• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Constantine TV Trailer

574 posts in this topic

OH MY!!!

DC Comics’ Constantine Coming to ‘Arrow’ on The CW

He even posted a video to confirm it.

I don't want to get too excited yet that something good came from all this mishandling.

More details how John will factor into an Arrow appearance.

Surprising New Details On CONSTANTINE's ARROW Role; How Is 'White Canary' Involved?

Describing it as a "one-time only deal", Guggenheim had this to say about how Constantine's arrival will shake things up. "Each year on the show, we have added and expanded the mythology with different elements. In Season 2 we introduced the idea of superpowers, last year brought in the League of Assassins, and for Season 4, we always had a plan to introduce magic and mysticism. We were already swimming in those waters and that's why Constantine is this great organic little development."

So, what brings Constantine to Star City anyway? The executive producer didn't want to give too much away, but teased that it will come from the fallout of Sara Lance being resurrected in the Lazarus Pit. "Unlike Thea, who wasn’t fully dead, the consequences of using the pit on someone as dead as Sara was creates some unforeseen difficulties...and John Constantine is uniquely suited to help our team deal with those."

Please make it more than a one-time appearance.

:wishluck:

More details how John will factor into an Arrow appearance.

Surprising New Details On CONSTANTINE's ARROW Role; How Is 'White Canary' Involved?

Describing it as a "one-time only deal", Guggenheim had this to say about how Constantine's arrival will shake things up. "Each year on the show, we have added and expanded the mythology with different elements. In Season 2 we introduced the idea of superpowers, last year brought in the League of Assassins, and for Season 4, we always had a plan to introduce magic and mysticism. We were already swimming in those waters and that's why Constantine is this great organic little development."

So, what brings Constantine to Star City anyway? The executive producer didn't want to give too much away, but teased that it will come from the fallout of Sara Lance being resurrected in the Lazarus Pit. "Unlike Thea, who wasn’t fully dead, the consequences of using the pit on someone as dead as Sara was creates some unforeseen difficulties...and John Constantine is uniquely suited to help our team deal with those."

Please make it more than a one-time appearance.

i think these can be CW way of testing the water to see how fans react to the character and if is their a reason of having a show.

i think these can be CW way of testing the water to see how fans react to the character and if is their a reason of having a show.

I'm thinking (and hoping) the same exact thing.

What if that Arrow episode is the highest rated for an extended period of time?

Quite possibly he gets asked if he wants to join the cast of Legends of Tomorrow. Since it's (apparently?) going to be a semi-kinda-anthology series and not really a team show (?), it might work for him. They might look at the Constantine ratings & say "well, it can't quite support its own show, but it might fit this format on an anthology show a little more"

At least that would be my guess. I'm pretty sure it's not a team show so much as a bunch of solo characters doing their own thing and sometimes interacting. I could have sworn I read that somewhere.

I really like the way Strain keeps flashing back to the past and fills in blanks every couple episodes. I think Constantine would have benefitted from showing clips of John as a young man and filling in some of the blanks of how he got to this point in his life.

Greg Berlanti Open to More John Constantine on The Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow

Greg Berlanti says that while John Constantine's Arrow appearance is planned as a one-off thing, that doesn't mean he's saying the character won't make more appearances beyond the planned Season Four guest spot -- including possibly guesting on The Flash down the line.

“I’ve learned to never say never because so much has happened that I didn’t think would happen with the characters and the shows and the universes that we’re all getting to build and play in,” Berlanti told Zap2it.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...

Greg Berlanti Open to More John Constantine on The Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow

Greg Berlanti says that while John Constantine's Arrow appearance is planned as a one-off thing, that doesn't mean he's saying the character won't make more appearances beyond the planned Season Four guest spot -- including possibly guesting on The Flash down the line.

“I’ve learned to never say never because so much has happened that I didn’t think would happen with the characters and the shows and the universes that we’re all getting to build and play in,” Berlanti told Zap2it.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...

They're just being cautious with the optimism....but honestly they just opened the floodgates for SO MANY COOL THINGS to happen! This is going to take Arrow and Flash as well as the DCCU to a whole new level of possibility and interest.

This is almost BETTER than Constantine having his own show on NBC. He really needed to be integrated into a channel and into an environment where he can be appreciated and not dumped on by network executives.

This smells like total full-metal WIN!

And it's a triple serving of awesome with awesome sauce all over it.

El Rey Network Nabs ‘Constantine’ And Others In Deal With Warner Bros TV Distribution

Robert Rodriguez’s El Rey Network has acquired off-network cable rights for all episodes of series Constantine and Almost Human in a multiyear deal with Warner Bros Domestic TV Distribution. Both will roll out in November. The network also acquired V: The Series, the V miniseries, Mortal Kombat: Conquest, Freddy’s Nightmares, The Twilight Zone (2002) and Night Visions.

Freddy’s Nightmares and Mortal Kombat also will bow this year on El Rey, with the others premiering in 2016. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.