• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So this dude from Houston came to Dallas to pick up his HA auction win...

93 posts in this topic

Jeebus.

I think I chose the wrong career.

How great would it be to work in an industry where all you have to have is normal business sense, normal social skills and normal integrity, to tower over your competition?

And then you have someone like Richard, who goes beyond just normal (particularly in the towering part), and the benefits are clear.

Yep. There's being a "big fish in a small pond", then there's being a 1000 lb tuna in a swimming pool.

It just doesn't pay to be COY. :shy:

Action #15 holds a special place for me. When I was 16 years old, I bought a VF copy of Action #15 for $650. It was the crown jewel of my collection for years.

A TALL congrats to you Richard! (thumbs u

Jeebus.

How great would it be to work in an industry where all you have to have is normal business sense, normal social skills and normal integrity, to tower over your competition?

And then you have someone like Richard, who goes beyond just normal (particularly in the towering part), and the benefits are clear.

Yep. There's being a "big fish in a small pond", then there's being a 1000 lb tuna in a swimming pool.

It just doesn't pay to be COY. :shy:

lol Touché.

Congrats sir! That is truely awesome! Very cool to be displayed in one of your stores for us pheasants to see! :)

Thanks. Hopefully the framing will be done by early next week.

I hope all of you birds get a chance to come by and see it!

Which store will it be in and, more importantly, how much are the mints?

It will be at the Westheimer store.

We have candy sticks for fifty cents!

Jeebus.

Without the, y'know, chlorine and vacuum sucker thingie....

Congrats sir! That is truely awesome! Very cool to be displayed in one of your stores for us pheasants to see! :)

I can't wait to see that cover!

Which store will it be in and, more importantly, how much are the mints?

It will be at the Westheimer store.

We have candy sticks for fifty cents!

What is the board member discount on the candy sticks?

Congratulations on an amazing piece Richard.

Is there any way you could share and snip me off a piece of it?

Rick:

Whats the back story on this piece? How did it survive to be brought forward to this day? So much of the artwork of that time was destroyed, etc.

Congratulations on acquiring this gem.