• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
55 55

8,684 posts in this topic

On 6/15/2024 at 1:04 PM, Lightning55 said:

You can  change your settings to require automatic payment, set up when bids are placed. But it may reduce your bidder pool.

What's odd is that I THOUGHT I'd done that, and yet this still happened. But I'll go back through and double-check, thanks!

On 6/29/2024 at 6:46 PM, Uff_Da said:

How can you tell the difference?

Just zoom in. Creasing, micro tearing and  dirt covered. Along the staples of the ad photo you can see the front image wrapping around ,not on the actual book I recieved. The fine print along the bottom loon at the word Group, ad picture is perfect the actual book has a tear and crease. All the dirt along the spine not on ad but heavily soiled on actual book. 

On 6/30/2024 at 12:51 PM, Gaard said:

Easy to see the difference. What'd he say when you told him?

Said I can ship it back to him for a refund once he receives the book at my expense. I'm in a different country and will cost more for me to return then the book is worth. 

Just a shady seller, mistakes happen this was just deceptive selling. 

On 7/1/2024 at 8:03 AM, RussJ1s said:

Said I can ship it back to him for a refund once he receives the book at my expense. I'm in a different country and will cost more for me to return then the book is worth. 

Just a shady seller, mistakes happen this was just deceptive selling. 

ebayreturnitem1.thumb.png.b1f10fafe40f6938b71533162befe901.png

ebayreturnitem.png.0a3097f3a02c187f4e6984dc46f468cc.png

As @RockMyAmadeus outlines above, go through those steps and the seller will have to provide a label for you.  The seller was in the wrong.  That puts him in the same bind you are in, too expensive to ship.

Most likely, he won't want to do that.  And if you get no response, eBay will step in and fix it.

On 7/2/2024 at 12:19 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

I have my block list in my bookmark bar in my browser so I can quickly and efficiently never have to sell people who do that, ever.

It's insulting and disrespectful and they'd never do that to your face.

You’d be surprised, there’s some special stupid that occasionally occurs at cons.  At C2E2 a couple years ago I had a guy try to convince me that an easy $250 book could be had for $100 anywhere else.  I outright called him a liar.  Unfortunately he walked off before I could give him some solid business advice to go buy every copy that he could for $100, and then come sell them to me for $125 and make a quick 25%.

On 7/2/2024 at 11:11 AM, mattn792 said:

You’d be surprised, there’s some special stupid that occasionally occurs at cons.  At C2E2 a couple years ago I had a guy try to convince me that an easy $250 book could be had for $100 anywhere else.  I outright called him a liar.  Unfortunately he walked off before I could give him some solid business advice to go buy every copy that he could for $100, and then come sell them to me for $125 and make a quick 25%.

image.thumb.png.3ff03010ad0d6a5b27d7ee785280bc57.png

:whistle: