• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bone Hardcover Prices Going Crazy

16 posts in this topic

I bid on the one that ended at $175, but my max was $100. These are really nice books, and they've been signed. I'm a huge fan of Bone, and have the first printing of the softcover. 2000 isn't a huge print run, but I'd guess that the price should come down. The retail price is $125, so I'd think the prices should settle around there.

But there doesn't seem to be that many up on eBay. I think that a fair number of these were bought by collectors, so not all of them will make it to the secondary market. Currently, there are only 3:

Auction #1

Auction #2

Auction #3

Interestingly, Auction #3 had a BIN of $150, but people bid rather than hit the BIN. It'll be interesting to see if these go for more than $150.

My LCS had a few in store a few weeks back, the last of their original order.

With the unbelieveable demand for em, the quickness they were snapped up, I'd think it in the publisher's best interested to whip out a 2nd printing of the HC. I want one, but just haven't been in the mood to spend the cash.

It'll be interesting to see if these go for more than $150.

I'd bet they all go over $150. The price has gone up for every auction so far.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want one, but just haven't been in the mood to spend the cash.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I felt the same way so I went with the soft cover for $40.

I felt the same way, but I will kick myself if I don't get the one that's sitting at my LCS right now, and the prices keep going up.

It'll be interesting to see if these go for more than $150.

I'd bet they all go over $150. The price has gone up for every auction so far.

Quote:

I want one, but just haven't been in the mood to spend the cash.

I felt the same way so I went with the soft cover for $40.

I felt the same way, but I will kick myself if I don't get the one that's sitting at my LCS right now, and the prices keep going up.

If my LCS had a HC I'd buy it and sell it on Ebay to pay for the SC. thumbsup2.gif

If my LCS had a HC I'd buy it and sell it on Ebay to pay for the SC.

That's a good idea. I went to the LCS last night and picked it up, so now I just need to decide if I should sell it, or hang onto it.

Prices on HCs are unpredictable, but I think this one might have staying power. I think it's unlikely to be reprinted in the future, so there will always be a limited supply for a nice edition. The From Hell HC, if you can find it, goes for double what it came out for, and there are only 1000 copies. Wish I had held onto mine.

Prices on HCs are unpredictable, but I think this one might have staying power. I think it's unlikely to be reprinted in the future, so there will always be a limited supply for a nice edition. The From Hell HC, if you can find it, goes for double what it came out for, and there are only 1000 copies. Wish I had held onto mine.

Thanks. Looks like you are correct for the time being.

Here's another one:

$182!

I love the 'From Hell' HC too.

Thanks. Looks like you are correct for the time being.

Here's another one:

$182!

I love the 'From Hell' HC too.

bone always was one of those titles that i everythime i entered on a comicstore i would say "one day i'm going to get all the trades", but now with this great edition being published i'm seriouslly thinking on getting it...what are your advices gang?!

anyone read/bought bone?!

thanks for the advices...

regards, Pedro.

ps- by the way, do you know if this HC includes the mini-series done on the title (for ex: rose)?!

I loved Bone when it came out. I got thrown off a little when he introduced "the hum" as it sounded too much like "the force" as reinvented by a little kid, which it probably was. But on the whole, it's a really wonderful piece of work.

There was a small involvement of Bone with Disney in the mid-90s. There was a 4-page color Bone story in a Disney Adventures digest magazine in 1996, IIRC. I actually have it, and it's a pretty funny little story involving Fone, Phoney, a treasure map, and dirty laundry. And I think Disney did some reprints. Anyway, I don't know about Disney at the moment, but Scholastic Reader has gotten the rights to reprint Bone in color. From what the LCS guy told me, the current trades are going out of print but Scholastic will print them again targeted for kids, which probably means 3-4 issue books instead of 6-9 issues. So maybe the original trades and HCs will be collectible someday, too. I see one auction for 8 Bone HCs plus Rose sold for only $91. That's a steal.

Just wait for the movie, though.

I heard somewhere that Bone was going to be reprinted in color starting next year(by Disney?). Did anyone else hear about that?

I saw a couple of the colored pages someplace recently. You're right, it is being colored.

It is being reprinted by Scholastic (the publisher of the Harry Potter books) and will be heavily marketed, from what I read. I suspect Bone will be one of the most well know recently produced comics in regards of the general public.

The SC is a STEAL. I got mine for about $25 deliver from Amazon. Color would be nice, sure, but that is a great deal.