• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a winner. The Rotten Tomatoes reviews were off.

856 posts in this topic

I just came back from seeing this with Mrs. CC, and I have to say ASM 2 is a winner!

First of all my expectations were low because of the ASM 2 CGI trailers, the Rotten Tomatoes reviews, and my lukewarm feelings of ASM 1.

Speaking of ASM 1 let`s get this straight!

ASM 2 is way better then ASM 1.

Now lets look at why I liked ASM 2 so much.

In ASM 1 we didn`t really care about the Andrew Garfield Spider-Man.

Here in ASM 2 he wins us over. We care about him,we care about his parent`s, and most of all we care about Gwen.

The villians of ASM 2 are way more interesting then the boring Lizard.

In fact there are times when Electro and the Green Goblin are downright scary.

To take it a step further Dane Dehaan steals the movie as the Green Goblin.

http://images.moviefanatic.com/iu/t_xlarge_l/v1389293924/dane-dehaan-the-

While I am glad you liked the movie but after re-reading your review I guess what I still don't get is what about ASM 1 you didn't like.

I get people thought that main villain was lame, but guess what so is the real lizard back in the 1960's. (shrug) I actually thought the actor who played Dr Connors did an amazing job, and the CGI was just fine with me. I mean lets give these first 2 movies some credit here since they used what 3 C-list villains without going to the main 3 just yet. 1. Venom 2. Green Goblin (Norman) 3 Doc Ock

Garfield is by far the better actor and person to play the part over Tobey.

I am very critical and outspoken so when it comes to people not enjoying Garfield as Spider-man/PP I shake my head probably the most ever since joining the boards.

I completely agree. And you hit the nail on the head regarding the villains they've had to use because of the original trilogy already using the main ones. But I thought Harry as Goblin in ASM 2 was absolutely spectacular. I completely loved him as a villain in ASM 2. Had he been the only villain in this movie, I think this would've been my favorite Spidey movie so far

Quick fun question:

Who do you think the real identity is of Gustav Fiers aka "Man in the Shadows",

at the end of each of ASM 1 and ASM 2?

I think it is Norman Osborn not dead.

I have a friend who thought he was originally the Kingpin

Edited by Lucid Enigma

I don't know what my point is....

That you're not longer 8 years old, and your mind is demanding entertainment befitting an adult.

That's the nicest compliment I've had all week!

You sir, get a cookie. :applause:

Wilson Fisk

-slym

That was my first thought, especially since it started showing all of the villains' suits near the end.

Not feeling that since he doesn't have the Kingpin look.

Kingpin as a skinny old man I would complain about.

Wilson Fisk

-slym

That was my first thought, especially since it started showing all of the villains' suits near the end.

Exactly. When I saw him, I immediately thought about how he was too slim. I hope we're wrong.

That you're not longer 8 years old, and your mind is demanding entertainment befitting an adult.

That is why I get frustrated with you over 40 year olds who want an adult movie from a movie that is supposed to be Twilight in nature. doh!

The beginning era of Spider-man is for kids not adults.

What do you expect from the early issues of Spider-man that were made for middle school and HS students? (Whether it was Amazing or Ultimate)

Of course movies such as X-men FC and Cap 2 will stimulate you more now as an adult than any incarnation of early escapades of Spiderman.

No movie written today can take me back to those early days of life unless they were movies I watched from that time period of growing up, Goonies would be one or original Star Wars trilogy. If I needed to watch Twilight or ASM 2 to remember those pointless gf relationships from MS or HS at age 33 I think that is vey pathetic.

Wilson Fisk

-slym

Exactly. When I saw him, I immediately thought about how he was too slim. I hope we're wrong.

It's Big Man (Foswell). Next up isn't the Sinister 6. It's The Enforcers!!!! :o

I didn't enjoy the movie at all, and usually I'm pretty into comic films. The chemistry between Peter, Gwen and Aunt May was very real and very touching. But there was so much that I felt fell flat on it's face, namely the villains. Electro started off great, but as soon as he was fighting Spidey in Times Square it went downhill fast. Oh, and he kind of reminded me of Dr. Manhattan in certain scenes.

And whomever played Harry is an awful actor.

Lauren, to be fair, the last actor to play Harry was James Franco so it could have been worse lol. I agree I think the issue that the villains are the weakest part of the movie, and I think that happened because they were too split. Not sure the

reason to cram in Green Goblin so he can kill Gwen

but would have been better if the movie had focused more on one villain and let small bits focus on the building of other villains to do whatever universe sony wants to build to. Glad I went to a free screening, would not have paid to seen it.

That is why I get frustrated with you over 40 year olds who want an adult movie from a movie that is supposed to be Twilight in nature. doh!

