• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: AVENGERS #1

20 posts in this topic

Thanks gang. I was leaning towards 2.0 myself because of the water damage.

Oddly enough I think it's got decent eye appeal for a low grade copy.

He's asking $800.00 CDN for it. Do you think that's a bargain? I've got GPA, but I admit to not being familiar with the market for AVENGERS #1. It's not on my immediate list, but I ALWAYS buy MARVEL SA mega-keys if the price is right.

In the event you decided to have it graded CGC is notoriously tough on stains... It also has a missing bottom corner and what looks to be two different sets of writing on the back cover. One appears to be marker the other pencil. IMO that book would grade out at around 1.8-2.0. I would have passed on it as well.

I passed on it. I personally don't like the type of defects (water stains and rust) to keep it, and it's not cheap enough to flip.

Very smart move,you wouldn't have been happy with that one.

I passed on it. I personally don't like the type of defects (water stains and rust) to keep it, and it's not cheap enough to flip.

Very smart move,you wouldn't have been happy with that one.

(thumbs u

It's being offered by another of those overnight wannabe comic book dealers who go out and buy expensive lots because they have a well-paying day job, but know close to nothing about the comic market/hobby. Such as offering pricey books graded as "2.0-2.5" or "somewhere between 4.5-6.5".

*sigh*