• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Legend has passed. H.R. Giger 1940-2014

39 posts in this topic

Just read the news a few minutes ago, so sad. Never would have expected him to go at such a relatively young age. I have most of his art books in hardcover, will have to pull them out tonight. I was a huge "Alien" fan as a kid (and still today, of course) and that lead me to check out Necronomicon, etc. when I was a teen. Made a huge impression on me. No one else looked like Giger before Giger. His was a singular vision.

Really sad news. his art was incredibly unique. I've got HR+ Necronomicon 1 and 2 locked up in storage. I'm gonna have to dig them out at the weekend.

Unsurprisingly my incredibly dull art teacher frowned upon Giger's usual subject matter but I was always intrigued by the way he could warp the human physique into something truly fantastical.

Plus he was a huge inspiration behind my all-time favourite movie, Alien.

My condolences to his family and friends :(

Really sad news. his art was incredibly unique. I've got HR+ Necronomicon 1 and 2 locked up in storage. I'm gonna have to dig them out at the weekend.

Unsurprisingly my incredibly dull art teacher frowned upon Giger's usual subject matter but I was always intrigued by the way he could warp the human physique into something truly fantastical.

Plus he was a huge inspiration behind my all-time favourite movie, Alien.

My condolences to his family and friends :(

Your art teacher didn't have any imagination :P

Giger's Alien is one creature I wouldn't want near me :eek:

He created new nightmares for sci-fi fans :fear: