• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which SA Comic will increase the most in OS2014?

41 posts in this topic

Key issue not mentioned in any part of a movie where it's been hyped. Under 20 in the grade or higher unless it is an ultra key issue with high demand. DC over Marvel only because Marvel has dominated pricing over the years and DC has a lot of room to grow.

I've picked up B&B 54 and The Teen Titans 1 on spec. Batman has taken a beating so I am picking them up. Early GL has taken a beating so I am picking those up (unless you count the last Heritage auction where a GL7 went for an insane amount). The Flash was taking a beating, but is coming back so now I'm holding.

ASM 3 I thought would spike with the new ASM, but it's holding. ASM 50 is kind of flip flopping on the day >9.2. TOS 50 I picked up because no one else wanted it. So much for POST movie hype. :)

Daredevil #1 should continue to get a bump. As a first issue, first appearance of a major character, it continues to be undervalued.

My vote (thumbs u

Full disclosure: It's my best book, CGC 7.5 O/W-W :)

Daredevil #1 should continue to get a bump. As a first issue, first appearance of a major character, it continues to be undervalued.

My vote (thumbs u

Full disclosure: It's my best book, CGC 7.5 O/W-W :)

In that case....I think every comic Marvel published from 1/1959 to 12/1979 should increase in value in the next overstreet. :devil:

It is probably easier to say what has been going up versus what will go up. I tend to watch the books I have and the ones I am looking for. I have a Action 252 and it has been going up a lot, if Supergirl ever gets a movie it might take off like a rocketship.

Regardless though of what the market does, my collecting focus doesn't really change.

Also, I have noticed a lot more overheated price escalations in copper lately, some of those books are 30 years old and between movies, TV and just the fact that they were very good books, a lot of the keys are going up (Swamp Thing 37, New Teen Titans 2, etc, ect.)

It's got to be Adventure 247. As soon as the announcement of a Legion of Superheroes movie comes out, with all of those roles available for all of the current teen-age heart throbs, it's going through the roof baby!!!! (:

What's your price range? As any financial planner will tell you, past performance does not guarantee future returns. That said, what the heck, I'll throw out the most obvious picks...

If you have a few hundred to spend, I would suggest Avengers 57 (first Vision) , Tales to Astonish 44 (first Wasp), Hulk 181 (first Wolverine), Silver Surfer 1, Iron Man 1, or any Amazing Spider-man Comic book between 2 and 16.

Those aren't blue chips, but you can't buy blue chip comics for less than 1k unless they are complete rags (coverless, missing pages, etc.).

If you have a few thousand to spend, I would suggest the Silver-Age keys: Amazing Fantasy 15 (first Spider-man), Hulk 1, Journey into Mystery 83 (first Thor), Tales of Suspense 39 (first Iron-man), Amazing Spider-man 1, X-men 1, Daredevil 1, Avengers 1.....

If you have tens of thousands to spend I would suggest those same silver age keys in high grade or golden age keys like All-Star 8, Flash Comics 1, All American 16, Captain America Comics 1, Marvel Comics 1, Superman 1, Batman 1 etc.

If you have hundreds of thousands then consider Action Comics 1 (first Super-man) or Detective comics 27 (first Batman).

I have more nuanced picks for the Golden Age, but that's not for me to share :-) The aforementioned comics are the most tried and true. good luck!

Damn dude you are a damn GENIUS! :baiting:

lol lol lol

I was taking on the role of financial planner. Giving sound, generic advice. Take only the risk you are comfortable with. Diversify your portfolio. Stick with blue chips! The market will have its ups and downs. Buy and hold or sell high, buy low. A comic saved is a comic earned. A fool and his pedigree are easily parted....

Sound financial advice for sure. (thumbs u

The reality is if you are asking the question today you are probably late to the game for 2014 if the intention was to buy em up. You should have asked the question in 2011 or 2012. ASM 2,3,13,14 FF 45, 65,67 ST 110,115,126 Thor 165, Doc 169. Mega keys Hulk #1 AF 15.

Key issue not mentioned in any part of a movie where it's been hyped. Under 20 in the grade or higher unless it is an ultra key issue with high demand. DC over Marvel only because Marvel has dominated pricing over the years and DC has a lot of room to grow.

I've picked up B&B 54 and The Teen Titans 1 on spec. Batman has taken a beating so I am picking them up. Early GL has taken a beating so I am picking those up (unless you count the last Heritage auction where a GL7 went for an insane amount). The Flash was taking a beating, but is coming back so now I'm holding.

ASM 3 I thought would spike with the new ASM, but it's holding. ASM 50 is kind of flip flopping on the day >9.2. TOS 50 I picked up because no one else wanted it. So much for POST movie hype. :)

i've been hearing this for 20 years, hasn't happened and probably never will.

i've been hearing this for 20 years, hasn't happened and probably never will.

100% agree. When do people stop thinking this? 30 years? 40???

The reality is if you are asking the question today you are probably late to the game for 2014 if the intention was to buy em up. You should have asked the question in 2011 or 2012. ASM 2,3,13,14 FF 45, 65,67 ST 110,115,126 Thor 165, Doc 169. Mega keys Hulk #1 AF 15.

great list of books there..

I'm sure the senior overstreet advisors see whats up..

ASM, 60's cosmic marvel, and anything x-men are on the rise..

but don't forget the good classic silver Batman/dc stuff too..

despite the lack of dc films, New 52 continues to pull readers in to the oldies.

Justice League is finally on the up and any justice league members (especially cool females) introduced in the silver age will likely skyrocket soon.

Also interest in silver age EC is on the uptick..

In my humble opinion,

X-men #4

Hawkman #4

are pretty huge with low census numbers.

the bubble, in theory, just started.. going to be a while before we see a collapse, if ever.

That said, Overstreet will advance with caution!

great list of books there..

I'm sure the senior overstreet advisors see whats up..

Yeah the majority of advisers are board members. :headbang:

I see there's a lot of speculation about which SA books will increase the most in the future. As far as I know, OS pricing is influenced by real prior year reported sales. With that in mind, I'd expect ST #110 to show the largest % price appreciation along with X-Men #4.

I see there's a lot of speculation about which SA books will increase the most in the future. As far as I know, OS pricing is influenced by real prior year reported sales. With that in mind, I'd expect ST #110 to show the largest % price appreciation along with X-Men #4.

great minds...

great minds...

I saw your earlier mention of ST #110, but not of the focus of the thread turning to speculation about future increases. :baiting:

And yes, we do have great minds. ;)

I think the growth of this one is still going to surprise people eventually, since Fox and Marvel Studios both seem to have long term movie plans for Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch. This is uncharted territory since it will be getting attention from two distinct, major movie franchises featuring the characters.