• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man Volume 3

34 posts in this topic

Sorry if this thread has already been started. I tried to search, but all I found were threads about variants, the defects on new issues, etc.

So this is a thread to talk about Amazing Spider-Man Volume 3. A lot of people have commented saying they didn't like the art/story. I will say the art could be greatly improved. On the other hand, I thought the story was well-written. The mini-stories also opened up a lot of other possibilities for future issues of ASM. Can't wait to see where this goes...

The art and story was pretty mediocre.

There are like 9 different covers of the same thing here. Marvel has yet again flooded the market with an overhyped book.

The art and story was pretty mediocre.

There are like 9 different covers of the same thing here. Marvel has yet again flooded the market with an overhyped book.

I'm glad ASM is back, but yeah, the variants are over-kill.

Well, I really liked it - much to my surprise. I know people have issues with Dan Slott - but man, I'm telling you: as a non-Spidey fan before Superior, I am finding myself now a Spidey fan with the way the book has been written over the past year. I will continue reading, and they set up lots of great angles - that oddly enough, I want to check out (except for the Kaine stuff - never got into the clone).

Well, I really liked it - much to my surprise. I know people have issues with Dan Slott - but man, I'm telling you: as a non-Spidey fan before Superior, I am finding myself now a Spidey fan with the way the book has been written over the past year. I will continue reading, and they set up lots of great angles - that oddly enough, I want to check out (except for the Kaine stuff - never got into the clone).

+1

Although Spiderverse still seems a bit far fetched to me.

+1

The wardrobe malfunction was classic Spidey humor. I enjoyed the book, aside from the ridiculous initial two pages.

Dan Slott is good by me; most of his missteps seem to come as a result of editorially mandated directions, like the pre-movie wrap-up of Superior, or the gong show that was Spider-Island.

I agree. I've never had a problem with Slott's writing, but I will admit he has been the writer since I started reading the ASM series.

I liked the Scarlet Spider run, but I probably won't be checking out the series with the "team" he's in.

I agree. I've never had a problem with Slott's writing, but I will admit he has been the writer since I started reading the ASM series.

I liked the Scarlet Spider run, but I probably won't be checking out the series with the "team" he's in.

New Warriors? It's been pretty good so far. Reads very similar to the new Nova book.

New Warriors? It's been pretty good so far. Reads very similar to the new Nova book.

That's it. I couldn't remember the name and the issue was already in my long box, so I didn't feel like dragging it back out to check lol

+1

The wardrobe malfunction was classic Spidey humor. I enjoyed the book, aside from the ridiculous initial two pages.

Dan Slott is good by me; most of his missteps seem to come as a result of editorially mandated directions, like the pre-movie wrap-up of Superior, or the gong show that was Spider-Island.

I haven't read the issue, but what makes you say it was editorially mandated?

Personally, I felt like Superior had run its course. It was good for the first 20 issues or so, but it had started to go back down hill at the end.

1345692_ful.jpg

Issue 3 and they're going to that JSC well already I see.

This is a JSC cover!!?!?!!!

As i fan of Campbell, especially his renditions of Felicia Hardy, I can honestly say this is one of his worst Black Cat covers. Seriously looks horrible, just horrible, her arms look like noodles and even her face is off. What the heck happened!?

Definitely won't be wanting to add this to the collection. There has to be something going on, is his hand injured, is he drawing with his other hand, this makes no sense to me. Anyone else want to weigh in???

1345692_ful.jpg

Issue 3 and they're going to that JSC well already I see.

This is a JSC cover!!?!?!!!

As i fan of Campbell, especially his renditions of Felicia Hardy, I can honestly say this is one of his worst Black Cat covers. Seriously looks horrible, just horrible, her arms look like noodles and even her face is off. What the heck happened!?

Definitely won't be wanting to add this to the collection. There has to be something going on, is his hand injured, is he drawing with his other hand, this makes no sense to me. Anyone else want to weigh in???

Fandom has made him a superstar, which means he can now get paid a fortune for phoned - in formulaic covers and then get paid again for the OA. Simple.

+1

Personally, I felt like Superior had run its course. It was good for the first 20 issues or so, but it had started to go back down hill at the end.

Yeah, you're right... that looks like it's being stated as fact. The only thing I know is that I read Dan Slott was given free rein to run the Superior story up until the movie.

The ending seemed like a forced wrap up, with the way Ock ceded control to PP.

+1

Yeah, you're right... that looks like it's being stated as fact. The only thing I know is that I read Dan Slott was given free rein to run the Superior story up until the movie.

The ending seemed like a forced wrap up, with the way Ock ceded control to PP.

I gotta find this article. I was kinda thinking along the same lines, Doc Oc just gives up, seems out of the blue. As did PP returning all of the sudden...