• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Constantine TV Trailer

574 posts in this topic

One thing to consider too is that we all can admit that audiences didn't want to take the journey of a series to see John's soul saved.

Look back at some of the more lengthy running funnybook TV shows like Smallville (Clark's journey into becoming the Man of Steel) or The Incredible Hulk (Bill Bixby's race for a cure).

If they get back on their feet again, they might want to try a new angle (past continuity be damned!) for the character to better connect with the mainstream. My 2c

They easily could give John Constantine a young female protege to mentor and protect, ala his roll in Books of Magic w/Timothy Hunter. Show her the sorcerer-ing ropes around the DCMU, lots of magical guest-characters. Teenage angst, defiance, humor, a tender moment or two, death, destruction and consequences.

Works for Harry Dresden.

I wouldn't watch it, but it'd probably pick up more viewers.

I'm just going to go back and read my Hellblazer TPBs, I'm thinking that is the only place I'm going to be able to get my Constantine fix.

There's always Keanu too. ;)

Whoah!

CONSTANTINE Fans Rally To Encourage The CW To Pick Up The Show

NBC might have passed on bringing back Constantine for a second season, but the show still has a devoted fan base that hopes the series will find life elsewhere. In particular, Constantine fans are targeting The CW, hoping that CW executives will see Constantine as a match made in heaven for their network.

There are a number of compelling reasons why Constantine could be a great fit for The CW, which has found great success with DC Comics shows in the past. One of the biggest benefits to The CW is that Constantine built a very loyal fan base during its first season on NBC, and loyal fan bases tend to follow a show regardless of which network it airs on. If Constantine did nothing but merely maintain its viewing audience from NBC, it would instantly be one of The CW’s highest rated shows.

In addition to the ratings, Constantine is a great fit for The CW’s programming schedule. In an interview with Comicbook.com, Arrow executive producer Marc Guggenheim expressed his interest in a crossover with Constantine. Guggenheim said, “We’ve had a lot of discussions in the writer’s room about it. We have a lot of really good ideas, one in particular that I think is really fantastic. If it’s feasible and it remains organic to the story, it’s absolutely something we would do.”

MnMgVdb.jpg

The series was great imo, just difficult for mainstream to digest.

Phantom Stranger, Dr.Fate and Spectre show similar to twilight zone focusing on various relics of the dc universe told in a simple way would have got it done,

called Showcase or something like DC Vertigo showcase

an entry point into JL Dark

an entry point into Tim hunter there ya go retcon him to not look like Harry Potter

farm constantine stories ( we have a world of awesome villains and anti hero angels demons amophic beings immortals and we get papa midnight?? reallly>>>??)

entry into Shade changing man story entry into suicide squad tie over

entry point into the endless and various easter eggs (worlds end tavern) thesally, etc..)

entry point into swamp thing

why cant hollywood get this right?

I think Matt nailed Constantine - much better portrayal than I ever expected to get - but the show took too long finding it's footing, and with a network like NBC, you can't afford to do that.

Also, and I know it was on a Big Network, but the show was too formulaic... however, that was something else they seemed to be moving a little bit away from as the season wore on.

As a 20+ year Hellblazer fan, I'd like to see the show come back and get a chance to see them continue to improve, but I'm extremely dubious that it will happen.

Yeah, they got Supernatural a similar show, plus Legends of Tomorrow coming.

That really shouldn't matter. A good show will produce ratings, which will yield higher advertising dollars.

But I do understand they don't want to be type cast.

It`s about time HBO did a comic book TV show!

Like Spawn the animated series? :wink:

That was a great show!

Imagine what HBO could do with Constantine?

On a serious note. It might be too late for Constantine to be picked up by another network. Networks like to create their own thing, and not be step-creators.

Has any network recently picked up another network`s step-child these last 5 years, and had any ratings success?

I think this mind-set will affect if Constantine gets picked up or not.

That really shouldn't matter. A good show will produce ratings, which will yield higher advertising dollars.

It does matter. They would have four super hero shows.

Arrow

Flash

Legends of Tomorrow

Constantine

plus Supernatural.

CW is a small network. Cannibalization of the ratings could happen.

That`s why I would say it`s unlikely CW would pick it up.

CW wants to promote Legends of Tomorrow, so it gets good ratings.

Having Constantine on board could affect that.

Has any network recently picked up another network`s step-child these last 5 years, and had any ratings success?

Well, it's been ALOT more than 5 years but I do recall Stargate SG-1 went from a ho-hum Showtime run to a spectacularly expanded SciFi channel run and eventually blew up into a huge franchise when it transitioned to SyFy.

And yet here is the CEO of Disney considering a very bold move.

Disney CEO Bob Iger Considering the Creation of MARVEl and STAR WARS TV Channels

During an Investors Conference Call for the Disney Corporation, CEO Bob Iger uttered the following, "We have said that with these channels and these brands -- ESPN, ABC, Disney, maybe even down the road something related to Star Wars and Marvel -- we do have an ability as a company to take product, specifically filmed entertainment, television, movies, directly to consumers." This call was reported by the Site Daily Finance, who claimed that this statement directly alluded to the Creation of Television channels based on Disney's Blockbuster Properties.

I think for this to work, Disney would have to be open to running Marvel properties that were created by more than just Marvel Studios to keep the hours full of product. You can't have 'Guardians of the Galaxy 24-Hour Marathon Day' too often.

they've said it would be a streaming based service, not necessarily a channel on regular cable/satellite. I think they could pull it off if it was a single combined channel and they included all their cartoon content