• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a winner. The Rotten Tomatoes reviews were off.

856 posts in this topic

Okay, just finished ASM 2.

- Too much story

- Too much jumping around (other than Oscorp is involved in everything)

- Too much angst

I do agree with many that the emotions between Peter and Gwen came across as sincere. But I can safely say I would never watch that movie again. And that is a shame, as it started off with so much potential.

:(

I bet you wish you rented The Maze Runner now. lol

Okay, just finished ASM 2.

- Too much story

- Too much jumping around (other than Oscorp is involved in everything)

- Too much angst

I do agree with many that the emotions between Peter and Gwen came across as sincere. But I can safely say I would never watch that movie again. And that is a shame, as it started off with so much potential.

:(

I bet you wish you rented The Maze Runner now. lol

Yes.

:cry:

So I am guessing that it wasn't so great a movie.

Still better then the last Tobey Maguire Spiderman movie.

tobey-maguire-spiderman-3-4.png

Not at the box office it didn't.

S3 did nearly $200 MILLION MORE with a smaller budget.

And critically, they'd be at about a dead heat.

Rotten tomatoes tabulated S3 a 6.2/10 and ASM2 a 5.9/10 out of 200+ critic reviews.

ASM2 had a very slight edge in audience reviews: a 3.7/5 from only (200,000 voters) vs S3's 3.3/5 from 2,000,000+ voters)

Rotten tomatoes tabulated S3 a 6.2/10 and ASM2 a 5.9/10 out of 200+ critic reviews.

ASM2 had a very slight edge in audience reviews: a 3.7/5 from only (200,000 voters) vs S3's 3.3/5 from 2,000,000+ voters)

Now that I have seen both movies, if I was forced to watch either (with threat of bamboo under the nails otherwise), SM3 would be my torture of choice over ASM2.

But it would hurt, so bad.

Now that I have seen both movies, if I was forced to watch either (with threat of bamboo under the nails otherwise), SM3 would be my torture of choice over ASM2.

But it would hurt, so bad.

You are a brave soul.

The last Tobey Maguire Spiderman movie was worst then the Batman movies in the 1990s .

Oh wonder why people got turned off with Spidey movies!

Just remember these scenes.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

The last Tobey Maguire Spiderman movie was worst then the Batman movies in the 1990s .

These just remind me that Bryce Dallas Howard played Gwen in SM3, which scores that film a ton of points over ASM2. She was just about that film's lone bright spot, but it was a very bright spot indeed.

You mean 'worse than'.

But that's simply you're opinion. The facts are:

Critics and Audience Reviews were nearly dead even.

Actually, before the 'Amazing' movies, none of the first three Raimi Spidey's did less than 330 Million domestically. The first 'Amazing' movie did $70 MILLION LESS than that and the sequel did $60 million LESS than even THAT.

Even the overseas take of ASM2 that everyone tries to point to, when inflation is factored in was the worst of all of the Spider-man movies and the 'Amazing' films had the benefit of being released after the motion picture industry had considerably opened up the opportunities in foreign countries to a greater degree.

It's performance at the box office is just plain and simply horrible, especially when you consider the amount of money they pumped into this turd.

You can choose a couple of scenes out of S3, but ASM2 as a whole is a nightmare. The advanced special effects (which is simply a benefit the producers had, not any kind of evaluation of their creative process) is about the only thing you can point to as a positive.

S3 was the beginning of Amy Pascal's involvement in the Spider-man franchise (She became Co-Chairperson in 2006), and her hand in cluttering that movie is evident when you look at what happened to the franchise after Raimi left, and she was able to get even more involved.

You can wave your flag all you want, but it's ASM and ASM2 that will be remembered as the Schumacher Batman movies of the Spider-man franchise.

You mean 'worse than'.

But that's simply you're opinion. The facts are:

Critics and Audience Reviews were nearly dead even.

Actually, before the 'Amazing' movies, none of the first three Raimi Spidey's did less than 330 Million domestically. The first 'Amazing' movie did $70 MILLION LESS than that and the sequel did $60 million LESS than even THAT.

Even the overseas take of ASM2 that everyone tries to point to, when inflation is factored in was the worst of all of the Spider-man movies and the 'Amazing' films had the benefit of being released after the motion picture industry had considerably opened up the opportunities in foreign countries to a greater degree.

It's performance at the box office is just plain and simply horrible, especially when you consider the amount of money they pumped into this turd.

You can choose a couple of scenes out of S3, but ASM2 as a whole is a nightmare. The advanced special effects (which is simply a benefit the producers had, not any kind of evaluation of their creative process) is about the only thing you can point to as a positive.

S3 was the beginning of Amy Pascal's involvement in the Spider-man franchise (She became Co-Chairperson in 2006), and her hand in cluttering that movie is evident when you look at what happened to the franchise after Raimi left, and she was able to get even more involved.

You can wave your flag all you want, but it's ASM and ASM2 that will be remembered as the Schumacher Batman movies of the Spider-man franchise.

The rebuttal. :)

Yeah. It sold more tickets. $200 Million more at the box office on a smaller budget.

Sorry. ASM2 was the big loser.

IT FORCED SONY TO BRING MARVEL INTO THE PICTURE AGAIN.

Hello.

So the stage is now set.

What if the next movie is not good?

No guarantees.

Spider-Man seems to be at the crossroads.

Let`s hope Marvel can get the franchise back on track like Nolan got Batman back on track.

:wishluck: