• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buying from Comic Link

16 posts in this topic

What up?

So I was wanting to buy some low to mid grade marvel keys and have been surfing comic link for the past few days.

Seems to be cheaper than eBay.

Who has purchased off of that site? I would like to know the process.

Some of the books were posted years ago...

Will the seller still have them? When you click buy it! What's the process like?

Do you get a tracking number?

Help me out!

:)

I know they're legit

Really just curious on the buying experience with them.

I would say it is pretty standard as all the others.

You pay then they ship you the books.

Assume that books with listing dates more than a year old are no longer available.. Put in an offer but know that the odds are (95%) that the book has been long sold elsewhere but never removed from clinks listings.

Every now and then you stumble on a book that the seller actually still has and will sell, bu the odds are for keys and hot books you will never hear back.

It's in my top 10 of clink criticisms....

Don't want to derail your thread, but I was about to post a thread about CLink as well.

1) Anybody have experiences when buying from sellers who don't have scans?

2) What's the return process like if the book isn't in its stated condition?

I never had a problem with Comiclink on any level as a buyer or seller. However, you can see the date each comic was listed and some listing are rather old. Some books, like the Catman #2 MH Copy that was listed 6 years ago in 2008, are probably no longer owned by the person who listed it. I'd like to suggest that after a book has been listed for 1 year, Comiclink should send an email out to the consignor to confirm the book is still available. I think that would cut down on listings that are no longer valid.

I had a problem with Comiclink.

I once won an auction. Got an email saying I had won the auction.

ComicLink then said they had a "glitch" during the time period when I won the auction and canceled the sale. They relisted the book the next night and I didn't win the book the second time around. I received some sort of small compensation.

Don't want to derail your thread, but I was about to post a thread about CLink as well.

I never purchase books from CL without scans

CGC graded books cannot be returned. PGX graded books and raw books can. This for books bought on the Exchange. Auction sales are final

I've purchased lots of stuff from CL. I'm happy enough to keep going back. Nearly all my purchases are at the auctions as the Exchange has too many annoyances. Don't bother buying or putting a bid in on books over a year old as far as listings go. They are often no longer available. And many sellers on the exchange will just not counter offer or refuse, so you have sort of tied up that much money for five days.

The auctions aren't perfect either - the lack of back cover scans the worst. But CL is entirely legitimate and nice stuff turns up on the site.

Assume that books with listing dates more than a year old are no longer available.. Put in an offer but know that the odds are (95%) that the book has been long sold elsewhere but never removed from clinks listings.

Every now and then you stumble on a book that the seller actually still has and will sell, bu the odds are for keys and hot books you will never hear back.

It's in my top 10 of clink criticisms....

Build a Want List. Then you get notifications of new listings that match your list. My last two sales on the exchange happened within 24 hours of my listing the items, and I'd wager good money that's because people had want lists informing them of the listings.

I never purchase books from CL without scans

CGC graded books cannot be returned. PGX graded books and raw books can. This for books bought on the Exchange. Auction sales are final

I've purchased lots of stuff from CL. I'm happy enough to keep going back. Nearly all my purchases are at the auctions as the Exchange has too many annoyances. Don't bother buying or putting a bid in on books over a year old as far as listings go. They are often no longer available. And many sellers on the exchange will just not counter offer or refuse, so you have sort of tied up that much money for five days.

The auctions aren't perfect either - the lack of back cover scans the worst. But CL is entirely legitimate and nice stuff turns up on the site.

I've bought several times from ComicLink without any problems, and have emailed them in the past to request back cover scans of books. If I remember correctly (it's been a few years since I did this), they were able to get back cover scans and added them to the listings.

I had a problem with Comiclink.

I once won an auction. Got an email saying I had won the auction.

ComicLink then said they had a "glitch" during the time period when I won the auction and canceled the sale. They relisted the book the next night and I didn't win the book the second time around. I received some sort of small compensation.

Least you got something....one would think with the extra commission they received, they could add a back cover scan or something

:banana:

I've purchased many slabs from CL via the auction or regular sales process without any issues. My one [very minor] complaint is that they put these annoying stickers on the back of the books.

You know the kind that are impossible to get off cleanly... drives me nuts! :frustrated:

I've purchased many slabs from CL via the auction or regular sales process without any issues. My one [very minor] complaint is that they put these annoying stickers on the back of the books.

You know the kind that are impossible to get off cleanly... drives me nuts! :frustrated:

Use PDI Adhesive Tape Remover. Works like a charm. (thumbs u