determined my legal rights to those notes.

:applause:

Nice Richard. I like it.

Nice Job!! Just got the spam email for this myself.

Get CGC Grader Notes!

I find this quote . "Now we’re making these notes available to you." to be misleading.

They've always made those notes available to us.

It should read . "Now we’re making these notes available cost prohibitive to you.

I thought CGC was above such disingenuous corporate speak, spinning a price hike as beneficial to their customers. :(

I got an e-mail response to my request for all the notes on every book I submitted during the calendar year 2011. They said they wouldn't do it, but I could pay.

I haven't gotten a response to the e-mail asking that they not sell any notes pertaining to any of my submissions until I determined my legal rights to those notes.

:applause: