• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Constantine TV Trailer

574 posts in this topic

Matt Ryan Has A Message For Constantine Fans

NA-117389.JPG

Over the weekend, Ryan appeared at Heroes & Villains Fan Fest, alongside several actors from Arrow and The Flash. ComicBook.com had the chance to catch up with the actor regarding a potential future for his role as Constantine.

"Never say never, right?" Ryan said. It was the best he could offer, not knowing whether or not fans should actually expect to see Constantine pop up on television again.

He does, however, has a meesage for those fans.

"I'd just like to say 'Thank you fans for all the support you've given me from playing this character. It's such an iconic role and to have you guys support me is just a fantastic thing so thank you very, very much."

The only difference between the Blu-Ray and DVD set from what I have read is the video quality. There are no additional extras in the box with a Blu-Ray edition, nor a Ultraviolet HD code. Warner must have rushed this out so quickly, they didn't even bother.

Blu-ray Review: Constantine: The Complete Series

The Extras: There’s a trailer; a Constantine: On The Set featurette isn’t very long or detailed, but it’s still good press kit type material and interviews. Interestingly, these extras still have “Watch Constantine Fridays on NBC” tags on them; I was surprised they weren’t edited out for the DVD release. It is a shame no featurette was done with Dave Blass about the incredible Mill set from the show; in all of the TV show sets I have been to, that one might be a favorite. The 2014 Comic-Con panel for the show is there, which is great because I wasn’t able to be there for it, and the “DC Comics Night at Comic-Con 2014” panel is also represented, featuring the casts of Arrow, The Flash, and Gotham as well.

I’m disappointed that there are no deleted scenes; there were a few alternate takes in the first version of the Constantine pilot that could have been included, easily. I also realize this is an Archive release, but episodic commentary by the writers or actors, even in one place, would have been so cool.

Matt Ryan's CONSTANTINE Is Finally Returning To Television...As An Animated Series On CW Seed

7CucVA5.png

The CW has confirmed today that Matt Ryan will reprise the role in six or seven ten minute episodes; that's only equivalent to one and a half regular forty minute instalments, but still exciting news for fans.

DC TV regular Greg Berlanti is producing the show, and he'll be joined by the live-action version's co-creator and executive producer David S. Goyer. Apparently, there are no current plans for Ryan to reprise the role on television, but The CW President Mark Pedowitz said at the TCA Winter Press Tour today that they would like to see him back as his first appearance "added dimension" to Arrow.

:o

:whee:

It's a start!

Matt Ryan's CONSTANTINE Is Finally Returning To Television...As An Animated Series On CW Seed

7CucVA5.png

The CW has confirmed today that Matt Ryan will reprise the role in six or seven ten minute episodes; that's only equivalent to one and a half regular forty minute instalments, but still exciting news for fans.

DC TV regular Greg Berlanti is producing the show, and he'll be joined by the live-action version's co-creator and executive producer David S. Goyer. Apparently, there are no current plans for Ryan to reprise the role on television, but The CW President Mark Pedowitz said at the TCA Winter Press Tour today that they would like to see him back as his first appearance "added dimension" to Arrow.

:o

:whee:

It's a start!

:takeit:

Matt Ryan: 'Constantine' Animated Series Will Adapt 'Hellblazer' Comic, But Will The Show Continue Where Season 1 Ended?

After casting countless spells of our own, fans were finally rewarded this year with news that Constantine would return as an animated show on The CW Seed. Since then though, we've been endlessly chain-smoking while waiting for further developments on the highly anticipated cartoon.

Fortunately, actor Matt Ryan was on hand recently at the Heroes & Villains Fan Fest in London, finally updating fans with news on Constantine's return in animated form. Story wise, things remain unclear:

"I've just got the -script for [Constantine]. It's big. All I know thus far is that we're going to take very popular Hellblazer story lines and adapt them, working out the exact dates we can do the recording. I'm really looking forward to seeing which comic we will adapt."

During our own interview with Matt Ryan, we asked the star to clarify which stories he would personally like to see explored one day, whether it's in the upcoming cartoon or a live-action revival of the show:

"There are 300 issues of the Hellblazer comic ... There are so many great story lines that I would have loved to have seen us do on the TV show. I would have loved to go to the Dangerous Habits story, but that would have been explored in Season 6 if we had continued. But there are so many great stories to tell, so we shall see."

However, the success of #JusticeLeagueDark may lead the cartoon's creators to lead off from there instead, further exploring the relationship between Constantine and Zatanna that was hinted at in the film's final scene. As #DC's latest animated movie, Justice League Dark was a huge success and Ryan's involvement in the project would certainly help form links between that and the upcoming Constantine series more easily.

"I'm looking forward to seeing what we can do with [Constantine] in this context. It was great being him in the Justice League Dark animation because you get to see him interact with Zatanna, Deadman and Batman. Also, what world is it part of? I'm really excited to see what we're going to do."

'Constantine' Animated Series Poster Revealed

constantine-animated-series-poster-artwo

With Constantine coming to New York Comic Con this weekend, Warner Bros. Animation and The CW have revealed the first official poster for the Constantine animated series.  As for what the show is about, the official press release describes it as such:

"John Constantine ... a seasoned demon hunter and master of the occult. Armed with an arcane knowledge of the dark arts and a wicked wit, he fights the good fight. With his soul already damned to hell, he’ll do whatever it takes to protect the innocent. With the balance of good and evil on the line‎, Constantine uses his skills to face the supernatural terrors that threaten our world and send them back where they belong. After that, who knows… maybe there’s hope for him and his soul after all."

Constantine will premiere on The CW Seed in early 2018.

Marc Bernardin Pitched a Lucifer/Constantine Miniseries on Twitter, and Everyone Wants In

A week after Lucifer Morningstar (Tom Ellis) made his first appearance in the Arrowverse as part of the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" crossover event, Fatman Beyond host Marc Bernardin took to social media to pitch Warner Bros. on a miniseries teaming Lucifer with John Constantine (Matt Ryan) -- and both Ryan and Lucifer executive producer Joe Henderson are up for it. The pair shared a scene in "Crisis," in which it was implied that there was some complicated backstory that involved Mazikeen (Lesley-Ann Brandt) and was maybe a little contentious. Bernardin's pitch would be a road trip story, taking the pair from coast to coast.

There's no word yet on whether Lucifer might have another scene when "Crisis on Infinite Earths" comes back to finish its five-episode run on January 14. That said, a crossover like this one might be a good post--script to "Crisis," given that the Arrowverse producers have to be wondering how to even attempt a follow-up to such a huge event.

"Dear Warner Bros. TV: I would like to do a miniseries, starring [Tom Ellis and Matt Ryan], following Lucifer and John Constantine as they drive from LA to NYC, leaving broken hearts and scorched earth in their wake," Bernardin tweeted. "Call it...Highway to Hell. Give me money."

And not only are we completely on board with giving him the money for such a project, but apparently so are the key people who would have to be involved in it, with both Henderson and Ryan expressing approval via GIF in the comments that followed. Fans and other entertainers have also jumped into the thread, tagging Warner Bros. TV as much as they can and suggesting it would be a fun project for the HBO Max streaming service.

Constantine ran for a single season on NBC before being cancelled. The character -- and Ryan -- transitioned into the Arrowverse, appearing first on Arrow and later on DC's Legends of Tomorrow, where he is now a series regular. Lucifer ran for three seasons on FOX before being cancelled and heading to Netflix. A fourth season has already been released, with a fifth and final season currently in production and targeted for 2020.

:wishluck: