• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

seems like he rethought his position after putting up the walls. Then you decided too late-- I will make this hurt you.

Seems like a lot of energy wasted on a return to me. but good luck

ps-- totally in your corner about the guy being block worthy -- just not sure about wasting too much effort dealing with the nuisance behavior.

Nah I didnt want to hurt him at first - when initiating contact I started it as a friendly email to work it out and do the return. I would have even paid the shipping out of my pocket and chalked it up to a learning lesson. I really do not see myself nor believe others see me as a difficult person to do a transaction with.

When you screw up and shift or deny responsibility and tell me that you are not willingly going to take a return, then we work in a different manner. I've screwed up. God knows I've screwed up and when that has happened I did what I could to make it right. I do not let myself be taken advantage of though.

I understand the whole "principal of the situation" type of scenario. My experience with these battles is that they are huge wastes of time. The person won't change their behavior and you are just adding to how much effort you have to put forth for something that would benefit you immediately by simply ending it.

If you've ever seen the comedy sketches on Chapel Show about "keeping it real"-- hugely exaggerated examples to be sure -- but not too far off the idea that the person brings more on themselves when letting something go/ending future encounters with the offender-- would have led to a much better outcome.

I assume your time is valuable - and wasting it just adds additional human capital on this bad transaction. Block, return, get refund, done deal- next is my mantra.

not to belabor the point but I just thought of another example from the old Zig Ziggler tapes.

He tells a story about this guy who was driving along heading to work when this other driver cuts them off on the road. The guy starts yelling in his car at the guy. The other guy doesn't really notice and just keep s driving along clueless that he has caused this huge offense to the other guy.

The irate driver is so upset that he keeps muttering under his breath as he continues driving--- then parks and goes in to work where he tells every one within earshot how he was wronged and almost killed- things getting slightly more and more embellished as he tells the tale. IN fact the guys entire day is totally dominated by this one event in the morning that took mere seconds. Meanwhile the other driver has had a fine day and still has no idea the other driver even exists-- even though he was technically the one who started the whole problem.

It has something to do with how you choose to respond to something versus reacting. The irate driver could have chosen to respond to the act of the other driver with a simple shrug of the shoulders or something simple. He chose to react like it was the end of the world and that stupid driver who wronged him needs to pay, ruining his day and that of several co-workers in the process. If only he had chosen to respond with a level headed approach like "whew-- that was close-- thank god I didn't get in an accident there" and look at it as a good thing.

Now I'm not saying this insufficiently_thoughtful_person's shipping oversight is as nasty as a potential car crash. But in the end-- you have the option to react to his poor customer service with pursuing action with eBay returns-- dragging the situation out for perhaps an additional week. Or you could respond to their attempt to correct it by accepting the return offer, send the item, get your money back, block them and be done with it.

It is your choice to escalate the situation.

seems like he rethought his position after putting up the walls. Then you decided too late-- I will make this hurt you.

Seems like a lot of energy wasted on a return to me. but good luck

ps-- totally in your corner about the guy being block worthy -- just not sure about wasting too much effort dealing with the nuisance behavior.

Nah I didnt want to hurt him at first - when initiating contact I started it as a friendly email to work it out and do the return. I would have even paid the shipping out of my pocket and chalked it up to a learning lesson. I really do not see myself nor believe others see me as a difficult person to do a transaction with.

When you screw up and shift or deny responsibility and tell me that you are not willingly going to take a return, then we work in a different manner. I've screwed up. God knows I've screwed up and when that has happened I did what I could to make it right. I do not let myself be taken advantage of though.

I understand the whole "principal of the situation" type of scenario. My experience with these battles is that they are huge wastes of time. The person won't change their behavior and you are just adding to how much effort you have to put forth for something that would benefit you immediately by simply ending it.

If you've ever seen the comedy sketches on Chapel Show about "keeping it real"-- hugely exaggerated examples to be sure -- but not too far off the idea that the person brings more on themselves when letting something go/ending future encounters with the offender-- would have led to a much better outcome.

I assume your time is valuable - and wasting it just adds additional human capital on this bad transaction. Block, return, get refund, done deal- next is my mantra.

Oh I just want my refund and I will chalk it up to a whatever. But It is a shame I have to jump,through hoops to get my money back for something caused by his negligence. $140 is worth it to me to click a few buttons and keep the cell phone next to me on speakers phone while I do some work.

I will admit to simply paying a double copay for a medical bill rather than get into it knowing that $15 would suck up hours of my time.

