• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Philip Weiss auction...

25 posts in this topic

Anyone pick up anything in today's auction? I nabbed the Adventure #46. Been look for a copy for years. They graded it VG-, but we'll see what CGC thinks.

I was watching that book. Congrats Nearmint on the pickup! The adv. 40 sold for $25k (plus any buyer's fees) (worship)

Anyone pick up anything in today's auction? I nabbed the Adventure #46. Been look for a copy for years. They graded it VG-, but we'll see what CGC thinks.

I was watching that book. Congrats Nearmint on the pickup! The adv. 40 sold for $25k (plus any buyer's fees) (worship)

DK, what grade was the 40 in ?

please tell me u paid a butt load of money so I don't feel bad for missing it doh!

DK, what grade was the 40 in ?

I think the grade is around a VG/FN. There's a stain at the right corner going through all the pages and back cover.

Here is what I know..

Superman #1 coverless copy and missing pages 15-19 sold for $3000

Superman #2 CGC 7.0 sold for $8750

Batman #1 with what seems to have excessive resto. (around VGish range?) sold for $12,000

Adventure #42 $3200

Adventure #44 $1800

Adv. #47 $650

The auction consisted of a run of Adventure Comics. Nice book that were sold today.

I got the Adventure #'s 59, 60, 65, 67. Ranged from good to very good+. I thought I got them at reasonable prices. Hope there are no surprises about the grades.

What's the story on the "Western Mass" designation.

G

A lot of their books seemed overgraded from what they graded. I hope those who won are happy with their purchase. Prices were indeed strong and no real bargains to be had. With 20% buyer's fee plus 8.95% tax, I couldn't be more aggressive :(