• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Archie #1 remainder copy restored

25 posts in this topic

Hey all, :hi: it has been a long while since I have posted any work, and thought this would be a good one to post. I am doing very exciting things with remainder copies, and thought it would be fun to share this particular book. The pages are not done yet, so I only have pictures of the cover flat ATM.

So here is what I had to work with:

IMG-25.jpg

DSC07757-1.jpg

So, I washed the cover, leaf-casted in new paper to fill in the area missing, and then re-created all the art.

DSC08737.jpg

On the front outside I first drew all the line work, then filled in the color with paint. If you look close enough you can tell it was hand done, as there are plenty of line mistakes, but I am still happy with the results considering the level of work involved doing something completely by hand.

The picture below is to show how naturally flexible it turned out, another thing I am really happy with, as it was hard to develop a process that would be that flexible.

DSC08739.jpg

The inside had to be done a totally different way.

DSC08741.jpg

There was no way I could do this by hand, too much detail, and text involved. So how I did this was to paint the off-white, and then use my proprietary ink transfer method to apply the black.

Again, it isn't perfect, but well enough that I am satisfied with the results.

Truly an incredible job!

Do you think my remainder copy of DETECTIVE #168 would benefit substantially

from a similar "face-lift"?

8404797589_d7dc36ff8b.jpg

8472913863_641f5a93eb.jpg

mm