I love the Ebay buyer that just shipped an ASM 9.8 slab I was looking forward to getting by putting it in between 2 thin pieces of cardboard and putting it inside a medium priority box with absolutely no padding of any kind. It must have had fun bouncing around everywhere because it is completely cracked. Nice job :censored: !!

I currently have a great one.

I buy a piece of art on eBay. It was a commission piece of the two fire department transformers. It wasn't anything crazy. $140 shipped. Sellers asked how I wanted it shipped, rolled or in an envelope with a cardboard liner. I replied boxed with an explanation as to why. Trust me... worth the read.

Start from the bottom and work your way up. You can figure out who is who.

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-09%20at%206.36.46%20PM.png

This is ridiculous. I have shipped out records before where I cut out cardboard larger than the record, but made it thick enough for it not to get bent. People can do these things, but they choose not to. They think their lazy job is a stellar job.

I love the Ebay buyer that just shipped an ASM 9.8 slab I was looking forward to getting by putting it in between 2 thin pieces of cardboard and putting it inside a medium priority box with absolutely no padding of any kind. It must have had fun bouncing around everywhere because it is completely cracked. Nice job :censored: !!

I've had this happen recently from someone I have bought a few times from. Think you can have a level of expectation, then you end up with a cracked slab and doubt.

Man, yall are scary with all of these horrible stories. Ive had some "my baby bought your book with my phone" BS and people who were just incredibly rude for no reason whatsoever, but these stories are amazing.

Im guessing Ive been lucky because Im only buying and selling slabs, and the shenanigan percentage is much lower.

I have had people actually say that they were just looking at the auction and accidentally bought it. Really? You have to click on the "buy" button and you have to confirm your purchase. So, you accidentally pushed the two buttons?

I buy a piece of art on eBay. It was a commission piece of the two fire department transformers. It wasn't anything crazy. $140 shipped. Sellers asked how I wanted it shipped, rolled or in an envelope with a cardboard liner. I replied boxed with an explanation as to why. Trust me... worth the read.

This is ridiculous. I have shipped out records before where I cut out cardboard larger than the record, but made it thick enough for it not to get bent. People can do these things, but they choose not to. They think their lazy job is a stellar job.

My inner three year old wants to do one thing though. I am leaning toward one total individual_without_enough_empathy move. I am sending it back in a box. Included in that box is a note that says, "For future reference, this is a box."

Edited by Buzzetta

My inner three year old wants to do one thing though. I am leaning toward one total individual_without_enough_empathy move. I am sending it back in a box. Included in that box is a note that says, "For future reference, this is a box."

that would be funny

the guy would probably say to himself-- "so that guy DOES have a lot of time to do this stuff after all"

PS-- are you going to share their ebay name with us?

that would be funny

the guy would probably say to himself-- "so that guy DOES have a lot of time to do this stuff after all"

PS-- are you going to share their ebay name with us?

As of now... no.

1 - I think this guy has learned his lesson and everyone is entitled to a mistake

2 - I have to wait until eBay clears the return on Thursday afternoon and I would want to make sure the money is secure.

However... bonus...

Add this name to the blocked list: uslis_jalfbpv (no address on account) He bid on and won my copy of ASM 146 in a 9.2 for $60. I asked for an address and he stated that he does not want the item. Non paying bidding process we go.

I have dealt with 0 Feedback bidders lately with much success so that does not deter me in the future from allowing newbies to buy my things.

I finally got around to updating my blocked eBay buyer list, and I was looking for a way to just copy and paste Harvey's list into the blocked buyer field. I figured it out so I thought I would share. Saved me a lot of time.

1. Copy the list from Post 1

2. Paste the list into a word document. Make sure you paste it as "text only"

3. Hit CTRL + H (for find and replace)

4. In the "find" field, type "^p"

5. In the replace field, type ", " (that is comma + a space. Be sure to put the space!)

6. Click replace all.

And your list should be formatted correctly to be copy & pasted into the eBay block buyer form.

Just thought I would share. My apologies if it's been explained ad nauseam.

