• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,600 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Most of my transaction feedback is being a seller.

Negative feedback pushes your listings lower? It's not based on search words? We're talking about comics which are usually pretty specific, not a toothbrush for instance.

You are correct here. Comics are such a niche market, and people look for such specific things, that the "listings pushed down" don't really matter too much. Selling electronic widgets? That's a different story.

On 5/14/2018 at 11:11 AM, ygogolak said:

Seller: tkmops

Paid for item immediately and the seller wanted more personal information to prove I was legit. I have twice the feedback rating as them. Would not ship and cancelled my order.

Not sure why everyone’s is giving @ygogolak grief for giving negative feedback to the seller.  You don’t cancel transactions that were paid for, you deal with the buyer before making assumptions.  It’s a complete bush league move to cancel an item in this way.  Had this been a $500 book then maybe you take it the extra mile but not $25 with someone who has an extensive history on eBay.  To me this sounds like the seller was coming up with an excuse for bad inventory skills.  Hopefully the negative feedback is a lesson learned for this seller on how to conduct themselves on eBay.

Edited by comicquant

7 hours ago, Timmay said:

What addresses that don't match?

You get paid, print the shipping label through eBay or PayPal with the address that's already in the system, and move on.

If you allow yourself to be used as a source for drop shippers on eBay, you're going to have a bad time.

8 minutes ago, comicquant said:

Not sure why everyone’s is giving @ygogolak grief for giving negative feedback to the seller.  You don’t cancel transactions that were paid for, you deal with the buyer before making assumptions.  It’s a complete bush league move to cancel an item in this way.  Had this been a $500 book then maybe you take it the extra mile but not $25 with someone who has an extensive history on eBay.  To me this sounds like the seller was coming up with an excuse for bad inventory skills.  Hopefully the negative feedback is a lesson learned for this seller on how to conduct themselves on eBay.

great the seller learns his lesson, but does the buyer? I'm not sure if you sell on ebay or not, but if a buyer came at me with that type of attitude,  I'd be hesitant of ever dealing with him again.

9 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

The negative feedback should be a last resort,  the cancelled transaction should be a last resort. Whatever happened to acting like adults and trying to resolve the issue as such

(shrug)

Agreed, feedback was left after the order was cancelled. That's what my feedback says.

25 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

You are correct here. Comics are such a niche market, and people look for such specific things, that the "listings pushed down" don't really matter too much. Selling electronic widgets? That's a different story.

Comics are a niche market, but I have to disagree with you on the impact of being pushed down the line.  When people are shopping for a book and there a good amount of listings for it, being pushed to the 2nd page is a BIG deal....further than that, even worse.  How many times are you shopping for a book on page 3 of the available listed items?

6 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

great the seller learns his lesson, but does the buyer? I'm not sure if you sell on ebay or not, but if a buyer came at me with that type of attitude,  I'd be hesitant of ever dealing with him again.

I’ve been on eBay as both a buyer and a seller since 1998.  I probably haven’t sold as much as most of the people on the boards but I’ve got 500 feedback without a single blemish.  Most of the 500 (90%) is as a seller.

Maybe I missed some posts but what attitude?  The expectation of receiving an item in a perfectly normal transaction?  If I cancel a valid transaction, as a seller I’m going to expect some friction and do what I can to make things right.  If I sell something and I’m unable to fulfill my end of the deal, it’s my responsibility.  

Just now, Mapleleafvann said:

Comics are a niche market, but I have to disagree with you on the impact of being pushed down the line.  When people are shopping for a book and there a good amount of listings for it, being pushed to the 2nd page is a BIG deal....further than that, even worse.  How many times are you shopping for a book on page 3 of the available listed items?

All the time.

I don't ever search by "Best Match", either.

12 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

The negative feedback should be a last resort,  the cancelled transaction should be a last resort. Whatever happened to acting like adults and trying to resolve the issue as such

(shrug)

Times 10,000.

1 minute ago, Mapleleafvann said:

I’ll go through a dozen pages with 200 items per page.  More often than not.  I’ll check silver age/superheroes sorted by auction style and ending soonest or Buy It Now and newly listed.  

@comicquant

13 hours ago, ygogolak said:

It was an odd request. One that I have never received before.

I see that you just bought and authorized payment for the following item(s):
Please verify the following:
Name of item(s) bought:Kabuki Images Graphic Novel PB 1998
Authorized payment made:$33.48
Name and shipping address:

Your item will not be shipped until the above is verified, and your eBay name and address on record matches your PayPal account.

This is done upon payment (shrug)

This was my first response:

I have better and more feedback than you.
Please prove that the item is real.

I don't think enough people leave negative feedback. It's a perfectly reasonable response to bad service. That's what it's there for. I bought an item and expect it to be shipped in a timely manner.

Also, I'm not going to be turned off by one negative if they have 100's+ positive. I see you have 6 negative or neutral feedback left in the past 12 months and nearly 800 positive. I would not be worried by your feedback after reading your responses to them. But, the seller needs to know and have a public account when they do something unsatisfactory so there is at least some sense of accountability.

Edited by jsilverjanet

2 minutes ago, comicquant said:

I’ll go through a dozen pages with 200 items per page.  More often than not.  I’ll check silver age/superheroes sorted by auction style and ending soonest or Buy It Now and newly listed.  

OK.....well, I feel foolish now.  You and RMA are "mad" buyers....or perhaps I'm just a real lazy one.....

Just now, Mapleleafvann said:

OK.....well, I feel foolish now.  You and RMA are "mad" buyers....or perhaps I'm just a real lazy one.....

It’s one of those things where I don’t really want to do it but feel like I’ll miss something if I don’t.  Just about the time I’m able to stop I’ll get an incredible deal and be right back on the wagon.

1 minute ago, comicquant said:

It’s one of those things where I don’t really want to do it but feel like I’ll miss something if I don’t.  Just about the time I’m able to stop I’ll get an incredible deal and be right back on the wagon.

Smart.....and something that I should really follow up on.  Appreciate the tip---thank you!