• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the best deal you have ever gotten on a comic on eBay?

83 posts in this topic

Bought this raw on ebay for $1,400 back in 2001...I guess I paid "market" value for it back then, but I still consider it the best deal I've ever gotten on a comic on ebay. In the pre-CGC days, ebay was a bit of the Wild, Wild, West but there were great deals to be found if you knew what you were doing. :cloud9:

hulk1.jpg

Wow, that's nice. Did you have it graded? Looks to be at least a 6.0-7.0

yeah that looks like a white pager too.

:grin:

Multiple NM and better copies of Avengers 125 for a buck a piece out of an ebay store.

I'm keeping it to stuff that was immediately worth vast multiples of what I paid.

Plenty of stuff went up 5-25X after a few years, but I guess I paid within the realm of "market" at the time even if we're talking mainstream stuff like a VF+ FF 49 for $20 sold 2 years later for $200+, etc.

Honestly, I've sold a lot of stuff that wound up being terrific investments for the buyers like a 5.0 B&B 28 for $750, a VG+ ST 110 for under $200, a TOS 39 (3.0) for like $500 or so...I can never time these things perfectly.

Bought this raw on ebay for $1,400 back in 2001...I guess I paid "market" value for it back then, but I still consider it the best deal I've ever gotten on a comic on ebay. In the pre-CGC days, ebay was a bit of the Wild, Wild, West but there were great deals to be found if you knew what you were doing. :cloud9:

hulk1.jpg

Wow, that's nice. Did you have it graded? Looks to be at least a 6.0-7.0

yeah that looks like a white pager too.

:grin:

5.5-6.0 for me, depending on the hole in the middle and whether it only goes through the cover.

Nothing major that I can remember. I got a random lot of over 100 indies once that included a bunch of cool stuff. Paid about 8 cents per issue I think, the most valuable think in there might have been worth just under ten bucks, but I definitely made my money back on the purchase and padded my collection with plenty of keepers. Nothing major that I can remember though. Plenty of good low prices.

Not ebay finds, but I got this Justice League of America #64 out of a $10 bin last year at a local comic show. The seller had several Justice Leagues from this time frame in there, most were nice, but mainly middle of the road in condition, however this one caught my eye has being better than the rest. I thought it was nice, but was blown away it grabbed a 9.6.

The Avengers #57 on the right I bought about 25 years ago from a local comic shop for $10. It came out pretty nice too at 9.0.

wiCZ8TE.jpg

Some nice scores...love the Golden Age steals!

My best deal:

Stumbled upon an auction late one night from a low-feedback seller for "Original Star Wars #1" with a blurry picture and description that read "nice condition" sitting at around $50 with a few minutes left. Normally I wouldn't even have clicked on the auction because I'm not really a big Star Wars fan and at $50 it wouldn't even be a great deal unless it was high grade. But, I was bored and took a look anyway. Although the pic was bad, I could just barely make out that it was a 35-cent variant!

My heart was pounding as I watched and then put in a bid of $1,000 with about 30 seconds left and was the high bidder at $58...but somebody else noticed as well in the closing seconds and bid me up to $800 before time ran out.

I was nervous, but when I received it I was thrilled...looked to be VF or better.

I had Joeypost press and submit for me and it came back a 9.0 which I sold for $3,900. :acclaim:

I was in the middle of my divorce at the time and that sure lifted my spirits and helped pay some attorney fees! lol

Love it!!!

Some stuff is eventually for sale so I don't think anyone discloses that type of thing...

The 181 is not... so I will share since it is my keeper book.

A few years ago I picked the following for about $500

Hulk 180 - PGX 5.0

Hulk 181 - PGX 6.5

Hulk 182 - CGC 8.0

The Hulk 181 was cracked from the PGX holder, pressed and assessed at a Blue label 9.0 White from CGC.

Its hard to get deals from eBay.

The best eBay deals I've found in the past couple of years were mostly runs.

Daredevil 1-270 for $800. Sold most for about $2000 total and kept #1.

Avengers 1-20 for $900. Sold most for $1000 total. I kept 1 and 4 but eventually sold them for $2200 total.

I just got a 2.5-3.0 copy of Superman 4 for $500, but I'm waiting for it to come back from CGC before I get my hopes up on that one.

Books go for half their market values whenever I don't bid on them, but the second I start bidding on them, they all exceed fair market values and I end up overpaying. :ohnoez:

So, I've never gotten a good deal on ebay.

+1

Our milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard.

Four from this year, all came back 9.8.

Tomb of Dracula 10: paid $75, sold $1300

Spidey 33: paid $275, sold $2000

Spidey 56: paid $60, sold $1900

Spidey 62: paid $57, sold $1000

Four from this year, all came back 9.8.

Tomb of Dracula 10: paid $75, sold $1300

Spidey 33: paid $275, sold $2000

Spidey 56: paid $60, sold $1900

Spidey 62: paid $57, sold $1000

October, you are the king of these threads. (worship)

I want a job as your apprentice.