• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

Looks like I'm on a roll! Guy just hits the buy it now for $500...0 feedback...became a Ebay member today...screen name..."fartobam0"..not counting on this one

+1000 odds say the guy thinks you had the book underpriced and pays you double. Any takers?

Looks like I'm on a roll! Guy just hits the buy it now for $500...0 feedback...became a Ebay member today...screen name..."fartobam0"..not counting on this one

You should send them a message asking if they're related to the fartobam's out of sulphur springs. After all, how many fartobams can there be. Then casually ask if they have any questions on how to checkout.

Comic Kings is not in the wrong here. I see this a lot during SDCC season. Toy sellers will offer pre-orders to obtain the announced exclusives. If you agree to the immediate price you are guaranteed the set of whatever it is you want. If you want to wait and see what the demand is on certain items then you are running the risk of not getting them.

It is poor form to pay the price and be at the front of the line and then ask for a refund.

Let me put it a different way. Imagine buying a fast pass at Disney. This gets you to the front of the line. The day you are there the park attendance is low and the fast pass doesn't really matter. Does this mean you get to keep the fast pass but get a discount ? No.

Comic Kings, you have two ways to play this.

1 - Cancel the order and never deal with the person again.

2 - Hold him to it and if push comes to shove, call eBay and go up the ladder, ask them to read their emails and win the case when the inevitable happens and he files an item not as described case.

Personally... I would cancel the order and refund all the money in this case because you have not shipped any product out yet and I would NEVER deal with this person again.

I think I would choose number 2 just because of what the guy said to him. Had he just asked for a refund and had been nice about replying it might have been different.

We tend to forget about personal responsibility a lot.

Comic Kings is not in the wrong here. I see this a lot during SDCC season. Toy sellers will offer pre-orders to obtain the announced exclusives. If you agree to the immediate price you are guaranteed the set of whatever it is you want. If you want to wait and see what the demand is on certain items then you are running the risk of not getting them.

It is poor form to pay the price and be at the front of the line and then ask for a refund.

Let me put it a different way. Imagine buying a fast pass at Disney. This gets you to the front of the line. The day you are there the park attendance is low and the fast pass doesn't really matter. Does this mean you get to keep the fast pass but get a discount ? No.

2 - Hold him to it and if push comes to shove, call eBay and go up the ladder, ask them to read their emails and win the case when the inevitable happens and he files an item not as described case.

Personally... I would cancel the order and refund all the money in this case because you have not shipped any product out yet and I would NEVER deal with this person again.

The guy sells also...so I looked at something he had for $17.99 with free shipping...another guy on Ebay had it for $11 after shipping..same condition...I asked him if I bought his and found it somewhere else (not 7 weeks later) would he send me a refund for the difference? I told him to look at it from my perspective. That was asking too much. Now i'm the worst dealer on Ebay. Whatever...blocked

I'm not saying what he did was right. But and thos is for you too buzetta.

You pre-order something off amazon. It's 200 USD. That's what you'll pay.

The price drops to 50 before the item is launched. It's still pre order.

Do you cancel your order or take a 150 USD hit?

Answer honestly.

I would suggest you stop now. It only makes you look worse with every argument you bring up. Its not the seller's fault you paid more its yours.

The guy sells also...so I looked at something he had for $17.99 with free shipping...another guy on Ebay had it for $11 after shipping..same condition...I asked him if I bought his and found it somewhere else (not 7 weeks later) would he send me a refund for the difference? I told him to look at it from my perspective. That was asking too much. Now i'm the worst dealer on Ebay. Whatever...blocked

I'm not saying what he did was right. But and thos is for you too buzetta.

You pre-order something off amazon. It's 200 USD. That's what you'll pay.

The price drops to 50 before the item is launched. It's still pre order.

Do you cancel your order or take a 150 USD hit?

Answer honestly.

How about from a seller's point of view then. Let's say you pre-order at $200. Demand goes through the roof and the going rate jumps up to $350. Should the seller cancel your order and sell it to someone else for $350? Would he be taking a $150 hit by honoring the $200 sale?

