• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,600 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mapleleafvann said:
1 hour ago, comicquant said:

I’ll go through a dozen pages with 200 items per page.  More often than not.  I’ll check silver age/superheroes sorted by auction style and ending soonest or Buy It Now and newly listed.  

OK.....well, I feel foolish now.  You and RMA are "mad" buyers....or perhaps I'm just a real lazy one.....

I'm a TRS, so I get best listings anyways, but the stuff I sell is so very niche...Justice League America #31 signed by Giffen, DeMatteis, and HUGHES!!...that often, those searching for it find I'm the only one on the page. :blush:

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

10 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I'm a TRS, so I get best listings anyways, but the stuff I sell is so very niche...Justice League America #31 signed by Giffen, DeMatteis, and HUGHES!!...that often, those searching for it find I'm the only one on the page. :blush:

That is an excellent example of niche market.....one that I can't play in too often sadly.  I'm usually quagmired in the moderns where there are 10+ pages of options...

4 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I didn't expect this much dialogue.

I do agree that I could have responded differently. I was feeling good off some Espolon on a Saturday night and probably should have slept it off.

I have responded to the seller, who offered me a discount to complete the canceled transaction and remove feedback, to pay the original agreed amount of they want.

Cool.  Could you ask the seller why he was asking for the confirmation of information?  Has he had problems in the past that's lead to his email?

This is a hard one for me to understand. On Sunday May 6 I sold a CGC 8.0 X-Men 94 auction for $483 to user Luna66 who has over 5000 positive feedback! After an invoice and numerous friendly reminders... crickets. I don’t get it. Anyone know how I can leave this individual negative feedback?  Thanks 

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

This is a hard one for me to understand. On Sunday May 6 I sold a CGC 8.0 X-Men 94 auction for $483 to user Luna66 who has over 5000 positive feedback! After an invoice and numerous friendly reminders... crickets. I don’t get it. Anyone know how I can leave this individual negative feedback?  Thanks 

You can’t. eBay changed their system several years back to eliminate the ability for sellers to leave negative feedback. Even if you leave a positive but write negative comments, the buyer can get eBay to remove that with one phone call.

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

The only way to hold these buyers accountable is to open a non paying bidder with eBay 

you can also set your settings as a seller to block any buyer with any non paying bidder cases against them.

This unfortunately is the only way we can police them

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

The only way to hold these buyers accountable is to open a non paying bidder with eBay 

you can also set your settings as a seller to block any buyer with any non paying bidder cases against them.

This unfortunately is the only way we can police them

A couple of years ago I started getting a lot of npb's so I tweaked my settings and haven't had a problem since (with npb's).

2 minutes ago, comicquant said:

A couple of years ago I started getting a lot of npb's so I tweaked my settings and haven't had a problem since (with npb's).

I’ve been meaning to do that but I only get the occasional non bidder etc 

the issue now for me is when they request to cancel the transaction after the auction ends

59 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I’ve been meaning to do that but I only get the occasional non bidder etc 

the issue now for me is when they request to cancel the transaction after the auction ends

To be honest, that is also the biggest problem for me now as an eBay seller. I used to get them once in a blue moon and unfortunately they're happening with more regularity.

Especially frustrating when someone haggles with you and you accept their best offer, only to have them hand you a sob story about how their wife got mad at them and they need to cancel now. I've probably heard that same story a dozen times over the last 1-2 years.

12 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

To be honest, that is also the biggest problem for me now as an eBay seller. I used to get them once in a blue moon and unfortunately they're happening with more regularity.

Especially frustrating when someone haggles with you and you accept their best offer, only to have them hand you a sob story about how their wife got mad at them and they need to cancel now. I've probably heard that same story a dozen times over the last 1-2 years.

Tell them to get a new wife.

:sumo:

2 hours ago, Timmay said:
2 hours ago, Logan510 said:

I just tell her, "I was collecting comics before I met you, and I'll be collecting comics long after you're gone."

That always works great. (thumbsu

Edited by lizards2

6 minutes ago, Timmay said:

I almost always let them off the hook, it's a fun adjunct to the hobby for me and I know the book will eventually sell.

I have to imagine 9 out of 10 times they found it for a better price or have buyers remorse.

5 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I just tell her, "I was collecting comics before I met you, and I'll be collecting comics long after your gone."

That always works great. (thumbsu

A long time ago I once told my wife during an argument " I knew my comics way before I knew you"...that did not go over so well lol But to be perfectly honest if I had to choose, I would take her over the books every day and twice on Sundays.

She's extremely supportive of my hobby, goes to almost every con with me and has such a good eye for grading that she is my "finalizer" when it comes to looking for books.