• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any stores worth visiting or collectors in the Baltimore/DC area?

19 posts in this topic

I will be in Columbia, MD from May 8-12 visiting family and am looking to buy some comic books while there.

Any stores with good stock of SA & Bronze within driving distance of Columbia?

I am also meeting up with a Boardie on Saturday to purchase some of his collection. If anyone else is interested in selling some of their collection, I can meet on Friday or Sunday (I know it is Mother's Day) l. I would prefer to spend money with Board members when possible anyway.

PM me if interested in getting together. Post store details here please.

Ed Robertson

Comics to Astonish is right in Columbia, MD.

Twilight Zone is a small shop in Glen Burnie, MD, but they have cool stuff.

Cards,Comics and Collectibles is just north of Owings Mills, MD.

If you have the time, you could head to Northern part of Baltimore where there are a few stores with some Silver/Bronze: Collectors Corner (Hartford Road) and Chuck's Comics in Essex.

Good luck!

Meck

I also vouch for Twilite Zone. It's not much to look at, but if you're willing to dig around it's always been worth my time.

For example, six months ago I got a 30 cent price variant Conan 62 in VG/F for $1, and a friend of mine got an Amazing Spider-Man 301 for $15 that was later slabbed at 9.8.

Twilite Zone

Comics to Astonish is also a good one, depending on what you're looking for. Lots of nice wall books and new books, but non-key back issues are a little spotty. Not the place to go to fill that Darkhawk run, but you could probably get several O'Neil-Adams Green Lantern-Green Arrows.

There used to be one on Georgia Ave. close to Silver Springs back in the mid-late 90's. Don't know if they are still there

Barbarian....

dunno if they're still around of not. Wasn't a great back issue selection last time I went there (years ago).

In DC Area, Victory Comics is probably best for older back issues. He's in Falls Church,VA

I just moved out this way, so thanks for the heads up.

Been to Comics to Astonish, and they seem to have an alright selection, you might find what you are looking for. They have been one if the mist organized at least, so if they have it you will find it pretty quick.

I'll check out some of these others as well. Thanks.

Thanks for the options, guys. I am making my list.

Anyone looking to sell of a chunk of their collection at this time- might be better than hitting a store.

Ed

Collectors Corner is a great store in Parkville MD. That is north of Baltimore and about a mile or 2 right off of 695. Lots of back issues, plenty of old stuff, statues, toys, apparel and gaming supplies too! They have a HUGE $1 bin with lots of good stuff to fill holes. Definitely worth checking out. Jim Steranko will be making an appearance there this Saturday for FCBD. Free signatures if you are into that sort of thing!

Ed,

I've gone to Cards,Comics and Collectibles and that store definitely has some of the stuff you are looking for.

I would give them a call and send them your want list. Prices are typical of a comic store but if you are buying quite a bit they maybe able to set you up.

Ed, shoot me a PM with your list. I might have some stuff your looking for. I can also hook you up with a friend looking to move a couple thousand books with some long runs. I'm in Silver Spring and he's out in Alexandria, VA nearby.

Ed, shoot me a PM with your list. I might have some stuff your looking for. I can also hook you up with a friend looking to move a couple thousand books with some long runs. I'm in Silver Spring and he's out in Alexandria, VA nearby.

PM sent- thanks.

There used to be one on Georgia Ave. close to Silver Springs back in the mid-late 90's. Don't know if they are still there

It's still there. Well...it was a few years ago when I worked there. I'm in Arlington, VA now and go to Victory Comics. It's a great store, and I recommend checking it out if you head to the other side of the District.

It's still there. Well...it was a few years ago when I worked there. I'm in Arlington, VA now and go to Victory Comics. It's a great store, and I recommend checking it out if you head to the other side of the District.

Thanks, I will have to see how far from Columbia that is and how bad the traffic will be. I appreciate the info.

Ed

Mapping out plans this week-end for the trip. Anyone else have recommendations or want to sell some books May 8-12 while I am there? I am booked on Saturday the 10th but free otherwise.

Ed