Edited by lightninglad

I always suck it up and pay in situations like this

even when my cat accidentally buys something I pay

I always suck it up and pay in situations like this

even when my cat accidentally buys something I pay

Me too. Including with my LCS when I agreed to a price for the Walking

Dead 150 retailer incentive, which ended up being considerably higher than what it was going for on day of release.

Also, Con stuff is particularly special in terms of what ends up being in demand, where prices end up etc. You buy a pre-sale for Con stuff because you want to guarantee that you are going to get the item that you want.

I have bought a number of con books eBay presale. Some end up being amazing deals. Others not so much. Never have I or a seller reneged. Either side reneging is complete bull mess.

Ok, so then let's go onto theory again such I'm trying to twist.

1000 USD item now available at 1 USD? You'd still not cancel?

Suuuuure.

I do my homework and don't pay $1000 for $1 items.

This is also not Amazon. In some of the things I collect, I have overpaid to be at the front of the line. When the items sell out, I am still guaranteed my copy or sample of the item. If I want to play the wait and guess game, there is a chance I am going to lose out. If the item becomes available at a cheaper price and I seek a refund from the original seller, I lose my relationship with that vendor. I do not want to risk that so I fulfill my buying commitments.

Case in point. I own a sample of a cancelled Snake Eyes GI Joe figure. It was produced in VERY limited sample quantities and there were rumors floating around that the entire wave would be cancelled. I picked one up a premium knowing the risk that if the figures made it to retail I paid a larger sum for what was at the time a $5 figure. The wave was indeed cancelled. I now own a figure that is far more valuable than I bought it for.

Two years ago I bought ANOTHER Snake Eyes figure that was supposed to be in short supply as it was an exclusive. I paid a premium to get the figure. The figure was released and then others were selling it for less. That was the chance I took.

This thing of ours. This comic book hobby is not Amazon, it is not Macy's it is not Walmart. We deal in appreciating and depreciating values. I don't get to buy things on eBay and then tell a seller the book did not appreciate, I want my money back. I do not get to tell a buyer after I sell them a book that they just made a movie announcement, I want more money for the book I shipped out to yesterday.

Rebel... please provide me your eBay ID so I may block you. I am easily found on eBay. It is the same name I use here. I will tell you the same thing I told someone last week who wanted to place an order with me. I do not want to do business with you. Your money is no good to me.

Buzzetta, block away.

Rebelpk10

If having an opinion in a forum is such an issue for you then block.

And I do realise we are talking about eBay, but you still didn't answer my question.

All you said was you wouldn't pay 1 for a 1000 item.

Great cop out.

Tell me your eBay Id as well so I never have the misfortune of seeing your store.

Edit: and I've never reneged on my deals. And I wasn't saying if I found a price lower somewhere else. I was saying at the same seller.

Edited by Rebelpk

And I do realise we are talking about eBay, but you still didn't answer my question.

You keep wanting people to answer your "what if" questions.

Why don't YOU try answering this "what if" question that's been asked (and ignored) several times already?

He wouldn't answer me when I asked him if he would be mad if I asked him for more money if the books had gone up in value.

How about from a seller's point of view then. Let's say you pre-order at $200. Demand goes through the roof and the going rate jumps up to $350. Should the seller cancel your order and sell it to someone else for $350? Would he be taking a $150 hit by honoring the $200 sale?

So, if a seller pre-sells an item to you for $1....and before it's released the value jumps to $1,000.....does this mean the seller gets to cancel your $1 order and offer it back to you for $1,000?

You keep wanting people to answer your "what if" questions.

Why don't YOU try answering this "what if" question that's been asked (and ignored) several times already?

He wouldn't answer me when I asked him if he would be mad if I asked him for more money if the books had gone up in value.

Yes I would be mad. And I wouldn't buy it. Wouldn't be the first time it's happened. That's the risk you take as a seller correct? You lose a buyer for an item if you ask for too much.

Once again has happened to me before with Amazon. Pre-ordered a game at £20 and they refused to sell it to me for that price. Final price for the game £54. So, yes I refused to buy it from them.

Once again it's the risk.

Opinions are like individual_without_enough_empathys. Everyone has one and they don't all smell nice.