• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a winner. The Rotten Tomatoes reviews were off.

856 posts in this topic

Saw ASM 2 this morning. My wife and I both loved it.

I wasn't a big fan of the first, but this one was great. It felt like a set up movie for others to come. There wasn't a whole ton of action, more drama, really.

But I love character development. I thought there were subtle things in the movie that were fantastic elements of story telling.

I wasn't a big fan of the first, but this one was great. It felt like a set up movie for others to come. There wasn't a whole ton of action, more drama, really.

But I love character development. I thought there were subtle things in the movie that were fantastic elements of story telling.

I agree. The second time through, I enjoyed it more.

The first time I saw it there was some teenager, maybe young adult, about 5 or 6 seats down from me that laughed loudly at nearly every line in the movie. It was to the point of distraction.

I saw plenty of kids at both the showings I attended.

Pixar's Brave and The Incredibles were both PG.

Wreck it Ralph and Frozen are PG.

Pirates of the Caribbean series are all PG-13.

(I've never seen that much difference between PG and PG-13).

I've seen plenty of kids at all those movies (shrug)

PG = parental guidance, not that kids can't go.

PG-13 = means parental guidance, film suggested for those kids 13 and older.

Neither rating precludes kids from going, but that parents should determine whether or not they are right for their children based on some of the things (language, violence, etc) that may happen in them.

The first time I saw it there was some teenager, maybe young adult, about 5 or 6 seats down from me that laughed loudly at nearly every line in the movie. It was to the point of distraction.

Popcorn over head works good for that

Was it this guy?????

Popcorn over head works good for that

Where were you when I needed you?

Actually, it was forgivable. It seemed like he was trying too hard to impress the girl sitting next to him, as in he "got" every line. The group he was with started looking at him before the movie was half way through.

I've observed young men behave similar to this before. Hell, I probably did it at one time or another.

Went with the wife to see it today. We thought it was great. Not the best super-hero movie but defintely not Ghost Rider or Blade 3. I think the only Spider-Man better than this was the original part 2.

I give it a solid "B."

Wasn't perfect and the villains were either silly or their development rushed (per numerous comments) but Gwen and Peter's relationship was the glue of the movie and that delivered in spades. I believed his struggle, her maturity and their very teenage angst driven on again, off again relationship.

I was honestly surprised that they allowed Gwen to die, while central to comic lore and the development of Mr. Parker into an epic hero, Emma Stone is a HUGE draw for viewership.

Everything isn't going to be a cinematic masterpiece. I was entertained and that is why I go to the movies, to be entertained.

rantrant

I wish there was more positivity around comic movies on the boards. We live in an exciting time, many of our favorite characters are getting reimagined on the silver screen and enthralling an entire new generation of "true believers." These movies help secure the future of our cherished heroes (and the value of our comics I might add) for at least another generation. That is enough for me.

:grin:

rantrant

I wish there was more positivity around comic movies on the boards. We live in an exciting time, many of our favorite characters are getting reimagined on the silver screen and enthralling an entire new generation of "true believers." These movies help secure the future of our cherished heroes (and the value of our comics I might add) for at least another generation. That is enough for me.

:grin:

I am positive when it is warranted.

While I am not asking for Shawshank Redemption from a superhero movie, I am still expecting a great story, with the right amount of action. All to often the superhero movie crams to much stuff into it. I want Iron Man 1, Avengers and Captain America Winter Solider. I don't want ASM 3 or Iron Man 3.

Monetarily it didn't do so good. Estimates are coming in at between 90-92 million for the weekend. Weaker than Cap 2's opening weekend of 95+. If we expect a 50% loss on second weekend and an even bigger drop the following weekends (Godzilla and X-Men are going to destroy) then the movie will be lucky to break $250 million, if that. Not a strong sign, given the budget + Marketing costs.

And the lowest opening for a Spider-Man movie, and the Raimi films and ASM 1 didn't have 3D and IMAX to boost ticket prices.