• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More ebay shilling by this seller - iwalktheline76

292 posts in this topic

I applaud this post. I value the information on this new found board greatly. Just learning what shilling is I'm more than happy to "justify" the acquisition to the ones not in the know.

Ever buy more than one comic when news breaks, or it's about to heat up? Most likely the answer is yes, I've done it plenty of times myself. As have a few buyers I've sold to. Especially on the same series or news related books.

All but two TMNT books went to a buyer in Singapore. The SYFY related books were sold to the same buyer. Yes, sold and shipped. The first sales stated the books pictured are the books that will be sent. That was not stated for the second sales that ended this evening.

I don't mind being reported at all, I welcome the soon to be quickly dismissed acquisition to put this nonsense in the past. When tossing around words the information should probably be accurate for it to stick. Otherwise one may sound foolish for these words after waving the white flag on a petty Ronin 1 CGC 9.8 at $52. Rather sad.

Yes I waved the white flag on the petty Ronin # 1 CGC 9.8 at $52... I waved it really hard when I found out the exact same book... with the exact same serial number... sold to the exact same buyer for $76 just one week earlier.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RONIN-1-FRANK-MILLER-CGC-9-8-NO-RESERVE-SYFY-SHOW-DC-Comics-/171321266162?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27e38b0ff2

The winning bidder had 99% of their bids with the same seller, too.

I can't wait to see how deep this particular hole he's digging gets.

-slym

So about that tracking number? I am sure with those multiple orders to the same destination you purchased a tracking number to protect yourself and the buyer. Since they shipped to a unique place like Singapore, that should help prove you are right.

No worries at all, I do find such accusations upsetting because I strive to be professional. I'm not aware if you can see any second chance offers, yet I read about shilling and have only offered that once when a buyer backed out of the sale in an email. From what I have read that is the norm for shill bids.

Here's one that pissed me off.

After entering my max bid, two zero feedback users start,jacking the price up. I had to retract my bid and report this to ebay. The seller flat out denied that he's shilling but this is too crazy to be a coincidence.

Let's all be diligent

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=161306570984&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

That's the justification? Wave on.

Listen bud... we all make mistakes. Just try not to make this one again. It's just bad business that's all and it's not fair to the people that want to give you money. The only thing you are hurting is your future sales.

I wish you the best of luck selling the same books over and over. :foryou:

xxx ooo

Rupp

All but two TMNT books went to a buyer in Singapore. The SYFY related books were sold to the same buyer. Yes, sold and shipped. The first sales stated the books pictured are the books that will be sent. That was not stated for the second sales that ended this evening.

Your listings all state that you do not ship outside the United States.

When did the US acquire Singapore? Is it a state or an unincorporated territory?

Lets not forget my theory involving the "Wall of text" as it relates to ones mens rea.

Think that guy & this guy are the same?

:lol:

-slym

The thought had crossed my mind originally. Thanks for replying to my post. I thought perhaps I was typing using a cloak of invisibility because he seems unable or unwilling to answer my repeated question about providing a tracking number.

Your listings all state that you do not ship outside the United States.

When did the US acquire Singapore? Is it a state or an unincorporated territory?

Ooh, he just got handed a larger shovel!

:popcorn:

-slym

The books were shipped to a shipping center in Portland, Oregon. The buyer bought almost all my TMNT books and we have exchanged several messages unrelated to those books, just about comics in general. If this looks awful I am truly sorry. Please know the books are gone and won't be posted by me again. I have no more SYFY specs around. I mainly scooped them up and sold them before the shows become into fruition because let's face it. SYFY does not make TWD caliber shows or draw. I will gladly hit up the buyer from Singapore and ask if he is okay with me sharing his name for clarification.

I can't wait for him to find this thread and try and justify it :)

So-It-Begins.gif

-slym

Was beginning to think it wasn't going to happen.

So iwalktheline76...let me get this straight.

You sell a book to a guy that bids on 99% of your items, he pays you ship and then a week later you relist it and that SAME guy with 99% bids on your items wins it again and you have somehow cloned the book to send him the same book with the same cert?

Did I get that right?

the forum is supposed to believe this isn't you?

shilled.jpg

A buyer with a feedback of 4, which indicates they do very little business on eBay, just happens to stumble upon a seller with a very small inventory who is selling everything he is interested in? From TMNT to Letter 44 to Avengers to V-Wars to Ronin? The odds of that are incalculable.

The books were shipped to a shipping center in Portland, Oregon. The buyer bought almost all my TMNT books and we have exchanged several messages unrelated to those books, just about comics in general. If this looks awful I am truly sorry. Please know the books are gone and won't be posted by me again. I have no more SYFY specs around. I mainly scooped them up and sold them before the shows become into fruition because let's face it. SYFY does not make TWD caliber shows or draw. I will gladly hit up the buyer from Singapore and ask if he is okay with me sharing his name for clarification.

Please explain how you sold THE SAME BOOK to the same buyer in Singapore on auctions where international shipping wasn't offered. Cert #s don't lie.

I can't wait to hear from your "buyer" in Singapore.

:popcorn:

-slym

Believe as you'd wish.

Thanks for your permission!

I often buy from the same sellers when I know they package well and have quality items. I will speak with eBay and be done with it.

Ebay is eBay, and we will report those as we can (and we do!), but... try to sell anything here again. I can almost guarantee it won't go over well.

(thumbs u

-slym

Did you just feel like ranting without reading the entire post? I clearly stated the first sale said "the book pictured is the book that will be shipped". The seconds did not, yes shame on me for not posting new pics but I did not feel it was needed.