• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,600 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

It was an odd request. One that I have never received before.

I see that you just bought and authorized payment for the following item(s):
Please verify the following:
Name of item(s) bought:Kabuki Images Graphic Novel PB 1998
Authorized payment made:$33.48
Name and shipping address:

Your item will not be shipped until the above is verified, and your eBay name and address on record matches your PayPal account.

This is done upon payment (shrug)

This was my first response:

I have better and more feedback than you.
Please prove that the item is real.

I don't think enough people leave negative feedback. It's a perfectly reasonable response to bad service. That's what it's there for. I bought an item and expect it to be shipped in a timely manner.

Also, I'm not going to be turned off by one negative if they have 100's+ positive. I see you have 6 negative or neutral feedback left in the past 12 months and nearly 800 positive. I would not be worried by your feedback after reading your responses to them. But, the seller needs to know and have a public account when they do something unsatisfactory so there is at least some sense of accountability.

I think people leave negative feedback for the wrong things and not enough for the things they should.

He basically wanted you to send your name and address? Am I reading that correctly?

1 minute ago, jsilverjanet said:

I think people leave negative feedback for the wrong things and not enough for the things they should.

He basically wanted you to send your name and address? Am I reading that correctly?

Not sure what the seller wanted / needed. My information was in the message they sent me.

Something didn't seem right.

Does your eBay name/address match your PayPal info

ive had instances where the names don’t match. I’ve had issues with those transactions in the past but always ruled in my favor because I shipped to the address that PayPal provided

1 minute ago, jsilverjanet said:

I have better and more feedback than you.
Please prove that the item is real

Also doesn’t this seem a bit aggressive? 

I don’t think his request was unreasonable and honestly your response comes across I’m better than you etc

4 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Does your eBay name/address match your PayPal info

ive had instances where the names don’t match. I’ve had issues with those transactions in the past but always ruled in my favor because I shipped to the address that PayPal provided

Also doesn’t this seem a bit aggressive? 

I don’t think his request was unreasonable and honestly your response comes across I’m better than you etc

Yes, everything matches exactly.

Of course it's aggressive. I was dumbfounded and feeling good on the jerk juice.

4 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

And now some poor schlub who had 100% positive feedback, all of it very favorable, has 95%.

That’s the unfortunate part. He will learn from it because of the consequence of his actions. However I don’t think buyers ever have that moment of clarity. 

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Yes, everything matches exactly.

Of course it's aggressive. I was dumbfounded and feeling good on the jerk juice.

I'm guessing the seller has had some situation or problem on ebay in the past and has started asking for buyer to verify information.  Perhaps he shipped something and the seller had moved and not updated his paypal shipping address and it became a problem.

Honestly, your response seems very hostile and negative feedback even more so.

Just now, thehumantorch said:

I'm guessing the seller has had some situation or problem on ebay in the past and has started asking for buyer to verify information.  Perhaps he shipped something and the seller had moved and not updated his paypal shipping address and it became a problem.

Honestly, your response seems very hostile and negative feedback even more so.

Yup, and I got no problem with that. You know why? Because I'm a good seller and deliver as promised and that's what my reputation reflects. I don't bother buyers with unnecessary emails and asking for more information that has already been provided.

I'm still getting emails now.

So, after all that the seller still wants to do business with me, and at a discount. Probably because they realized they would have no case in trying to get the negative removed. That's why the negative are important.

I will not deal with this seller again. If you are of the opinion that I went too far, I can understand that.

51 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Yup, and I got no problem with that. You know why? Because I'm a good seller and deliver as promised and that's what my reputation reflects. I don't bother buyers with unnecessary emails and asking for more information that has already been provided.

I'm still getting emails now.

If i was looking to buy from that seller I would want to know that he requires all kinds of extra info so I could avoid him.  I approve your neg feedback.

13 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

I'm  wondering why you didn't just respond with a short "just curious why you want this information?" and to have a "normal" dialogue from there. Honestly, it would have taken what, a few short extra sentences?

I think that would have been the better way to go...I don't think the seller deserves a neg for asking that initial question as there could have been extenuating circumstances for him asking in the first place.

Now, I think if you provided your shipping info and it matched your PayPal info and he still refused to ship, sure, give him a neg but I just don't see what ended up transpiring as neg worthy.

2c

There is no need for any of this.

The buyer paid, the seller ships book.

That's it.

It's that simple.

16 minutes ago, Timmay said:
33 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

I'm  wondering why you didn't just respond with a short "just curious why you want this information?" and to have a "normal" dialogue from there. Honestly, it would have taken what, a few short extra sentences?

I think that would have been the better way to go...I don't think the seller deserves a neg for asking that initial question as there could have been extenuating circumstances for him asking in the first place.

Now, I think if you provided your shipping info and it matched your PayPal info and he still refused to ship, sure, give him a neg but I just don't see what ended up transpiring as neg worthy.

2c

There is no need for any of this.

The buyer paid, the seller ships book.

That's it.

It's that simple.

I don’t see what the seller did wrong in his initial contact. Was he too formal? I’ve also had folks buy things whose ebay addresses that did not match their PP addresses. Maybe I’m misunderstanding things.

OP buys item.

Seller starts to process order, see addresses that don’t match (a potential red flag for getting ripped off) and asks OP to confirm his address.

OP writes aggressive, snide response without confirming address.

Seller decides, “Uh-oh. This is trouble.” and cancels order.

Like jsilverjanet, i would have probably written a second email rather than cancelling the sale, but if the seller sees different addresses, what is the big deal about confirming the correct one?

Just now, Pontoon said:

I don’t see what the seller did wrong in his initial contact. Was he too formal? I’ve also had folks buy things whose ebay addresses that did not match their PP addresses. Maybe I’m misunderstanding things.

OP buys item.

Seller starts to process order, see addresses that don’t match (a potential red flag for getting ripped off) and asks OP to confirm his address.

Like jsilverjanet, i would have probably written a second email rather than cancelling the sale, but if the seller sees different addresses, what is the big deal about confirming the correct one?

What addresses that don't match?

You get paid, print the shipping label through eBay or PayPal with the address that's already in the system, and move on.

11 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

OP buys item.

The impression I get is that this wasn’t so much the seller noticing that addresses didn’t match, but that eBay/PayPal put up a yellow flag on the transaction details highlighting that the address was unvarified. 

Since both eBay and PayPal have cautioned sellers about shipping to an unverified address it’s understandable that it might give a seller pause.