EDIT: Formatted list doh! (Good idea TheDude)

Note: This list has a few names removed that eBay said were no longer valid users.

aarr5824, abcwaldie, aladav_w4fb86gvf, alexscomicshopandauctions, allcountyemploymentservices, askanison23, auctionsit4cash, avsswolf, bbbetti, bdieter8, bossanova1979, boxerone, brownchikano, bulldog76_2013, bumbao, cad290, calcifer2610, carmgeof, carvinsrs246, cf02cf03, chapao12, chill469, coo-holl, crisis_comics, da_dillo, darinaa1986, davis-larr, dazdav5, delparkadkins, dept.of.superhero.affairs, doingitright2010, dollabill168, donjuanjunior2008, dornier81, edtigger99, elee034, estatesaleslim, fatchocobo0, fathersoncomics, figc, firstdivineright, galvtoxcarl, gigabyte334, goodstuff24, greatliving2008, grubbzy37, gzmzhz2010, happyman24, hardboiled777, harr.burri, heisenberg00000, henhan-hxnpmr, huandebi_zq1tzjs1, hustruck007, iluvdeadpeople2012, jayglate, jazamthepuss2010, jeterfan1976, jewellzcardzandcomicz, jkwmullin, jlafan, johnny_ringo_93, jolchowski, joshnjess12007, jrprice3, jsmithsells, julientristan22, kaydogzcomix2001, kcsports11, kittcar78, komic-kazi, kylwes2, lachik509, llc-sell, mandhenni, marygarsan, mavstrzr, mayer_res8izy, mcooley2984, mighty_soul_crusher, mkrusin, mrkevgc, native_beaut13, nowsound, ohlie1, par1ahh, patterjoe01, pbritty909909, pedro08107710, penagchris, phillobeddoe78, phokingfacevalue, polkadot2005, preduction, project-rebirth, rff7706, richardmaio, rickma0, rileyjones88, roblecastre, sa_nola, sandracaroz, sidetracked77, sikured419, siro7, slojay, spider_web_comics, spiderwebcomics, spy1017, stakiebaby860710, stefa-ariel, stephen100009cws, stockton374, storestockpsycho, tokamakspoon, trav-tapp, turtleman402, venom1444, venom_86, vhpbass, vibdarkestangel, vict_rang, villaus-k76yasb, walkingdeadfanatic19, wcduff, whattravissells, whitashani, yankeeskd46, zapa-andr, zudu41

Edited by AntBrown

it might be easier to just share your list in a spoiler tagged form. I use two ebay accounts-- and I sometimes forget to update both lists with new names. I just take the entire list from one and add it to the other and press submit. The block application sorts out all the doubles.

Of course-- you might end up blocking a bunch of people for no apparent reason or for some reasons not related to comics. Most of the ones on mine earned their spot though.

it might be easier to just share your list in a spoiler tagged form. I use two ebay accounts-- and I sometimes forget to update both lists with new names. I just take the entire list from one and add it to the other and press submit. The block application sorts out all the doubles.

Of course-- you might end up blocking a bunch of people for no apparent reason or for some reasons not related to comics. Most of the ones on mine earned their spot though.

Yea, that's a no brainer, lol. I edited and added the list in spoiler tags.

Edited by AntBrown

ebay user ID:

tom.deacon

Hits buy it now. Send this message:

" I'm very sorry. My 3 year old son got hold of my phone and has accidently hit buttons that were not meant to be pressed. Sorry for the inconvenience. "

:facepalm:

Good morning all.

Just wanted to share my experience this last weekend with the buyer

jewellzcardzandcomicz / sandiegocomics420

As jewell, he offered 3 times on a 450.00 item (for the record, those offers were 70.00, 72.00 and 81.00) and became belligerent when the offers were refused.

9 minutes later, the sandiego account "purchases" the 5 highest priced items in my shop one after the other, hitting me with the headache of waiting on non payment / getting fees refunded / etc.

As jewell, I then get an email along the lines of "oops, looks like no one can offer on it now."

Both are in the same town and the latter id has spotty feedback. This has all been extensively reported to eBay, but we know how that goes.

Thanks!

Good morning all.

As jewell, he offered 3 times on a 450.00 item (for the record, those offers were 70.00, 72.00 and 81.00) and became belligerent when the offers were refused.

9 minutes later, the sandiego account "purchases" the 5 highest priced items in my shop one after the other, hitting me with the headache of waiting on non payment / getting fees refunded / etc.

As jewell, I then get an email along the lines of "oops, looks like no one can offer on it now."

Both are in the same town and the latter id has spotty feedback. This has all been extensively reported to eBay, but we know how that goes.

Thanks!

His name has been brought up before a few times.

He's also a boardie... JewellzCardzandCo

Good morning all.

Thanks!

I would take the time to actually call eBay, if you reach the right person you can probably have both of his accounts deep sixed.