• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your choice 10k each...

121 posts in this topic

Agreed at least the PL for this. Terms were met, seller decided not to sell. I also have a feeling the book was sold too, just under the person who originally bought it. I'm blocking the seller simply because I can't trust him and this is coming from someone that was ready to plunk down 10k.

I had a Strange Tales 110 that I was selling. Via PM, the buyer offered me $300 less than someone else did while I was discussing the sale with him. You know what I did? I told the person that offered $300 more that I already sold the book to someone else. That's how you do things here.

I sold another book shipping to US included. He turned out to be in Canada and the shipping fees were double. You know what I did? I shipped the book and paid it....

I'm sure the book is sold. Just not to the person who is supposed to get it. I even offered to buy it when I heard it wasn't being sold to anyone, but cash when I see it. If you can't produce the book with cash in hand then Houston we have a problem.

Where are we supposed to post comments on sales threads? Especially ones where the sales didn't go through?

I had a Strange Tales 110 that I was selling. Via PM, the buyer offered me $300 less than someone else did while I was discussing the sale with him. You know what I did? I told the person that offered $300 more that I already sold the book to someone else. That's how you do things here.

Are you saying a seller is obligated (morally) to take the first offer that comes in, even if less? Or did you already commit to sell to the lower offeror before the higher offer came in?

Are you saying a seller is obligated (morally) to take the first offer that comes in, even if less? Or did you already commit to sell to the lower offeror before the higher offer came in?

The book was on hold (not even an official hold) with the original buyer. The second offer came in from buyer 2 that was $300 higher. Since it was on hold with the original buyer, I felt obligated to sell it to him because he was trying to arrange payment on an agreed price which was still unclear if he could do it. Then a higher offer came in and I turned it down once the original buyer was able to pay. Morals? Not sure. Probably more ethical than anything else.

Once a sale is agreed between two parties, it's binding, unless both parties agree to terminate the transaction.

Once a sale is agreed between two parties, it's binding, unless both parties agree to terminate the transaction.

That goes w/out saying. Doesn't answer my question tho.

The implication is that he isn't morally obligated to accept the first offer, only that if he accepts it, that's it, regardless of later, higher offers.

The implication is that he isn't morally obligated to accept the first offer, only that if he accepts it, that's it, regardless of later, higher offers.

Absolutely, agree 100%.

Seller's remorse because it sold so quickly? (shrug) I don't get it.

That's the only thing that makes sense, considering that both willing buyers are making it very easy for the seller.

I think the seller got spooked when a couple of commenters said how big of a steal the sale was. Those comments had no place in the thread. 2c

I agree that comments like that have no place in a sales thread.

I don't think the seller left tons of money on the table either. It's not like it was a $15K book that he gave away for $10K and left a fortune behind. He may have netted slightly more at auction but after any sort of consignment fee he'd have netted the same or less.

+1

I didn't see this as a "Killer" deal. Just a "nice" buy.

I'm sure the book is sold. Just not to the person who is supposed to get it. I even offered to buy it when I heard it wasn't being sold to anyone, but cash when I see it. If you can't produce the book with cash in hand then Houston we have a problem.

Yeah, the book is definitely sold. I'm almost worried there is another buyer lurking. :eek:

Where are we supposed to post comments on sales threads? Especially ones where the sales didn't go through?

General Discussion Thread

Absolutely, agree 100%.

Per many seller's rules in here, I'm not sure this is always the case. It's very common to see a seller with a rule that states something similar to "PMs are welcome, but first :takeit: in the thread wins." I had this happen to me as a buyer not too long ago. I waited quite a while after a book had been posted to make an offer via PM on it. After some consideration, the seller (maybe reluctantly) finally accepted. Of course, as soon as I went to post the :takeit: in the thread, another buyer posted it with no conditions. I just let it go with no complaints.

I know some buyers like to remain anonymous, but it might be a good idea to require the buyer to post in the thread that he/she wants it, then they have first claim on it.

For what ever the reason the "seller" created this fiasco the real implications to him, is that his future on the boards for sales will be ? Honestly who is going to take him seriously? The difference this would have brought in auction over the auction vig would be negligible at best.

The ability to sell comics of this caliber and price range and not pay a percentage on the boards is a luxury not a right. I would imagine his ability to sell here in the future will be tempered at best. Total cluster #**@

Unknown_zps9bfeb3a0.jpeg

The whole situation is a mess and could have been handled better, but I am not prepared to crucify and blackball the seller over this one instance. No one on here has ever handled every deal they have ever done perfectly. And if you think you have, PM me so I know to stay away from you.

I am sure the seller will learn from this and if he doesn't then maybe it is best to avoid him.

The whole situation is a mess and could have been handled better, but I am not prepared to crucify and blackball the seller over this one instance. No one on here has ever handled every deal they have ever done perfectly. And if you think you have, PM me so I know to stay away from you.

I am sure the seller will learn from this and if he doesn't then maybe it is best to avoid him.

I agree, I doubt the seller had bad intentions, and I bet the seller will never make this specific mistake again or anything close to it. My guess would be that going forward he would have the most exhaustive and clear sales rules of any boardie.

I truly believe both books have been sold by now via pm and heading to their new destination. At this point it appears there is no way Quadman is getting that book. Hope I am wrong though. :(