• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a winner. The Rotten Tomatoes reviews were off.

856 posts in this topic

As much as we want to believe these movies are for the fans, they are not. They are to global audience which many have never read the comics and their basis of these characters are the previous movies and/or the cartoons

Good point. It helps to have an Ed Brubaker for stuff like that though....

Why don`t they do what DC did in the mid-1980s?

Superman and Batman were both mediocre by then, so DC paid big bucks to John Byrne and Frank Miller, and rest as they say was great history!

Marvel/Disney should take out the wallet and pay Ed Brubaker the big bucks to do to Spider-Man what Byrne and Miller did to Superman and Batman.

Good point. It helps to have an Ed Brubaker for stuff like that though....

Why don`t they do what DC did in the mid-1980s?

Superman and Batman were both mediocre by then, so DC paid big bucks to John Byrne and Frank Miller, and rest as they say was great history!

Marvel/Disney should take out the wallet and pay Ed Brubaker the big bucks to do to Spider-Man what Byrne and Miller did to Superman and Batman.

They didn't give them big bucks, they gave them greater creative freedom and residuals.

Marvel feels Spider-man is being done right. It's currently averaging over 100,000 copies a month.

It's like they're holding the power of the Infinity Gauntlet in their hands and using it to microwave food.

10 Must Haves For The SPIDER-MAN Reboot

----------------------

1. No Origin Story

2. New Villains

3. However, Don’t Forget The Oldies

4. Have Some Fun

5. High School, Man

6. A Kick :censored: Soundtrack

7. Creative Control

8. A Killer Screenplay

9. Hire The Perfect Director Or Directors (Take The Hint)

10. No Logan Lerman

----------------------

I saw this a few days ago. To me this speaks to what is going wrong with the Spider-Man movies.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/01/08/bendis-recalls-his-role-in-bringing-spideys-mechanical-webshooters-to-life/

If this is true it shows just how weak whoever is directing and writing the movie is. There shouldn't be a committee / corporate management vote over web shooters. They were always one of the better aspects of the Spider-Man character.

These movies might be for a mass audience. But that doesn't mean you should ignore who the character is. And these studios still sell the movie at Comic Con. So they know they need comic fans to help spread the word.

I saw this a few days ago. To me this speaks to what is going wrong with the Spider-Man movies.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/01/08/bendis-recalls-his-role-in-bringing-spideys-mechanical-webshooters-to-life/

If this is true it shows just how weak whoever is directing and writing the movie is. There shouldn't be a committee / corporate management vote over web shooters. They were always one of the better aspects of the Spider-Man character.

These movies might be for a mass audience. But that doesn't mean you should ignore who the character is. And these studios still sell the movie at Comic Con. So they know they need comic fans to help spread the word.

???

We all keep saying Spider-Man needs to be fixed, but yet Spider-Man was 2014`s best-selling comic.

Marvel and Spider-Man dominated comic book sales in 2014!

It's successful sales have been mentioned.

A #1 reboot bringing the character back was a big part of that. With all the incentives it sold 500,000+ copies. It seems to have revitalized sales and the Spider-Verse crossover has been a hit.

Even those reading it are inbetween on if they like it.

Critics seem to like it:

http://comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/marvel-comics/amazing-spider-man-(2014)

If you take out the .1-.4 issues the average would probably be even higher.

I am interested to see where sales go next year though.

From the site where 'Holly #1' is the highest rated comic of the week.

The only mainstream comic on there that got a bad review was Aquaman. lol

Do you guys really still fall for that Wizard comic 'review' trick these days?

Can't they just make comic books simple again?

youngblood-1cover.jpg

'1st Exciting Issue' - so I know ahead of time to be very excited.

:(

Critics seem to like it:

http://comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/marvel-comics/amazing-spider-man-(2014)

Did I say I agreed? (shrug) I think if you've read my posts, you'd know otherwise.

Can't they just make comic books simple again?

youngblood-1cover.jpg

'1st Exciting Issue' - so I know ahead of time to be very excited.

:(

Here's someone giving the Youngblood HC Collection a positive review! (It's about half way down)

Youngblood Review

Critics seem to like it:

Did I say I agreed? (shrug) I think if you've read my posts, you'd know otherwise.

And I'm not saying Slott's run has been bad. It's been fun- just not as good as I'd hoped.

I actually like Garfield in the role. His appearance, though he is 31, comes across as a young outsider. Add to this the Spider-Man powers, and you can see him as Peter Parker having to deal with this new strength that is countered by his uncomfortable demeanor.

ASM 1 wasn't a bad movie. It wasn't great either. But the Lizard character just came across as very odd. I even watched it again last week, and felt the same way.

I can see why so many fans are telling Sony to keep Garfield in the role.