What do you expect from the early issues of Spider-man that were made for middle school and HS students? (Whether it was Amazing or Ultimate)

It is actually possible, for a form of entertainment that is specifically geared to the youth demographic, to actually be enjoyable for ALL AGES.

The Incredibles

Now, it requires effort and talent, to pull it off, but to just write off people's opinion's because the movie "Isn't made for them", is just lazy. :news: Sony doesn't just want the twilight money, they want ALL the money. They didn't just try to make a movie for "the youth demographic". You don't make Avatar money doing that. They tried, and failed, to make a movie that appeals to all ages. If you don't believe that, you are dead wrong.

Fact is, a property like Spider-man, should be treated with the kind reverence from the movie studios, that would ensure at the very least, a film that can be enjoyed by all ages. We are talking about a property, that SHOULD be able to break box office records. Marvel Comic's most licensed and most recognizable character for gods sake!

Instead, it is a passible summer popcorn flick, which will underperform at the box-office.

What a damn a shame.

It is actually possible, for a form of entertainment that is specifically geared to the youth demographic, to actually be enjoyable for ALL AGES.

The Incredibles

Now, it requires effort and talent, to pull it off, but to just write off people's opinion's because the movie "Isn't made for them", is just lazy. :news: Sony doesn't just want the twilight money, they want ALL the money. They didn't just try to make a movie for "the youth demographic". You don't make Avatar money doing that. They tried, and failed, to make a movie that appeals to all ages. If you don't believe that, you are dead wrong.

Fact is, a property like Spider-man, should be treated with the kind reverence from the movie studios, that would ensure at the very least, a film that can be enjoyed by all ages. We are talking about a property, that SHOULD be able to break box office records. Marvel Comic's most licensed and most recognizable character for gods sake!

Instead, it is a passible summer popcorn flick, which will underperform at the box-office.

What a damn a shame.

I can never relate anymore to HS relationships in films, so for me it is very cut and dry. Early Spider-man can NEVER apply to all ages in my eyes. Twilight only. Once he is out of college and working is when I can start to relate.

I still think Sony did just fine with this movie to make a bunch of free money.

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

The Incredibles

What a damn a shame.

I can never relate anymore to HS relationships in films, so for me it is very cut and dry. Spider-man can NEVER apply to all ages in my eyes. Twilight only.

I'm sorry that you don't have higher standards for the character I assume you love. Perhaps you aren't that big a fan, I don't know.

I can assure you, NO big wigs at Sony, are happy about that underperforming opening weekend.

The Incredibles

What a damn a shame.

I can never relate anymore to HS relationships in films, so for me it is very cut and dry. Spider-man can NEVER apply to all ages in my eyes. Twilight only.

I'm sorry that you don't have higher standards for the character I assume you love. Perhaps you aren't that big a fan, I don't know.

I can assure you, NO big wigs at Sony, are happy about that underperforming opening weekend.

Garfield set to me the highest possible standard for the character that Tobey never achieved. Considering we haven't seen any of the real big villains yet to me makes these movies quite interesting actually.

I never said this was the best comic movie of all time, but I enjoyed it enough not to think it was horrible. The fact is this movie showed the most amazing Spider-man fight and swinging scenes to date, yes?

C-Level villains on film were just that, what did you expect?

I am sorry your expectations are set too high. (shrug)

I think the Sony executives bonus check will be just fine from this movie. Sucks they can't get two extra cars instead of three.

Wow, my site is giving this movie the full gamut of emotions: 4 THEATER, 2 RENT, 3 AVOIDS!

I put the movie on par with the Ed Norton Incredible HUlk Movie

ASM 2

(yes, this is my last posting to my site)

The Incredibles

What a damn a shame.

Garfield set to me the highest possible standard for the character that Tobey never achieved. Considering we haven't seen any of the real big villains yet to me makes these movies quite interesting actually.

I never said this was the best comic movie of all time, but I enjoyed it enough not to think it was horrible. The fact is this movie showed the most amazing Spider-man fight and swinging scenes to date, yes?

I think the Sony executives bonus check will be just fine from this movie. Sucks they can't get two extra cars instead of three.

Not sure why this hasn't been mentioned more often. I was incredibly entertained by the amount of well done action in this film.

The Incredibles

What a damn a shame.

Not sure why this hasn't been mentioned more often. I was incredibly entertained by the amount of well done action in this film.

IDK know why so many boardie assumed C-List villains were somehow going to be amazing all of a sudden once they hit the silver screen.

However I am the same person who thinks every single Christopher Reeve Superman film is abolsute garbage compared to MOS.....so what do I know apparently.