• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a winner. The Rotten Tomatoes reviews were off.

856 posts in this topic

I actually like Garfield in the role. His appearance, though he is 31, comes across as a young outsider. Add to this the Spider-Man powers, and you can see him as Peter Parker having to deal with this new strength that is countered by his uncomfortable demeanor.

ASM 1 wasn't a bad movie. It wasn't great either. But the Lizard character just came across as very odd. I even watched it again last week, and felt the same way.

I can see why so many fans are telling Sony to keep Garfield in the role.

I always saw Garfield as way to cool to be Peter Parker.

And whatever that weird new wave rock-a-billy hairdo it is he has.... yeah - that's just not Peter Parker to me.

I definitely liked Tobey in the role as well in those first two movies. But at this point, he's far enough along (39) that to expect him to keep the role going may be a slight challenge.

Though he is one of those actors that always keeps a much younger look.

MV5BMTYwMTI5NTM2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODk3MDQ2Mg@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Okay, just finished ASM 2.

- Too much story

- Too much jumping around (other than Oscorp is involved in everything)

- Too much angst

I do agree with many that the emotions between Peter and Gwen came across as sincere. But I can safely say I would never watch that movie again. And that is a shame, as it started off with so much potential.

:(

- Too much story

- Too much angst

I do agree with many that the emotions between Peter and Gwen came across as sincere. But I can safely say I would never watch that movie again. And that is a shame, as it started off with so much potential.

How do you compare it with Spider-Man 3 the last Tobey Maguire Spider-Man?

- Too much story

- Too much angst

How do you compare it with Spider-Man 3 the last Tobey Maguire Spider-Man?

Two train wrecks going down the same tracks. But in the case of SM3, at least Venom and Sandman made it interesting enough to watch. The challenge I had with ASM2 is the story was jumping all over the place, and Electro's character design would jump from the traditional Spider-Man villain to Doctor Manhattan.

But I really did see some potential with ASM2. It was just wasted on a very confusing -script and some odd character designs.

Time for a new Spider-Man.

Looks like too much damage control to save Garfield.

Kind of like Brandon Routh as Superman.

And that's the shame of this movie, as I think with the right -script Garfield could work. But this came across so poorly delivered, it would be a challenge to see a ASM3 without some major shakeup hinting at better times.

Time for a new Spider-Man.

Looks like too much damage control to save Garfield.

Kind of like Brandon Routh as Superman.

And that's the shame of this movie, as I think with the right -script Garfield could work. But this came across so poorly delivered, it would be a challenge to see a ASM3 without some major shakeup hinting at better times.

Garfield will have to take the fall. Just way too many people upset.

I hope the next Spider-Man is liked better. (thumbs u

By the way, I had never caught anyone posting that Stan Lee appeared in ASM2.

Even his appearance had no humor or anything fun about it other than Lee saying "I think I know that guy'. It just felt like a forced appearance.

Even his appearance had no humor or anything fun about it other than Lee saying "I think I know that guy'. It just felt like a forced appearance.

i forgot he was in the movie

Most probably because you were trying to erase this from your memory.

:baiting:

fry_melting.gif

I wish I could remember it and forget the rest of the movie.