• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,600 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

A long time ago I once told my wife during an argument " I knew my comics way before I knew you"...that did not go over so well lol But to be perfectly honest if I had to choose, I would take her over the books every day and twice on Sundays.

She's extremely supportive of my hobby, goes to almost every con with me and has such a good eye for grading that she is my "finalizer" when it comes to looking for books.  

Mine really gets the grading, at least in the higher grades where I collect.  It came very easy for her.  Makes me wonder if women might be more likely to be "naturals" at it.

I notice that in shooting - they get the sighting, and at least the three in my family that shoot...., they are deadeyes.  We used to go out and shoot clay pigeons at Thanksgiving, and the girls who never practiced always kicked all the guys azzs.

22 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I almost always let them off the hook, it's a fun adjunct to the hobby for me and I know the book will eventually sell.

I have to imagine 9 out of 10 times they found it for a better price or have buyers remorse.

I'm almost thinking that it may actually be the majority of the time.  They know how to twist the short-hairs just right. :shy:

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

I'm almost thinking that it may actually be the majority of the time.  They know how to twist the short-hairs just right. :shy:

I suppose it's possible hm

One of my other favorite excuses is when people ask to cancel because they realize they don't have the money to buy the book.

Sometimes when I'm feeling especially frisky, I might suggest to them that if they can't afford a $100 book, maybe they should reconsider their priorities in life.

8 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

One of my other favorite excuses is when people ask to cancel because they realize they don't have the money to buy the book.

Sometimes when I'm feeling especially frisky, I might suggest to them that if they can't afford a $100 book, maybe they should reconsider their priorities in life. 

Yeah - that is living paycheck to paycheck.  I know there are many different monetary arrangements right here, where an extra $10 is a definite no-go - or so they say - they just don't have it. 

I guess I'm lucky to have some financial flexibilities to where I can deal with the peaks and valleys....., or rather the waves of stuff that show up here.  Sometimes there is nothing I want for a couple months, and then that next month makes up for it all, and I'm scrambling to figure out how to pay for it all - that's definitely this month....., and I'm just buying really good deals!  :sorry:

33 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

A couple times I accidentally bought the same book twice.  You know what I did?  I paid for both books, then listed one for sale later.  You dont just leave someone hanging.  If i screwed up and oh god i cant afford this then I would SELL SOME OF MY OTHER BOOKS TO PAY FOR WHAT I AGREED TO BUY.

6 minutes ago, kav said:

A couple times I accidentally bought the same book twice.  You know what I did?  I paid for both books, then listed one for sale later.  You dont just leave someone hanging.  If i screwed up and oh god i cant afford this then I would SELL SOME OF MY OTHER BOOKS TO PAY FOR WHAT I AGREED TO BUY.

Of course.(thumbsu.

Self dignity and self respect does not leave another option.

7 minutes ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

Of course.(thumbsu.

Self dignity and self respect does not leave another option.

bidders that eat away at seller's time are like termites-

4 minutes ago, kav said:

bidders that eat away at seller's time are like termites-

lol Yes, yes they are, and never ending.

2 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I just tell her, "I was collecting comics before I met you, and I'll be collecting comics long after your gone."

That always works great. (thumbsu

Wait, her gone? Or your gone? I can't keep my gones straight.

8 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Wait, her gone? Or your gone? I can't keep my gones straight.

I corrected the original post - thanks.

2 hours ago, Logan510 said:

I've probably heard that same story a dozen times over the last 1-2 years.

I only told you that story 7 or 8 times. That's pretty low.

Edited by DR.X

22 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

It’s always a joy when someone comes along and corrects your grammar or spelling, id’int?

3 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Mine really gets the grading, at least in the higher grades where I collect.  It came very easy for her.  Makes me wonder if women might be more likely to be "naturals" at it.

I notice that in shooting - they get the sighting, and at least the three in my family that shoot...., they are deadeyes.  We used to go out and shoot clay pigeons at Thanksgiving, and the girls who never practiced always kicked all the guys azzs.

My wife was very accurate the first time she tried shooting, much more than me.  Admittedly I was a teenager the first time I shot and she was an adult, but I'm pretty sure it was impressive either way.  Maybe its some type of natural attention to detail or noticing inconsistencies....

1 minute ago, revat said:

My wife was very accurate the first time she tried shooting, much more than me.  Admittedly I was a teenager the first time I shot and she was an adult, but I'm pretty sure it was impressive either way.  Maybe its some type of natural attention to detail or noticing inconsistencies....

I think with the comic grading it’s because she doesn’t have the same emotional attachment to the books and looks at them with stone cold objectivity.

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

I'm just giving you a hard time, using unfunny humor that everyone rolls their eyes at. :nyah:

It's extra confusing now - I got a smart phone about 2 months ago, and it corrects everything, so I'm getting careless.

36 minutes ago, revat said:
4 hours ago, lizards2 said:

My daughter shot very little before taking hunter's safety, and she outshot everyone in the class.  She was 11 at the time.

14 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

My daughter shot very little before taking hunter's safety, and she outshot everyone in the class.  She was 11 at the time.